Windows 10: WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

Discus and support WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; HEY THERE, I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 AND NOW THE ACTIVATION SCREEN WONT LOAD OR OPEN UP! SO MY PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS IS NOW "NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Aayushjain1, Nov 1, 2018.

1. WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

HEY THERE,

I RECENTLY UPGRADED MY WINDOWS 10 AND NOW THE ACTIVATION SCREEN WONT LOAD OR OPEN UP!

SO MY PREVIOUSLY ACTIVATED WINDOWS IS NOW "NOT ACTIVATED" AND THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT!

SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP..

:)

Aayushjain1, Nov 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 1, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    windows update Error 0xC004F074 Windows not activated

Hi Lucas,

We would appreciate if you could provide more details about the issue. Is your computer connected to a (domain) secured network? Aside from updating the computer, have you performed any changes prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the steps provided on these article:

We'll wait for your response on this matter.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 1, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 1, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE

1. WINDOWS WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR TO UPDATE - Similar Threads - WAS ACTIVATED PRIOR

2. Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation: I downloaded and installed Windows 11 Pro after making a Purchase of Windows 11 Home. I became aware of my error while trying to activate the product.Is the a method to purchase a Pro upgrade without an activated Home version?...
  3. Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Pro upgrade prior to activation: I downloaded and installed Windows 11 Pro after making a Purchase of Windows 11 Home. I became aware of my error while trying to activate the product.Is the a method to purchase a Pro upgrade without an activated Home version?...
  4. upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgraded MBD CPU and RAM, windows was activated prior, won't activate now.: I upgraded MBD CPU and RAM.Windows was activated prior, I checked and double checked to have right email.I reinstalled on a new hard drive and now I can't get it to activate.I used the troubleshooter as instructed and chose the computer I had activated prior and said I was...
  5. how to preview an update prior to installing?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to preview an update prior to installing?: I would prefer to know what a new update contains before allowing it to be installed to prevent unneeded or unwanted additions to my Pc, if possible. How can I view the new update that is showing as ready on Updates/Security Settings page before it is downloaded and...
  6. Data to backup prior to feature update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data to backup prior to feature update?: Alright so, I'm actually pretty tech savvy. Yet I am unfamiliar with enough to know the answer to this... Essentially, I want to back everything up as I'm currently on 1709 (Educational, so support ended in October) and am getting ready for the 20H2 update. Now, my laptop, as...
  7. Prior emails

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prior emails: Whenever, I perform a search for older email, the email is found, but once I click on the email to view it, it disappears. To elaborate further, if I search a keyword I might get 20 results, but as soon as I click on one of the results, each email disappears one by one from...
  8. System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    System Cleanup Prior to Windows 10 Anniversay Update: Hi All Recently did a Clean Windows 10 Install, Including a system image of the system after the clean install, Thinking may do one more clean up prior to Anniversary update then just update to it, and all is good Avast is used for Antivirus protection right now,...
  9. System Tunup Prior to Fall Creators Update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Tunup Prior to Fall Creators Update: Hi All System Tuneup prior to Fall Creators update, then again I may just do a clean install, not sure yet Windows 10 Pro x64 15063.540 AMD FX 8310 8 Core Radeon R7 240 video card Avast Free Antivirus Malwarebytes3 Mainly want the best performance and system...
  10. Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates prior to windows 10 update failed!!: Security Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3074683) - Fails to install!!! In deed I have windows 7 home premium and need to update to windows 10 home but the above update failed and I could not update to windows 10 home. Please what to do in this specific...