Windows 10: Windows was reinstalled, since that Readyboost isn’t working

Discus and support Windows was reinstalled, since that Readyboost isn’t working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I use an old slow computer, it is Dell 11 and an eMMC drive that is also very slow. To help with this problem I used Readyboost. But then I reinstalled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Karen Daviss, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Windows was reinstalled, since that Readyboost isn’t working

I use an old slow computer, it is Dell 11 and an eMMC drive that is also very slow. To help with this problem I used Readyboost. But then I reinstalled Windows and the system won’t allow Readyboost saying than the computer is fast enough. But nothing has changed, I still have an old slow machine. Can I make Windows enable it?

:)

Karen Daviss, Feb 11, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Regarding Windows ReadyBoost

readyboost is a step between memory and page file, that can help prevent slowdown when windows accesses the HDD.

ruski missed a key point to readyboost - its not about MB/s throughput, its about lowered access times for those small files that are constantly being accessed

Mussels, Feb 11, 2019
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Windows was reinstalled, since that Readyboost isn’t working

readyboost doesnt work in windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you with the issue, please answer these questions:

• What action are you trying to do when using ReadyBoost?
    • What apps are affected with this issue?
    • Are there any error codes showing on your end?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows was reinstalled, since that Readyboost isn’t working

1. Windows was reinstalled, since that Readyboost isn’t working - Similar Threads - was reinstalled since

2. Readyboost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Readyboost: HiTrying to turn a usb harddrive into RAM extension for my asus laptop. I folllow the instruction on the web but after formatting the stick, the readyboost tab is no where to be seen. I don't get any prompt from the machine stating readyboost can or can't be used. Does this...
  3. Readyboost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Readyboost: HiTrying to turn a usb harddrive into RAM extension for my asus laptop. I folllow the instruction on the web but after formatting the stick, the readyboost tab is no where to be seen. I don't get any prompt from the machine stating readyboost can or can't be used. Does this...
  4. does readyboost work on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does readyboost work on windows 11?: does readyboost work on windows 11?it advance thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-readyboost-work-on-windows-11/f45a5c6e-b016-4e11-b3b1-5e97155c3865
  5. does readyboost work on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does readyboost work on windows 11?: does readyboost work on windows 11?it advance thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-readyboost-work-on-windows-11/f45a5c6e-b016-4e11-b3b1-5e97155c3865
  6. Windows download isn’t working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows download isn’t working: [IMG]I have no idea what this is or how to fix it please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-download-isnt-working/e3673012-702c-49c2-ad4d-56471ca105d3
  7. Keyboard isn’t working in windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard isn’t working in windows: So i was switching between one game to another and my pc crashed then when i booted it back up my keyboard wasnt working so i looked up stuff and tried all i think i could with what they told me and i went in to the device manager went to properties and it tells me i have a...
  8. readyboost?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    readyboost?: While cleaning some old sd cards I found ReadyBoost is still available in the properties of some cards. I haven't really used it since upgrading to 10, except on a 32 bit netbook (2 gig memory) , Does it still give any performance increase in Win 10? Does anyone still use it?...
  9. Readyboost not available after reinstalling Windows

Readyboost not available after reinstalling Windows: I have a little Dell 11 with an eMMC drive for the primary hard drive. It is 32GB, and frankly, slow. For some time, I was using a MicroSD card and readyboost to help out a bit. And it worked well enough. Then I had to reinstall Windows. And now Windows is telling me that...
  10. ReadyBoost

ReadyBoost: I have two windows 10 machines, changed over from mint Linux after a brief moment of thriftiness, anyway I'm trying to get them to be more stable, less prone to poor performance etc. anyway I found out about Ready boost, I've got two drives dedicated to ReadyBoost, but I...