Windows 10: Windows was unable to complete the format

Discus and support Windows was unable to complete the format in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have iBall M500 laptop (32 GB Internal support and 4 GB ram), in which I want to insert a 240GB SSD WD drive (SATA). When I Initialize SSD,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FaisalAhmad4, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Windows was unable to complete the format

Hello,

I have iBall M500 laptop (32 GB Internal support and 4 GB ram), in which I want to insert a 240GB SSD WD drive (SATA). When I Initialize SSD, popup window appear "The Format did not complete successfully" and became RAW. Now I can't format it.

Windows was unable to complete the format b0d903cf-5373-4e56-848c-6b1fbb8af47f?upload=true.png

:)

FaisalAhmad4, Nov 2, 2019

2. Windows was unable to complete format

Hello Gypsy,

If you're unable to format your SD card from File Explorer, I recommend using the
    Disk Management tool. Please make sure that you're signed in as administrator before following these steps:

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Select Computer Management.
    3. Go to Storage > Disk Management.
    4. Right-click your SD card and select Format.
    5. Enter the Volume label, set the File
      system, and select the check box for Perform a quick format before clicking
      OK.
    6. Click OK again to complete.

Let me know how it goes.

Devlin Sco, Nov 2, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows was unable to complete the format :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 2, 2019
  4. Nikilet Win User

Windows was unable to complete the format

Windows unable to complete format

First of all, the drive on my laptop is DVD RW drive. I can use a CD RW disk in it, can't I?

I put a new CD RW disk in and a window popped up asking me if I wanted to format and giving me two options. I didn't think I had to format a new disk. Anyway, I chose the option that allows me to add/delete and make changes to the disk. That confused me because I thought I was supposed to be able to do that anyway with a CD RW. At the end, it said Windows was unable to complete the format. So then I erased the disk and I right clicked on it and selected format again. Again, unable to complete.

In Disk Management it shows as 577 MB RAW. I know this has to be NFTS, but how do I convert it.

To be honest I'm so totally lost. I thought this CD was ready to use and here I am running into all these problem. *Sad

Nikilet, Nov 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows was unable to complete the format

1. Windows was unable to complete the format - Similar Threads - was unable complete

2. Windows was unable to complete the format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows was unable to complete the format: Hi,I'm having a problem with formatting DVD + RW discs, using an external LG slim portable DVD writer.It's connected to my PC using Windows 11 Pro.The problem started yesterday after I burned some videos using the Freemake video converter.I put a Packard Bell RW disc into the...
  3. Windows was unable to complete the format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows was unable to complete the format: Hi,I'm having a problem with formatting DVD + RW discs, using an external LG slim portable DVD writer.It's connected to my PC using Windows 11 Pro.The problem started yesterday after I burned some videos using the Freemake video converter.I put a Packard Bell RW disc into the...
  4. [unsolve] Windows unable to complete the format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [unsolve] Windows unable to complete the format: since, i try to format my external drive because of MS technician suggest me to format itI passed around 5 techinician of MS and no one can help me.After i re-install windows 11 and cleaning my computer i still cannot format my external drive.i try so many way and let MS...
  5. [unsolve] Windows unable to complete the format

[unsolve] Windows unable to complete the format: since, i try to format my external drive because of MS technician suggest me to format itI passed around 5 techinician of MS and no one can help me.After i re-install windows 11 and cleaning my computer i still cannot format my external drive.i try so many way and let MS...
  6. Windows unable to complete the format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows unable to complete the format: since, i try to format my external drive because of MS technician suggest me to format itI passed around 5 techinician of MS and no one can help me.After i re-install windows 11 and cleaning my computer i still cannot format my external drive.i try so many way and let MS...
  7. Windows unable to complete the format

Windows unable to complete the format: since, i try to format my external drive because of MS technician suggest me to format itI passed around 5 techinician of MS and no one can help me.After i re-install windows 11 and cleaning my computer i still cannot format my external drive.i try so many way and let MS...
  8. Windows was unable to complete the format.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows was unable to complete the format.: I have a Dell Inspiron 24 5459 All In One Computer. Anytime I try to use the disc drive (DVD RW Drive E) it requires me to format a CD or DVD before I can copy anything to it. It will not let me format either of the discs. I have a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N on my Dell...
  9. Windows was unable to complete the format

Windows was unable to complete the format: Hi, I have a "Windows 10 pro" on a "Lenovo ideapad 310" I am trying to format a DVD that I am using for the first time but I keep getting the message "Windows was unable to complete the format" and I've used several DVDs and I keep getting the same message. Any help?...
  10. Windows unable to complete format

Windows unable to complete format: First of all, the drive on my laptop is DVD RW drive. I can use a CD RW disk in it, can't I? I put a new CD RW disk in and a window popped up asking me if I wanted to format and giving me two options. I didn't think I had to format a new disk. Anyway, I chose the option...