Windows 10: windows was unable to open service control manager database

Discus and support windows was unable to open service control manager database in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried connecting to a remote server and got access denied. That's ok. But now if I go to start services.msc it tries to connect to that remote server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cupboy1, Sep 26, 2019.

1. cupboy1 Win User

windows was unable to open service control manager database

I tried connecting to a remote server and got access denied. That's ok. But now if I go to start services.msc it tries to connect to that remote server and does not give me the option to connect to the server that I am on. How do I reset this? Couldn't find anything in the registry but it must be in there somewhere.

:)

cupboy1, Sep 26, 2019

2. Unable to Connect to Logical Disk Manager Service Error in Computer Management

WELL, I'll be an "S.O.B."! I got it... lol, just now!

Apparently, & I am going to record this & BOOKMARK/FAV it in my webbrowsers as "HOW TO FIX LOGICAL DISK MANAGER HASSLES" (lol), it is SOMETHING in my services!

You need THIS list of them running (provided you have them online that is, some OS won't have SOME of these (this is Windows Server 2003) & some are 3rd party & won't matter):

windows was unable to open service control manager database SERVICESNEEDEDFORLOGICALDISKMGT2SERVICES.jpg

* NO SAFE MODE REQUIRED - THIS FIXED IT, PURELY SERVICES RELATED... oddly, no "dependencies" other than the ones the services need (RPC & Plug n Play) are listed in the 2 services for Logical Disk Management... it's like MS missed (somehow) the fact that there IS other dependencies on other services than what they list!

That list above is PROBABLY "overkill" & it is only a fraction of that list above, but the point is there... with ALL of those active? Logical Disk Manager "gets its act together" again & works!

APK

P.S.=> BRB, with screenshot of services & their startup status needed for this to work, in case anyone else hits this... it is a real you-know-what if you can't get to a disk to format it, lol... so, recording it for everyone's sake! apk

Alec§taar, Sep 26, 2019
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, Sep 26, 2019
  4. RonForbes Win User

Windows 10 - Control panel and OneDrive not opening

I am unable to open OneDrive and the Control Panel on Windows 10 App list. This started only a couple of weeks ago. Any suggestions?

RonForbes, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. windows was unable to open service control manager database - Similar Threads - was unable open

2. Service Control Manager 7001

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Service Control Manager 7001: Служба RasMan являеться зависимой от службы SstpSvc которую не удалось запустить из за ошибки Операция успешно завершена - <System><Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /><EventID...
  3. Service Control Manager 7001

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Control Manager 7001: Служба RasMan являеться зависимой от службы SstpSvc которую не удалось запустить из за ошибки Операция успешно завершена - <System><Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" /><EventID...
  4. Service Control Manager 7001

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Service Control manager 4007

Service Control manager 4007: PC: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP Aorus Z490 Pro Ax Rtx Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC ( stock ) Seasonic Tx-850 Prime Titanium Windows 10 up to date newest drivers Hey guys again. ). I have a question. I left for 2 hours Quake 2 with RTX settings on 1440P. No...
  6. Service Control manager 4007

Service Control manager 4007: PC: 108500K stock 4800mhz 2x16GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000 XMP Aorus Z490 Pro Ax Rtx Gigabyte 3090 Gaming OC stock Seasonic Tx-850 Prime Titanium Windows 10 up to date newest drivers Hey guys again. . I have a question. I left for 2 hours Quake 2 with RTX settings on 1440P. No...
  7. Service Control Manager

Service Control Manager: Since I updated from 1803 to 1909 which took me until this week to finally get it updated because auto update failed all the time, now I get - A timeout was reached 60000 milliseconds while waiting for the IntelR SUR QC Software Asset Manager service to connect. I've...
  8. Unable to connect to database.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to connect to database.: Window for backup file location not showing in SQL Server Management Studio. Even when I type in file location it does not access the .bak file. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-database/e93ad03c-ee6d-498f-9b2c-116e875093ab
  9. Unable to open database in shared network folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to open database in shared network folder: Hello again! I thought you'd be the guys who might be able to help me (as you're all geniuses!) You see, my works computer setup is only 3 PCs (One running W7 and two on W10) We have a sharing network folder (if that is the correct terminology to use) which houses our clients...
  10. Access database error "Unable to open connection to database" in Windows 10 only

Access database error "Unable to open connection to database" in Windows 10 only: I have a Visual Studio application that was custom written many years ago for me. It uses the Microsoft Access database (.mdb). In all previous version of Windows (XP to 7) it functions perfectly, In Windows 10 I get an error message "Unable to open connection to database"....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows was unable to open service control manager

2. windows 10 unable to open service control manager database error 1722

3. windows was unable to open service control manager database

4. windows was unable to open service manager database,
  5. as unable to open service control manager,
  6. windows unable to open service control manager database,
  7. windows was unable to pen services control manager,
  8. windows was unable to open service manager,
  9. Failed to open the Windows service manager perhaps you forgot to log in as Adminstrator?Now we Start Apache2.4 :)The service name is invalid.