Windows 10: windows webcam not working error code, not showing in device manager

Discus and support windows webcam not working error code, not showing in device manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically as you may have guessed from the subject i cannot use my webcam, there is an error message which is 0xA00F4244<NocamerasAreAttached> i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arg19, Aug 9, 2019.

1. arg19 Win User

windows webcam not working error code, not showing in device manager

Basically as you may have guessed from the subject i cannot use my webcam, there is an error message which is

0xA00F4244<NocamerasAreAttached>

i have googled many different forums how to resolve this, i have tried resetting the settings nothing changed, i have tried locating this in the device manager to change the properties and it is not coming up in the device manager.

Any help with what to do would be appreciated.

My laptop doesnt have an actual make of what i am aware e.g HP, Acer, Apple.

Its a gaming laptop and was made for me so no idea if i need to download something from somewhere.

Thank you in advance for any response

:)

arg19, Aug 9, 2019
  2. AndreePin Win User

Imaging Devices missing in Device Manager and Webcam doesn't working

Hi,

Since you mentioned that the said driver is missing in Device Manager, what we suggest is for you to check in the Hidden Devices section on Device Manager. Kindly follow the steps below:

• On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.
    • Click on View and select
      Show Hidden Devices.
    • Check for the webcam under Imaging Devices.
    • If the webcam is listed, then right-click on it and select
      Update Driver Software
    • Select Browse My Computer for Driver Software and follow the prompted steps.
    Please post back with the result for further assistance

AndreePin, Aug 9, 2019
  3. USB Webcam showing as Hidden in Device Manager

Hi,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the webcam drivers with Windows 10 OS installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, what are the methods tried to resolve the above issue?

If haven’t tried, uninstall and reinstall the webcam drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Connect the webcam to the PC, press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.
    • Expand and locate the webcam drivers, right click and select Uninstall from the context menu. Remove the camera device.
    • Restart the computer and check if the drivers install automatically on connecting the device to the computer.
    • Open Camera app and check if the issue is resolved.
    • If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible webcam drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to Windows can’t find or start the camera article and check if it
    helps:

Write to us with the methods tried to resolve the issue and the status of webcam showing the error message and the device drivers hidden in Device manager on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us
    to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Aug 9, 2019
  4. windows webcam not working error code, not showing in device manager

Webcam not showing in Device Manager (Sony Vaio SZ360P)

Hey guys,

I recently reinstalled Win7 and the webcam on my Sony VGN-SZ360P is not showing the webcam in device manager. As a result I can't even start to deal with drivers.
    The problem is I never used it before so am not sure whether it used to work or not. I'd really like to get this figured out so I don't have to purchase a webcam.

Thanks!

nflesher87, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

windows webcam not working error code, not showing in device manager

1. windows webcam not working error code, not showing in device manager - Similar Threads - webcam working error

2. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  3. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam in Device Manager: Just wondering why, the Device Manager shows the webcam on my Gateway laptop as a USB camera. It is not a webcam you connect thru a USB port it is the type most laptops come with as part of the display. It does work but not like you would expect it to. Would this be typical...
  4. Webcam in Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  6. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Integrated webcam does not show in device manager: Downloaded driver Lenovo ThinkPad e530c w 10 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/integrated-webcam-does-not-show-in-device-manager/90712969-1ca5-4409-88ae-5d545122de20
  7. Integrated webcam does not show in device manager

8. Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager

Webcam Doesn't Show In Device Manager: Hello, I was in a google meet when my webcam completely shut down and stopped working. I have an integrated webcam and have already looked at a fair amount of the similar threads to this to try and solve the issue but nothing has worked so far. I have a Samsung Notebook 5 and...
  9. No webcam in device manager

No webcam in device manager: Imaging devices are not in Device Manager, There is no Webcam listed, Windows 10 isn't showing the webcam, The manufacturer used the Windows default driver so there are no legacy drivers to download. For some reason I can't even select a webcam in the install legacy device...
  10. Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.

Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.: I have an HP model 15-bs289wm. I tried accessing the integrated webcam for work and when I use the Microsoft camera app I get a message that says "We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it is connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus...