Windows 10: Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

Discus and support Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As I was cleaning my Laptop (Acer Aspire ES 14) I thought that uninstalling programs that i never use would boost the system and save some space. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Justanothernormie57, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

As I was cleaning my Laptop (Acer Aspire ES 14) I thought that uninstalling programs that i never use would boost the system and save some space. So I uninstalled some of them and there was no problem untill I tried uninstalling HP Shop For Supplies Program that came with the package for my printer at home. I don't actually need it so I just simply click UNINSTALL. Then it told me to restart my Laptop so the Uninstallation would take effect and yes I did. Then after the shutdown, Recovery mode went up saying at the boot load "Please wait" then it asks for "Choose your keyboard layout. Then I have two options on a blue screen.

- Troubleshoot

-Turn off your PC

NONE OF THE OPTIONS WORK

I tried the cmd with tutorial commands online and no luck.

I tried to restore the previous versions, nope only errors.

Start up repair doesn't work either.

I updated my windows 10 version last 3 days and i dunno the version right now but I'm sure it's the latest.

Before the problem occured

I recently had two blue screen of death incidents within the week but i managed to deal with it.

While I am uninstalling the HP Shop For Supplies Program my 1TB Hard drive was intact and I forgot to remove it before I hit "Finish and Restart" at the Uninstall prompt. After the shutdown, the Acer logo appeared then a message: "Please Wait" then enters recovery mode with limited options that doesn't work.

Please help me fix this it would really help.

:)

Justanothernormie57, Jun 24, 2019

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 24, 2019
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program :confused:

oli_ramsay, Jun 24, 2019
  4. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

Windows 10: unable to uninstall programs

Hi Davy,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

I suggest you to uninstall Java 8 in the Programs and Features from the safe mode.

Please refer the below link to start the computer in Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to uninstall Java 8:

• Right click on Start button and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • In the Programs and Features you can find the Java 8 programs.
    • Right click on it and click on Uninstall.
    Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Windows 10 help & how-to

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/support

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jun 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program

1. Windows Went Recovery mode after uninstalling a program - Similar Threads - Went Recovery mode

2. Windows went back to S mode after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows went back to S mode after update: Windows 11 went back to S mode after the update and won’t let me get out of it like I did before by going through the Microsoft store. I’m ready to return the computer to the store I just bought it from if I can’t find a way to remove S mode permanently. Please help Thank...
  3. Windows went back to S mode after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows went back to S mode after update: Windows 11 went back to S mode after the update and won’t let me get out of it like I did before by going through the Microsoft store. I’m ready to return the computer to the store I just bought it from if I can’t find a way to remove S mode permanently. Please help Thank...
  4. After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode: Dear Microsoft,I desperately need your assistance. I installed normal Windows updates today and when my PC restarted it asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I have no idea why this has come up as I have never set up BitLocker. I tried to follow the steps and obtain the the key...
  5. After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Update, my Surface went into Bitlocker Recovery Mode: Dear Microsoft,I desperately need your assistance. I installed normal Windows updates today and when my PC restarted it asked for a BitLocker recovery key. I have no idea why this has come up as I have never set up BitLocker. I tried to follow the steps and obtain the the key...
  6. Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Accidentally uninstalled latest quality update on the recovery mode: I did installed May quality update 2 weeks ago (May 12, 2021). Just now, after I did accidentally uninstalled latest quality on the recovery mode, when i check for updates, why there is no May quality update? I am using Windows 10 version 1809 Enterprise LTSC 179855
  7. 'Location not available' after uninstalling program.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    'Location not available' after uninstalling program.: I am having difficulty installing a program. On uninstall I get file explorer with 2 identical error messages stating the start menu folder is not available... ? This is a brand new Windows 10 pro installation on a new SSD and this is maybe the 5th program I've installed....
  8. Program Giving Error After Uninstalling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program Giving Error After Uninstalling: [ATTACH] I recently installed this GomPlayerPlus to play some of my files but after realizing that I didn't liked it, I deleted it but now i am getting this error whenever i 'Open As' a video file. Please somebody help me in fixing this issue....
  9. Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode Grayed Out after Laptop went into Sleep Mode: Running a Dell Laptop with Windows10. Airplane mode was off and wi-fi connected and working. The laptop screen was closed putting the laptop into sleep mode. When I opened up, entered my password, the laptop came back up and the airplane mode was on. I cannot turn airplane...
  10. How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10: How to: How to Install and Uninstall Programs in Safe Mode in Windows 10 Often there are factors that can affect your program installation such as security software, anti spyware software, programs that load on start up, or services that start up with other applications. In...