Windows 10: Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

Discus and support Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi just a quick question but its hard to explain when i push the windows button on my pc it opens the start menu but the curser just goes straight to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Austinback1, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

Hi just a quick question but its hard to explain

when i push the windows button on my pc it opens the start menu but the curser just goes straight to the top so trying to turn the pc off is imposible as it wont go to this button

also when trying to select speak or headphones it does the saany ideas

:)

Austinback1, Feb 10, 2021

2. Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

I use an acer Aspire, running windows 10 since 2015, never had any issues.

About 8 to 10 weeks ago I needed to press the space bar to boot up or the computer does not get past the acer opening screen.

This fault is random but does occur about 90% of the time when I boot up.

This has also lead to the cursor going to the bottom of the screen, eg stuck on the short cut which is the lowest on the home screen. This can be cured by pressing the space bar.

This is only a temporary fix. The same thing happens with web pages, the cursor goes to the bottom of the page, not the bottom of the visible page on the screen but the bottom of the page. Using mouse or touchpad to get cursor back to the top does not work.
    Pressing the space bar stops the cursor trying to keep going down the page and allows the mouse and touchpad move cursor to top of the page. This is only a temporary fix as a few minutes later it the cursor will start going down the page again, this will happen
    even if the laptop has not been touched and even if the screen saver has come on.

I have turned off the touchpad - no effect

I have reinstalled the touchpad - no effect.

Is the a cure as keep pressing the space bar is not really an open, is it a software ( win 10 ) or hardware ( acer ) issue >

StephenRowell1, Feb 10, 2021
  3. KMF73 Win User
    Cursor goes offscreen top and right.

Hi-- In Windows 10, my cursor goes off the screen at the bottom and right, but OK left and top. This also affects contents of print screen. There was a recent auto-update. Thanks!

KMF73, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page

1. Windows when open the cursor goes to the top of page - Similar Threads - open cursor goes

2. Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...: Whenever I touch the left side of the screen with my cursor all open windows become inactive and the cursor snaps to the middle of the top of my screen. Moving to the right again causes it to move out from the left again. This causes issues because it always accidentally...
  3. Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor moves to top middle of my screen and makes open windows inactive when it touches...: Whenever I touch the left side of the screen with my cursor all open windows become inactive and the cursor snaps to the middle of the top of my screen. Moving to the right again causes it to move out from the left again. This causes issues because it always accidentally...
  4. Quick Access default open list to top of page?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick Access default open list to top of page?: When I open File Explorer, I would like the left panel to open up with the Quick Access list of my folders from the very top, and also have the right panel open up to "This PC". (Currently I have the Navigation Pane default set to open to "This PC", but unfortunately since I...
  5. tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.: How do I turn off the feature that shows text of what my cursor is over. When I use the mouse to go from one item on a page to another my computer automatically goes to site or email that my cursor runs over. It seems extremely sensetive to touch....
  6. tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tEXT appears when cursor goes over it.: How do I turn off the feature that shows text of what my cursor is over. When I use the mouse to go from one item on a page to another my computer automatically goes to site or email that my cursor runs over. It seems extremely sensetive to touch....
  7. Cursor goes offscreen top and right.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor goes offscreen top and right.: Hi-- In Windows 10, my cursor goes off the screen at the bottom and right, but OK left and top. This also affects contents of print screen. There was a recent auto-update. Thanks!...
  8. Tabbed pages on top.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tabbed pages on top.: I have pages on top of my screen and do not know where the tab button is o turn that feature off. It is very annoying when it happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-pages-on-top/63845b32-ea82-4e30-8ea5-3e25c40a2a38
  9. Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor goes to bottom of page or screen: I use an acer Aspire, running windows 10 since 2015, never had any issues. About 8 to 10 weeks ago I needed to press the space bar to boot up or the computer does not get past the acer opening screen. This fault is random but does occur about 90% of the time when I boot...
  10. Top of Edge Page

in Browsers and Email
    Top of Edge Page: How do I get these items to show at the top of the page in Edge as they do in all other Windows IE? File Edit View Favorites Tools Help 59885