Windows 10: windows white mouse cursor is showing in some games

Discus and support windows white mouse cursor is showing in some games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; the windows white mouse cursor is not going away when i launch some old games like final fantasy 8 and 9, full throttle remastered, day of the tentacle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by cns00, Jan 12, 2020.

1. cns00 Win User

windows white mouse cursor is showing in some games

the windows white mouse cursor is not going away when i launch some old games like final fantasy 8 and 9, full throttle remastered, day of the tentacle remastered and world of final fantasy. i have to move the mouse to a corner to hide it. in other games the cursor is getting hidden when i launch the game. why is this happening in some games and in others no?

is that because those old games are launched in borderless window mode instead of in full screen mode and that makes the game launch in the background with the mouse cursor on top of it?

:)

cns00, Jan 12, 2020
  2. cns00 Win User

the windows white mouse cursor is not going away when i launch some old games like final fantasy 8 and 9, full throttle remastered, day of the tentacle remastered and world of final fantasy. i have to move the mouse to a corner to hide it. in other games the cursor is getting hidden when i launch the game. why is this happening in some games and in others no?

is that because those old games are launched in borderless window mode instead of in full screen mode and that makes the game launch in the background with the mouse cursor on top of it?

cns00, Jan 12, 2020
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    Keeping mouse cursor inside a Windowed game?

I'm wondering if there is any method to keeping the mouse cursor within a windowed game, lets take Starcraft 2 for example. I only have one screen and like to play games in windowed mode so I can watch shows/movies right next to it. In a game like SC2, moving the mouse to the border of the screen to move the camera is troublesome in windowed mode. It'd probably make more sense to post this on the SC2 forum, but I can't because my forum account was banned (Inappropriate name if you're curious). So might anyone have any ideas?

OrbitzXT, Jan 12, 2020
  4. donblunt Win User

Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help.
    Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem.
    Let me introduce you to my issue.
    I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer.
    Starting with, the computer with the issue is an HP ProDesk 400 G3 with Windows 10 Pro.
    Additionally i have to mention that i cannot connect remotely, neither have physical access to computer, computer is offline though no Updates are installed.
    Below i'll mention all the steps that have been followed.
    - Windows key + P , for the Project menu. All options tried, with no result.
    - Tried to enter Safe Mode with same outcome. On Login screen only white mouse cursor appearing.
    - Tried Automatic repair with unsuccessful outcome.
    - Tried to System Restore. No restore points available.
    - Blind login first by pressing Space, CTRL and entering password. Unsuccessful result, white cursor showing.
    - Run Command prompt, the sfc scan command. Awaiting results from vessel.

I really need your experience and help on this.
    Your prompt replies are highly appreciated.

donblunt, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

1. windows white mouse cursor is showing in some games - Similar Threads - white mouse cursor

2. Mouse cursor isn't showing on my desktop ROCCAT NYTH Gaming mouse Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor isn't showing on my desktop ROCCAT NYTH Gaming mouse Windows 11: Hello,I've had this issue in the past where my mouse cursor isn't visible on the desktop, but my left and right click still worked, but I couldn't actually move the cursor, it just stayed in one spot, but I was able to resolve it by restarting the PC. This time I've tried...
  3. Mouse cursor isn't showing on my desktop ROCCAT NYTH Gaming mouse Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse cursor isn't showing on my desktop ROCCAT NYTH Gaming mouse Windows 11: Hello,I've had this issue in the past where my mouse cursor isn't visible on the desktop, but my left and right click still worked, but I couldn't actually move the cursor, it just stayed in one spot, but I was able to resolve it by restarting the PC. This time I've tried...
  4. Using windows default mouse cursor on/in a game.

Using windows default mouse cursor on/in a game.: How to make the windows default mouse cursor visible on top of game's native cursor? The game itself has no option for changing/tweaking the cursor....
  5. The game shows a white screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The game shows a white screen: I have downloaded a file on Chrome but when I unzip it to play the game, it shows a white screen, I suspect that my computer's graphics are not enough to run the game, I need help...
  6. The game shows a white screen

The game shows a white screen: I have downloaded a file on Chrome but when I unzip it to play the game, it shows a white screen, I suspect that my computer's graphics are not enough to run the game, I need help...
  7. Mouse cursor not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor not showing: My mouse is not showing after I rest my computer I have a screen that says “a configuration change was requested to clear this computers tpm” so on and so on, how can I fix this?...
  8. Mouse Cursor Color Only Black and White?

Mouse Cursor Color Only Black and White?: Hi There, I am trying to change the color of my mouse as I am a teacher and want something that my students can easily see during online learning. I am looking at the ease of access page in settings and I only see white, inverted, and black as options. However, in many...
  9. Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Cursor Not Showing at Startup: Hello all, Banging my head hard on this one. I think my issue is a little different though to the "usual" missing mouse cursor problem. I have laptop that I am upgrading from win 7 to win 10, everything works after the full wipe/reinstall and the win 10 installation pulled...
  10. Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop PC - Black Screen White mouse cursor: Hello from a new guy on your forums who lacks advice and help. Probably you have heard it before here, as it's a common problem. Let me introduce you to my issue. I'm an IT within a shipping company, and i face the mentioned issue with an onboard computer. Starting with, the...