Windows 10: Windows Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Discus and support Windows Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lets see if we can start your DNS Client Open a command prompt as administrator And type or paste this into it Code: net start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shay, Apr 26, 2016.

1. sml156 Win User

Windows Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Lets see if we can start your DNS Client

Open a command prompt as administrator

And type or paste this into it
    Code: net start Dnscache[/quote] I'm not sure what to do if this does not work, Maybe reboot the computer, Or even turn all the computers off and shut down the router for a minute then restart the router and then restart the computer.

sml156, Apr 26, 2016
  2. shay Win User

It said the service name is invalid. I tried rebooting as well but still same problems. Thanks for your help though, let me know if you have any more suggestion. Otherwise hopefully someone else can solve this.

3. sml156 Win User
    One last try, Lets see if DHCP client is running

Press the Windows Key + R and type or paste the code below into the run box
    Code: services.msc[/quote]
    Windows Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration [​IMG]

Edit: Also check if these are running

• COM+ Event System
    • Computer Browser
    • DHCP Client
    • Network Connections
    • Network Location Awareness
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
    • Server
    • TCP/IP Netbios helper
    • WLAN AutoConfig
    • Workstation

sml156, Apr 26, 2016
  4. MrWhoopee Win User

I note that your Wifi network shows as secured. Have you been able to enter the password? If not, try disabling Wifi security in the router config and see if you get internet. In addition, I have seen situations where it was necessary to disable ipv6 for the adapter.

"I don't understand all I know about this stuff." ... A.F. Sauls

MrWhoopee, Apr 26, 2016
  5. shay Win User
    sml156 Here are the service statuses:

• COM+ Event System = Running
    • Computer Browser = Running
    • DHCP Client = Running
    • Network Connections = Running
    • Network Location Awareness = Running
    • Remote Procedure Call (RPC) = Running
    • Server = Running
    • TCP/IP Netbios helper = (Nothing Displayed)
    • WLAN AutoConfig = Running
    • Workstation = Running

MrWhoopee:
    I have been able to enter the password and also disabled IPV6 but still no connection

6. sml156 Win User
    Don't Disable IPv6 your going to need it one day, Windows usually uses IPv6 to communicate with other computers on your net work and also many ISP's are enabling IPv6 since IPv4 addresses are running out.

I have a few more commands you can try from an administrator command prompt

Code: netsh interface ip delete arpcache[/quote] Reboot see if that works

If not try this
    Code: netsh winsock reset[/quote]

sml156, Apr 27, 2016
  7. shay Win User
    No luck with:
    Code: netsh interface ip delete arpcache[/quote] And
    Code: netsh winsock reset[/quote] Returned the system cannot find the file specified

8. sml156 Win User

At this point I would open up Device Manager and see if you can roll back the Driver.
    To open Device manager press the Windows key + R and type or paste the code below into it.
    Code: devmgmt.msc[/quote]
    Windows Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration [​IMG]

If it's greyed out like mine is above I would uninstall it. But first I would go to your manufactures web site and download the drivers for it.

sml156, Apr 27, 2016
  9. shay Win User
    It was greyed out so reinstalled still the same problem: No Internet, secured

10. sml156 Win User
    I would check the forums of the manufacturer and see if anyone else is having problems with that WiFi card with Windows 10. Other than that I'm stumped

sml156, Apr 27, 2016
  11. jwblue Win User
    I just spent an hour trying to fix this problem. I then just did a system restore and the problem was resolved.

jwblue, Dec 5, 2016
  12. I have had the same issue, i just tried everything on this feed just about gave up hope, when i came across this and then it worked. So i want to share this with anyone else having an issue with it. I was able to resolve it by going to Control Panel - System - Device Manager - Network adapter - and right click on Qualcomm Atheros wireless Network adapter and click Enable and everything worked again. MUST do it from the Device manager setting.

stella4209, Dec 15, 2016
  13. MrWhoopee Win User

I've had 2 calls for this issue in the last 3 days. Has M$ been "fixing" Windows 10 again? TCP/IP stack reset resolved the problem.

• To open a command prompt, type cmd in the search box
    • At the command prompt, enter the following command, and then press Enter: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt Note If you don't want to specify a directory path for the log file, run the following command instead: ...
    • Restart the computer.
    hth

MrWhoopee, Dec 15, 2016
  14. robmar0se Win User
    Last week Microsoft issued a cumulative update version 1607 which messed up the DHCP settings resulting in this error. They issued a patch to correct this error yesterday.

So far I have fixed 8 PCs with this issue (and live in a village of only 5000 people!!)

I have tried various suggested fixes but the one that I found that worked was as follows:

Device manager: uninstall the affected network driver (but don't remove the driver software).

Go into the Command Prompt (with admin rights) and type:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
    netsh winsock reset

Close the command prompt and restart the PC; restarting should automatically re-install the network driver, but on one occasion I had to ask the device manager to check for new hardware and re-install, depends on yr system settings). I sometimes have to do this twice, I'm not sure but perhaps there is a delay before the system resets itself and acquires a new IP address from yr router.

If using wifi, you will need to re-enter yr wifi key/password.

Hope it helps you

robmar0se, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - doesn't valid configuration

2. What is the permanent solution to: "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the permanent solution to: "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"?: Hi,I've been struggling with this problem on and off for a few months. It happened again yesterday, and now none of the quick fixes off of the internet will work. I've tried restarting my laptop and the router. I've done the ipconfig thing which worked in the past. I've tried...
  3. What is the permanent solution to: "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the permanent solution to: "Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration"?: Hi,I've been struggling with this problem on and off for a few months. It happened again yesterday, and now none of the quick fixes off of the internet will work. I've tried restarting my laptop and the router. I've done the ipconfig thing which worked in the past. I've tried...
  4. wi-fi and ethernet connections to it doesn't have a valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wi-fi and ethernet connections to it doesn't have a valid IP configuration: This is a new hp computer that connected fine until I took it to another location and it was connected to a different router. Now I can very occasionally get connected but it doesn't last....
  5. "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

"Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hi all. I'm having problems connecting to my wi-fi. Everything worked fine before I installed Windows updates KB4493464 and KB4493478 (Windows 10 Version 1803) I'm getting a '"Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration' error. I've tried a different things already: 1)...
  6. Windows 10 Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Windows 10 Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hey boys and girls. If you are getting this error message whenever you try to connect your PC to your home wi-fi or a hotsport or tether to your smartphone, you may encounter this issue. It is a widespread issue which several users get. I found a solution which was posted by...
  7. Wi-Fi doesn't have valid IP configuration

Wi-Fi doesn't have valid IP configuration: All mobile devices are able to connect to the network, except whenever i try to connect a desktop/laptop, i get the status: "unidentified network, no internet access". I have preformed these series of commands in order: netsh winsock reset ipconfig /release ipconfig...
  8. doesn't have a valid IP configuration

doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Unable to get internet connection via LAN or WiFi. All other machines on the network connect fine. Troubleshooter shows: "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration I've tried: 1. Troubleshooter (as above) 2. Reset...
  9. Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Wi-Fi doesn't have a valid IP configuration: So my wifi was working fine up till last night, and this morning it's been showing me limited connection on the wifi. I can still use the wifi on my phone, ipad, and my other computer (that im using now). Running the troubleshoot shows "Wi-Fi" doesnt have a valid IP...
  10. Doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello all. I've been having the above issue at different times and it is getting a bit irritating to restart the modem(router). How can I permanently fix it so that my internet can be online 24/7 without me having resetting the box? And how come it says that I have...