Windows 10: Windows WiFi settings crashing.

Discus and support Windows WiFi settings crashing. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when I connect a WiFi adapter to my PC and try to connect to a network, suddenly WiFi settings starts to lag. Other settings are just working fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DWindz007, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Windows WiFi settings crashing.

So when I connect a WiFi adapter to my PC and try to connect to a network, suddenly WiFi settings starts to lag. Other settings are just working fine but when you press WiFi it gets stuck. After removing the adapter the settings work fine. Also right after removing and plugging again, it works fine and can connect to a network. I tried with two different adapters and both are the same. So I think it is an issue with some windows WiFi settings or drivers. Could someone please help me to solve this?

Thank you.

submitted by /u/DWindz007
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DWindz007, Nov 22, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 22, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Nov 22, 2020
  4. VIC
    Vic Win User

Windows WiFi settings crashing.

Windows 7 virtual wifi authentication mode

Hello.

Just a quick question to whoever is using windows 7 virtual wifi capability - when you type in "netsh wlan show hostednetwork", cmd window displays a list of settings for your hosted virtual wifi.

I was wondering, is there a way to change authentication method from WPA2-Personal to simple WEP ?

Cheers.

Thema:

Windows WiFi settings crashing.

1. Windows WiFi settings crashing. - Similar Threads - WiFi settings crashing

2. No “wifi” in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No “wifi” in settings: Hi, I can’t connect to the internet because there is no such option as “wifi” under “network and internet” settings. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-in-settings/fc36032b-1703-4949-9ad5-d273b58b18d9
  3. No “wifi” in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No “wifi” in settings: Hi, I can’t connect to the internet because there is no such option as “wifi” under “network and internet” settings. Please help. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-wifi-in-settings/fc36032b-1703-4949-9ad5-d273b58b18d9
  4. Wifi crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi crashes: Hello, i recently i found out that my wifi alwais crashes every time i open any games or programs that aren't opera GX, discord or any small apps no games tho. I tryed several times to fix it by folowing the tutorials even for Steam network problems but no luck. I ran out of...
  5. Wifi crashes

Wifi crashes: Hello, i recently i found out that my wifi alwais crashes every time i open any games or programs that aren't opera GX, discord or any small apps no games tho. I tryed several times to fix it by folowing the tutorials even for Steam network problems but no luck. I ran out of...
  6. Windows 10, no wifi, no wifi setting in task bar, network settings menu crashes.

Windows 10, no wifi, no wifi setting in task bar, network settings menu crashes.: Hello, So I turned on my laptop today and found that I can't connect to my wifi network. The wifi option that is usually in the lower right hand corner is gone, and when I try to open the network settings menus it opens for about a quarter of a second and then crashes. By...
  7. Windows 10, no wifi, no wifi setting in task bar, network settings menu crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10, no wifi, no wifi setting in task bar, network settings menu crashes.: Hello, So I turned on my laptop today and found that I can't connect to my wifi network. The wifi option that is usually in the lower right hand corner is gone, and when I try to open the network settings menus it opens for about a quarter of a second and then crashes. By...
  8. Windows 10, no wifi, no wifi setting in task bar, network settings menu crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. wifi settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wifi settings: Installed micosoft edge..NOW unable to get WI FI to work..keeps blocking settings...I have turned on wIFi...and All connections say on and secure....Go to any page....SAYS NO WI FI CONNECTION.....It was working until I switched to edge. PLEASE ADVISE...
  10. Wifi settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi settings: I cannot turn on my wifi and I cannot connect to a network since the wifi settings is missing. I checked the network adapters according to solutions I found online and my wireless adapter is one of the hidden devices. Also, it says there that the hardware device is not...