Windows 10: Windows will log you out in 5 minutes - It's not a question, it's a rant.

Discus and support Windows will log you out in 5 minutes - It's not a question, it's a rant. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have seen Windows do some annoying things over the decades but this one takes the cake. Windows will log you out in 5 minutes. There is no way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by battykoda, Aug 20, 2019.

1. battykoda Win User

Windows will log you out in 5 minutes - It's not a question, it's a rant.

I have seen Windows do some annoying things over the decades but this one takes the cake.

Windows will log you out in 5 minutes. There is no way to postpone it. There is no way to abort it. You have to click OK on the window because it takes over the screen and you cannot access anything until you. It does not check if the computer is in use. It just does it. It restarts and you have to ride it out. There was no update. There was nothing that I could see besides Windows kicking me out and restarting.

This is the worst "feature" you have ever put into Windows. Sure, go ahead and restart while I am working. It's not like my train of thought is important or anything.

:)

battykoda, Aug 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 shuts down after logging in 3 -5 minutes.

Hi Joseph,

In order to help you with your concern about your Windows 10 automatically shutting down after a few minutes, may we request you to answer the following questions first:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer system prior to getting this issue?
    • What is the current Build and Version of your Windows 10 PC? To know these information follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • A small box will appear showing the current Build and
      Version
      of your PC.

• Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly post it here.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Aug 20, 2019
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows will log you out in 5 minutes - It's not a question, it's a rant. - Similar Threads - log minutes question

2. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes.": Hi there. I'm having this problem with my laptop nearly for a year now. After some time of being connected to my wifiabout 1 or 2 month , suddenly I get no more internet connection out of it. It is written "connected+internet access" but i cannot use it even for a simple...
  3. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes.": Hi there. I'm having this problem with my laptop nearly for a year now. After some time of being connected to my wifiabout 1 or 2 month , suddenly I get no more internet connection out of it. It is written "connected+internet access" but i cannot use it even for a simple...
  4. "You are about to be signed out in 5/2 minutes."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet working for 5 minutes then cutting out.: My laptop this week has started to act up, whenever I start my laptop up it works as usual. The internet and everything works fine until about 3-7 minutes later where my internet just goes to nothing. submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments]...
  6. You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    You will be signed out: you will be signed out in less than a minute.: A few days ago a storm shut off our power. Then when I get back on my pc every few minutes it signs me out with the message: You're about to be signed out, windows will restart in less than a minute. Please if anyone can help, please do my email is *** Email address is...
  7. Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen for 5 minutes after log on: Just observed installation of update KB4512508 By Coincidence possibly I am now experiencing a black screen for 5 minutes after signing in My first experience of this I used system restore to go back 2 days and this worked fine. Now the update has installed again and I am...
  8. Windows 10 pro logs me out every 5 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 pro logs me out every 5 minutes: I just bought a new laptop and it will kick me out to login after 5 minutes of inactivity. I have tried everything to stop this that I can find on google. In power plan every single option is set to "never" sleep. In the additional settings I have it set to never turn off...
  9. Enterprise - Windows Update Rant, Issues, Questions

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Enterprise - Windows Update Rant, Issues, Questions: Currently stuck in Windows Update hell. So I originally came to this forum looking for advice because Windows Update just wouldn't install updates for me. I'm using Windows 10 Enterprise. It just kept getting stuck at preparing to install updates at 97%, before giving me an...
  10. Windows 10 logs me out and restarts after 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 logs me out and restarts after 5-10 minutes: So I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, something I was unhappy about. Ever since, my computer restarts and logs me out if I am not actively using a program(I can type or watch a video without this happening, but if my computer is idling it will do this). Is this...