Windows 10: Windows will not accept my Microsoft account

Discus and support Windows will not accept my Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have used this same Microsoft account to set up three other computers, but it will not let me set this one up with it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DBroderson, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Windows will not accept my Microsoft account

I have used this same Microsoft account to set up three other computers, but it will not let me set this one up with it.

:)

DBroderson, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows will not accept my Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Scrizz Win User
    Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

Windows will not accept my Microsoft account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

Windows will not accept my Microsoft account

1. Windows will not accept my Microsoft account - Similar Threads - accept Microsoft account

2. My Microsoft 535 is not accepting my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft 535 is not accepting my Microsoft account: My phone is not accepting my Microsoft accountSoo i can't access the store and other products https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-535-is-not-accepting-my-microsoft/7cad6b0f-a3f1-4d0f-b4ea-54b7909f6d7d
  3. My Microsoft 535 is not accepting my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft 535 is not accepting my Microsoft account: My phone is not accepting my Microsoft accountSoo i can't access the store and other products https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-microsoft-535-is-not-accepting-my-microsoft/7cad6b0f-a3f1-4d0f-b4ea-54b7909f6d7d
  4. Windows 10 not accepting Microsoft Account as Network Credentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not accepting Microsoft Account as Network Credentials: Help, please?I have three computers on my home network, all with Windows 10. They all could access each other's files through the network after entering my Microsoft Account as Network Credentials.I replaced the hard drive in my laptop and installed Windows 10 again. Now it...
  5. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  6. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account password is never accepted: I have a problem with my Microsoft account: The correct password is never recognized. The Windows operating system keeps telling me that there is a problem with my Microsoft Account. When I go to Settings, and click “Fix”, it asks me to log-in to my Microsoft account. When...
  7. Microsoft Account password is never accepted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows 10 suddenly does not accept my Microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 suddenly does not accept my Microsoft account password: Hi there, I have a second laptop that my wife uses. I setup the automatic sign in one year ago so that she does not have to deal with password changes etc. Anyhow, today the computer prompted for a login password for the first time. I tried my current Microsoft account...
  9. Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Account not accepting password/Not syncing: I first got this problem after installing a game from the xbox app, loading it, and then seeing that it can't connect to my xbox account. Since this was strange, I tried logging into my microsoft account from the xbox app itself, which then gave me an error. The most...
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw not accepting Premium account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Jigsaw not accepting Premium account: Since the latest update, my Microsoft Jigsaw won't accept that I have a premium account. I click on the "Want to disable ads" link, and that acknowledges that I have premium, but Jigsaw still doesn't operate as if I do. I have deleted and reinstalled, but no success....