Windows 10: Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting...

Discus and support Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I swapped the motherboard in what used to be a Dell Inspiron 3847, and since windows deactivated and once I click troubleshoot and click I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LucasGonzalez7, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting...

I swapped the motherboard in what used to be a Dell Inspiron 3847, and since windows deactivated and once I click troubleshoot and click I changed hardware on this device recently, but comes up with "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes or try adding your Microsoft account again." This has happened for hours now and I need a fix because something isn't working as intended.

:)

LucasGonzalez7, Jul 18, 2020
  2. VisioWL Win User

Windows 10 not activated after motherboard swap

Hi,

I've ran into interesting problem after swapping out my computer's motherboard. The old motherboard contained a windows 8.1 pro key in the bios and the computer was upgraded to window 10 pro. After I swapped out the motherboard, the old one was fried, and
    put the new one in, I can't activate windows anymore.

The new motherboard contains a new windows 8.1 key but is there a way to activate it? Or do i simply have to reinstall windows 10?

Best regards.

VisioWL, Jul 18, 2020
  3. K_Kang Win User
    Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Jul 18, 2020
  4. mgk563 Win User

Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting...

Windows activation after motherboard swap

I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue.
    Support told me there was nothing they could do and told me to call 18009365700 which just says all lines busy. All they did was ask for my name. Tell me to run the troubleshooter and then told me I was SOL unless I could dig up my windows 7 key from the
    original purchase. I think where I messed up was I went on my MS account and removed my "old" pc thinking I needed to before it would activate on the new motherboard. So it's not listed when I run the troubleshooter. Am I, in fact, SOL now? Really don't
    want to shell out for a product I already own.

mgk563, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting...

1. Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting... - Similar Threads - activate motherboard memory

2. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account: I did not reinstall or change my Mass Storage Devices. So I have the exact same OS installed with the same Microsoft account signed in. hookinh up old motherboard and processor again reactivates it The system will not activate windows even after fallowing the automated help...
  3. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account: I did not reinstall or change my Mass Storage Devices. So I have the exact same OS installed with the same Microsoft account signed in. hookinh up old motherboard and processor again reactivates it The system will not activate windows even after fallowing the automated help...
  4. Windows 10 will not activate after motherboard/cpu swap - computer is in microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.

Cannot Activate after Motherboard swap.: Hello I bought a PC with a fresh install of Windows 10 Home. I set up PC and activated/linked Windows 10 to my Microsoft account. A few moths later I upgraded my Motherboard and I wanted to make sure Windows 10 was activated on new MOBO to avoid any issues, problem is the " I...
  6. Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap

Cannot activate Windows 10 after motherboard swap: I recently installed a new motherboard and now unable to active my genuine digital copy of Windows 10 Home. I've followed the troubleshooting recommendations all to no avail; it tells me, "We can’t find any devices linked to your Microsoft account that can be used for...
  7. Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows will not activate after motherboard, memory, and CPU swap, while also rejecting...: I swapped the motherboard in what used to be a Dell Inspiron 3847, and since windows deactivated and once I click troubleshoot and click I changed hardware on this device recently, but comes up with "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate as our servers aren't...
  8. Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.

Cannot activate windows after motherboard swap.: I had an old computer that originally had windows 7 installed from a disc that I upgraded to windows 10 a while ago. Today I upgraded its motherboard ,ram and cpu and now windows 10 wont re activate. I am logged onto the same Microsoft account that I used and it originally...
  9. Windows activation after motherboard swap

Windows activation after motherboard swap: I called Microsoft support to help with activating windows after I changed my motherboard. I have a digital licence that I received when upgrading from Windows 7 years ago. This had survived a previous motherboard swap a few years ago with no issue. Support told me there...
  10. Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap

Windows 10 Activation Failure After Motherboard Swap: Hello, I recently change my motherboard and now I am receiving an activation error: "Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213." I have tried the "Troubleshoot" option along with the "I changed hardware on this device recently"...