Windows 10: Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

Discus and support Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Nvidia 4090 - Windows 11. Windows 11 recognizes the three monitors but will only activate two. When I turn off one monitor, the third monitor will come... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scott_55, Jan 22, 2023.

1. Scott_55 Win User

Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

Nvidia 4090 - Windows 11. Windows 11 recognizes the three monitors but will only activate two. When I turn off one monitor, the third monitor will come on. Windows is only allowing two monitors to be active at a time. I have tried everything including deleting the display cache, switching cables, and different ports, powering up the monitors one at a time, and turning off g-sync. All didn't work.

:)

Scott_55, Jan 22, 2023
  2. tfwul Win User

Any portable Windows tool that monitors activities on a specific HDD?

Seeking advice on a (preferably) portable Windows tool that shows all activities and / or processes that are accessing a specific HDD.
    When launching WIndows' Resource Monitor (tab 'Disk') it will show activities on -all- drives. AFAIK there is no way to 'limit' thge display of activities just for one drive out of the list.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

tfwul, Jan 22, 2023
  3. second monitor on windows 10 laptop will not stay on

Display car driver is not listed in programs. (Step 2)

The drive was successfully updated (Step 1): NO JOY. The monitor still will not remain ON.

kaylieantoinette, Jan 22, 2023
  4. Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

Desktop with dual monitors one black

Hi Frank,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the you have tried to resolve the issue and tried many steps. I really appreciate your efforts in resolving this issue. As you have mentioned that switching the cables make both the monitor
    work so I believe its not the driver issue. I would suggest you to try connecting another cable and check if the issue persists.

Below is the Microsoft help article on How to connect a second monitor/ Multi monitors.

Note: The steps for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

If you are facing black screen issue on the second monitor I suggest you to refer to the below thread and follow the steps given:

Redirecting

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 22, 2023
Thema:

Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

1. Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black - Similar Threads - activate third Monitor

2. adding third monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adding third monitor: When I go to System > Display only two monitors are displayed, but the one on the left shows 2 and the one on the right shows 1/3. I want 3 independent monitors and it duplicates 1 monitor into two. The System > Display should show 3 separate monitors. Please advise....
  3. Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will not activate third Monitor. Remains black: Nvidia 4090 - Windows 11. Windows 11 recognizes the three monitors but will only activate two. When I turn off one monitor, the third monitor will come on. Windows is only allowing two monitors to be active at a time. I have tried everything including deleting the display...
  4. Third monitor use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Third monitor use: Running Win11 with new PC, with 2monitors, happy user. Bot Philips USB-C Adapter to work with a 3rd monitor.PC doesn't find the new display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor-use/43489f81-3bcb-4d98-af13-cacdc8931a0e
  5. Third monitor use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Third monitor use: Running Win11 with new PC, with 2monitors, happy user. Bot Philips USB-C Adapter to work with a 3rd monitor.PC doesn't find the new display. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor-use/43489f81-3bcb-4d98-af13-cacdc8931a0e
  6. Added third monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Added third monitor: I just add a third monitor to my setup. I cannot adjust the resolution on this one to match the other two. They are 1920 - 1080. Thus one will not adjust to more than 720x576 I saw previous threads on this subject but they were very old nothing I tried from those worked....
  7. Third Monitor not detected by Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Third Monitor not detected by Windows: Hi there,Hoping someone can help me out.I recently purchased a new monitor in the hopes of setting up 3 in total. My original monitor is a Dell monitor using a VGA connection. I purchased an LG monitor with an HDMI connection. I have a Surface Pro 4 which is connected to a...
  8. Third Monitor

Third Monitor: I have Windows 10 version 2004 OS build 19041.804. Would it be possible to connect a third monitor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/third-monitor/91c997fa-cc88-4771-a29d-274116f1d72b
  9. Third Monitor issue

Third Monitor issue: I just added a third 35" monitor to my computer. I am running a GFORCE RTX 2070 Super Card. The third monitor after about 10 Minutes goes Orange Tinted. It is not the night light setting. It is like a deep orange. I have checked my GPU performance and it is not even hitting...
  10. Monitors go black but computer remains on

Monitors go black but computer remains on: I have just had a problem where both my monitors went black all of a sudden, (this is not a cable/connection issue) I have been having similar problems recently where I would get display driver driver crashes where my monitors would go off but then come back on, this time...