Windows 10: Windows will not boot after blue screen of death & windows error

Discus and support Windows will not boot after blue screen of death & windows error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, need help please. Our Toshiba Satellite, was upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out a few years ago. Recently got BSOD and computer would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BR 2018, Nov 14, 2018.

1. BR 2018 Win User

Windows will not boot after blue screen of death & windows error

Hello, need help please. Our Toshiba Satellite, was upgraded to Windows 10 when it came out a few years ago. Recently got BSOD and computer would not repair itself. All error codes instructed us to create a Win 10 installation media tool via USB, which we did on another computer. We have data on this computer we are trying to save. However, the reinstall did not appear to work. With the installation disk in, the Toshiba black screen just scrolls through, for hours at a time! With the disk out, we can get to safe mode, and save the command to boot from USB, but it does not work when we restart. Sometimes I will get another black screen showing error: 0x0000007B.

Any tips or advice? I feel like I've checked many threads but have found the perfect solution (or maybe it's the question I am asking?) Thanks for your help

:)

BR 2018, Nov 14, 2018
  2. Dann Win User

Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

3. Windows fails to boot, blue screen of death. Help

Please correct me and guide me in the right direction if this is incorrectly placed. Thanks

Ok, so my buddy (After some of this software was buggy, Itunes, etc) installed Registry Doctor. Then after running the free scan and such he rebooted his computer. The reboot went all the way to the "Starting Windows" logo with the windows logo that comes together. Then it will crash at blue screen, error dump, are restart (This keeps happening till shut down).

So after trying a chkdsk from my personal computer and running a virus scan (1 virus found) I still can not get it to boot. Considering it is a gaming computer with a semi full hard disk (183GB full out of 500GB) it will take a bit of time to back up. Any suggestions on how I can fix this without having to restore and back up everything? Thanks InerTia*

>>PhoeniX<<, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Windows will not boot after blue screen of death & windows error

Blue Screen of death

Hi Cruize,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Are you able to boot to the desktop?
    • What is the exact error message you get on the screen?
    I would suggest you refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 (MS - MVP) on
    Blue Screen of Death (BSOD).

BSOD Finding and fixing them

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows will not boot after blue screen of death & windows error

1. Windows will not boot after blue screen of death & windows error - Similar Threads - boot blue screen

2. Blue Death Screen Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Death Screen Error: Our two laptops faced Blue Screen error in our organization today. I am attaching event logs and mini dumps. if someone can help me to identify the problem. it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.PC 1: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoMAqSbDPW1DiwbsPEMtQTTIHHnr?e=noKNP1PC 2:...
  3. Blue Screen of Death Error

Blue Screen of Death Error: Hello! I am currently having blue screen error for days already. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: portcls.sys Here is a copy of my Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8uu-SrR-YsjBOO6YRWsRQWoOC2?e=HIhCnf Thank you...
  4. Blue Screen of Death Error

Blue Screen of Death Error: Hello! I am currently having blue screen error for days already. SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. What failed: portcls.sys Here is a copy of my Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq8uu-SrR-YsjBOO6YRWsRQWoOC2?e=HIhCnf Thank you...
  5. Windows 10 Pro not booting after a blue screen of death

Windows 10 Pro not booting after a blue screen of death: Hello, so recently on my person desktop I got a blue screen of death exception with the error code HYPERVISOR_ERROR. I let it restart, but after the restart it wouldn't boot up to windows. I have a Ryzen 7 3700x with 2x8gb of G-SKILL Ripjaws, and a 500gb Western Digital SSD i...
  6. Inaccessible Boot Device error in Windows 10 . The blue screen of death

Inaccessible Boot Device error in Windows 10 . The blue screen of death: This error happened right after I updated a drive using Bit Driver Updater. Once it finished updating the computer automatically restart and showing me the blue screen . I have tried many solutions on websites and nothing works for me . I hope to get help here ....
  7. Blue Screen of Death errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue Screen of Death errors: Can anyone help me , I don't have a clue what is actually happening with my pc, but it randomly throws a BSOD error at unexpected times and the reason it shows is different everytime. At first while I am in the middle of a game, my pc froze, so I had to force shutdown my pc,...
  8. WINDOWS - Blue screen of death after BIOS.

WINDOWS - Blue screen of death after BIOS.: Hi there. I recently bought a new SSD, installed windows 10 on it, got some files sent over, noticed some problems supposedly caused by an old BIOS version (which, to be fair, hadn't seen an update in two years) and chose to flash it. After the update was done... I got a...
  9. Blue Screen Error of death.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue Screen Error of death.: I am facing a windows blue screen error problem many days. 3 or 4 types error are getting when I open my PC or sometimes i got this problem when I Restart my PC. I have tried many ways , but not fix the problem. Please help me for this issue....
  10. Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death after a WINDOWS update ?: WINDOWS uploaded a update. Computer basically has crashed ! Blue screen of death as come up. Ive tried all suggestions , Nothing works. I am able to pull up the comand part of computer. Is there a comand i can type in to bypass windows? Or delete it ? . There is no desktop...