Windows 10: Windows will not boot after update

Discus and support Windows will not boot after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a windows 10 update last night, this morning my PC will not boot. I can get into safe mode but system restore makes no difference and the update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RICHARDCURRAN1, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Windows will not boot after update

I had a windows 10 update last night, this morning my PC will not boot. I can get into safe mode but system restore makes no difference and the update is not listed in the "recent updates" bit of the control panel. I really don't want to have to reset the computer as I have a lot of single license software on my machine. Is there a fix for this?

:)

RICHARDCURRAN1, Dec 21, 2018

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Dec 21, 2018
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 21, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows will not boot after update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows will not boot after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows will not boot after update

1. Windows will not boot after update - Similar Threads - boot update

2. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  3. I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running windows 11. Now it won't boot up.: I updated the realtek drivers on my laptop running Windows 11. When i restarted the computer it wouldn't boot up. I tried to reboot using a backup on a usb drive, but it gives me an error message after a while....
  4. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  5. My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot

My Laptop stuck BSOD after doing Windows Update on Boot: My laptop doing windows update and doing restart, after that the screen showing windows update, but after doing restart again, the message from update is "undoing changes made to your computer" and after that blue screen appeared. I can't access safe mode, automatic repair,...
  6. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  7. Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot

Microsoft Surface 4 Laptop Updated and Will Not Post/Boot: Hello!A user updated their Surface Laptop 4 overnight and when they came back in the following day, it would no longer boot. Upon review, I did find that it was fully unable to POST, get to BIOS, etc. This laptop is just 2 months out of support, so I can't send it to...
  8. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  9. How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?

How to prevent Windows 11 for updating the UEFI boot order?: Every time I boot Windows 11 with which I am happy, it updates the boot order to put the windows UFI first time. Windows should not alter the boot order it finds in the system, and damn sure it should not do it without obtaining first confirmation from the user. This behavior...
  10. November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    November 2023 update crashing boot driver with no fix: I had downloaded the November 2023 windows 11 update when it got rolled out 2023-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based System. Ever since that update, I have been having a lot of issues with my laptops boot driver, I will start up my laptop and it...