Windows 10: Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do.

Discus and support Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am really lost on what to do. About 10 days ago I got a message in windows saying some files were corrupted, I did a system reset kept my files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Delirious11, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do.

I am really lost on what to do. About 10 days ago I got a message in windows saying some files were corrupted, I did a system reset kept my files and I've been running fine since then. Until today, when I turned on my PC and encountered the dreaded black screen with the circling dots. I've tried several options I saw online but none have worked so far. These are the things I have done, in order.

-Tried to run the "startup repair" option but it was unsuccessful, it said it couldn't repair.

-I tried to do a system restore but that failed as well, and it deleted the only restore point that was available.

-I tried to un install updates but it said it couldn't find the update to uninstall.

-I ran command prompt, did the sfc /scannow cmd and that didn't help. Also tried to do the dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth and also restorehealth but those were unsuccessful as Well. Said it did not service windows PE. I tried the dism /dirWindows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do. :D: option but that gave me an error.

-I tried to boot into safe mode and even that won't work! It is just a black screen.

-Finally tried a system reset, chose to keep files, and once it reached 100% my PC restarted but the problem persists!

My final option that I know of is to try a USB drive.

One thing I did notice is that there is another account on my PC I hadn't seen before named "administrator" but I don't know the password. I'm not sure if that's related at all.

As far as what I was doing last time I used the PC, I have been playing a game on steam that I have modded with many mods Fallout New Vegas modded using nexus mods and vortex manager.

Can anyone please, please help me! This is a very pricy prebuilt pc!

:)

Delirious11, Jan 7, 2021

2. Black Screen with circling Dots

I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the
    last 6 hours or so. I pushed the stop button and restarted the PC. Windows logo came up but then went to black screen with the circling dots. Can someone help?

FarfordFarford, Jan 7, 2021
  3. white circling dots on blue and black screen

When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence -

computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then

black screen with white circling dots, then

blue screen same and please wait, then

login, then

login screen, white circling dots and welcome.

All this before she boots up (which she has done every time so far)

This weird process can take upto a few minutes and I have never had this before a few months ago.

My laptop is about 3 years old, win 10 came preinstalled on it. There is plenty space on it.

I have checked booting order, mouse, antivirus for malware, etc. updates, start up items and nothing seems to be causing this happening.

I have noticed my mouse can be a little irattic at times and programmes open a bit slow.

Any help would be much appreciated befor I resort to getting it looked at.

L Byrne

LINDAAMARSDEN BYRNE, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do.

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do.

1. Windows will not boot, black screen with circling dots no matter what I do. - Similar Threads - boot black screen

2. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do: Hello, i just came back from a family road trip when this happened, My laptop gave me a secure boot violation, after fixing that small problem it just boots me into bios now, ive tried restarting, enabling CSM launcher, and changing boot priority but nothing absolutely works,...
  3. Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop boots me into bios no matter what i do: Hello, i just came back from a family road trip when this happened, My laptop gave me a secure boot violation, after fixing that small problem it just boots me into bios now, ive tried restarting, enabling CSM launcher, and changing boot priority but nothing absolutely works,...
  4. Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with cursor/black screen with circling white dots when booting up after...: So I bought a pre built pc about a year ago and decided to upgrade my pc’s motherboard as the one that came with the pre built wasn’t great. I replaced the motherboard with a ASUS Prime Z370-AII and installed all the components into the motherboard...however, when I boot up...
  5. Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 black loading screen, white spinning dotted circle.: After showing the asrock logo, it changes to the black screen with the spinning circle. It does this for a few minutes and then finally loads into windows. I recently upgraded my PC with an m.2 ssd, changed the RAM, upgraded CPU from Intel to AMD. I configured the PC to boot...
  6. white circling dots on blue and black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    white circling dots on blue and black screen: When booting up win 10 on laptop, it goes through this sequence - computer logo on black screen with white circling dots, then black screen with white circling dots, then blue screen same and please wait, then login, then login screen, white circling dots and welcome....
  7. Windows 10 logo with the dotted circle, then black screen of nothingness without any...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 logo with the dotted circle, then black screen of nothingness without any...: I was just gaming as usual when my entire PC suddenly froze and blurred into blue/white lines. After minutes of unresponsiveness I rebooted my PC manually and this is where I am now. If I boot several times, I arrive at the "Repair" screen where I already tried DISM (which...
  8. Black Screen with circling Dots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with circling Dots: I have been having trouble with windows 10. One of the articles suggested to hold down the start button 3 times and start the PC 3 times. I did and the screen started going through stages of fixing. The Screen went black with the circling dots for the last 6 hours or so. I...
  9. W10 pretty blue screen with circling dots on boot up/restart

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 pretty blue screen with circling dots on boot up/restart: Lenovo Y500 laptop takes hours to boot but then appears to run normally. It's been doing this for quite a while, I just haven't taken the time to try to track down the culprit. This is my daughter's laptop. Came as a Win8 or Win8.1 laptop and took the free upgrade to W10...
  10. Black screen no matter what...

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen no matter what...: Winn 10 has been working fine, then I go and turn on and from the get go I have no screen, I suspect it is with the screen timeout settings changing by themselves AGAIN... But I have no screen at every point, from turning on.... I have tried the on board video card, I...