Windows 10: Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

Discus and support Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows won't boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. Tried every step in Troubleshoot, no change.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeC#3, Dec 1, 2018.

1. MikeC#3 Win User

Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

Windows won't boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. Tried every step in Troubleshoot, no change.

:)

MikeC#3, Dec 1, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Upgrade crashes: It now will not boot into windows at all and just goes into the blue troubleshooting screens

Hi Enger,

I regret the inconvenience you’re facing regarding Windows 10 upgrade, and I appreciate for trying the steps to fix the issue.

To assist you better, I request you to answer the following question:

• Did you receive any error message while upgrading?

• “Blue troubleshooting screens” do you refer to the Advance boot options for windows 10?

If you are not able to boot to the desktop screen, I suggest you to install the windows 10 using Media creation tool and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands so that you can boot to the desktop screen and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank yoou.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 1, 2018
  4. Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu.

1. Windows will not boot. Goes directly to Troubleshoot menu. - Similar Threads - boot Goes directly

2. Start menu Troubleshooter!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu Troubleshooter!: Hi, as the "Start Menu Troubleshooter" been removed from Windows 10 ? I can not see it in "Additional Troubleshooters" ! Some sites say Microsoft have removed it and others how to downloaded it! I didn't want to try from a unknown site!BrianWindows 10 22H2...
  3. Start menu Troubleshooter!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu Troubleshooter!: Hi, as the "Start Menu Troubleshooter" been removed from Windows 10 ? I can not see it in "Additional Troubleshooters" ! Some sites say Microsoft have removed it and others how to downloaded it! I didn't want to try from a unknown site!BrianWindows 10 22H2...
  4. System goes into troubleshooting when Booting from Usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System goes into troubleshooting when Booting from Usb: System throws me into troubleshooter So, one time my computer threw a BSOD with a code 0xc000021a and said something about SrtTrail.txt last days i have been searching the internet and no fix yet, now i just want to reinstall windows 10 cuz i have given up now. When i try...
  5. windows start menu troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows start menu troubleshooter: We have multiple users whose Start Menu is frozen and they can't easily get to their files... All have Windows 10 Professional ... There is supposed to be a troubleshooter - where do I find it......
  6. My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My F11 goes to a boot menu instead of recovery.: Is there another way to get to the recovery mode? Whenever I do F11 it goes to boot mode because that's what my MSI motherboard was designed to do. By the ways I can't get past the startup screen, so I would need to get to recovery mode somehow through only the keyboard and...
  7. After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After windows update, PC boots to troubleshooting menu: My PC restarted this morning for the update, and now it boots to a keyboard select screen, then the screen pictured here. I've never seen this before, and I haven't downloaded any kind of software between now and the last update. Anyone know how to fix?[IMG]...
  8. Mouse goes opposite direction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse goes opposite direction: My Synaptics mouse goes in the opposite direction on my laptop. How can I change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-goes-opposite-direction/2469d1a7-27e9-4eda-b8bb-38eb9dbf5654
  9. "Please wait", then goes to troubleshooting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Please wait", then goes to troubleshooting.: Hello, Recently I have been encountering issues with trying to boot into Windows. I was trying to boot with my USB onto Linux, but that didn't work so I attempted to boot back into Windows, but then I was prompted with a message that said "Please wait...", and then it cut...
  10. Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10: How to: Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 How to Download and Use Start Menu Troubleshooter in Windows 10 Microsoft has released a Start menu troubleshooter for Windows 10 that will troubleshoot and hopefully automatically fix your Start menu problems. This...