Windows 10: Windows will not connect to internet.

Discus and support Windows will not connect to internet. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a clients msi Gl62 laptop. It will not connect to the internet on either nic(wireless or ethernet). It connects to every network as no internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamSmart1, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Windows will not connect to internet.

I have a clients msi Gl62 laptop. It will not connect to the internet on either nic(wireless or ethernet). It connects to every network as no internet access on an unidentified network. It gives an apipa address and does not even seem to send an a dhcp request.

Using ipconfig renew gives this error: An error occurred while renewing interface Wi-fi: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by it's access permissions along with no operation while said local area has it's media disconnected. I have turned off every firewall and uninstalled antivirus and malware programs (avast and malware-bytes). I manually gave an ipv4 address and gateway address this did fix the permissions error but not the media disconnected error.

I have tried the following basic steps (not in any specific order).

*reset tcp/ip stack

*reset the network devices in device manager

*updated drivers for said network devices

*flushed ARP

*Restarted DHCP services

*used network reset function

One thing i have come across in other forums is an update messing with network drivers/software and the solution is to restore back to a previous update. This however does not seem to be as this laptop was not updated and/or does not have a restore point that is even close to when this issue was reported (week of 7th) last restore for major update was in 2018. I have thought about doing an update to see if it is an issue that has been fixed but i cannot update without internet anyway. I have been to multiple houses and work places to see if it is router along with trouble shooting router (all other devices work on network). Could be conflict with software like virtual adapters or something but none seem to be present.

Any help would be good, I am not the smartest person ever but I have my CCENT and A+ with some experience in real environments so i'm at least not too dumb. Wouldn't even be mad if someone was like here is your problem you should of used your brain it's simple. Good leaning point. Again thanks for the help.

:)

AdamSmart1, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Connectivity Issues with various programs

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Try the following steps:

I would suggest you to run Internet Connectivity troubleshooter:

Try the following steps:

• Click "Search" and type "Troubleshooting" without quotes and hit enter.

• Click “View All”

• Select "Internet Explorer connection"

• Click next to run the troubleshooter.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jul 11, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    loss of internet connection

Hi Lawrence,

Since you are still experiening internet connection issue, what we can suggest is for you to try and have the Internet Connections troubleshooter. Kindly try the steps below:

• Right click the
      Start
      menu and select Control Panel.

• Change the
      View by: Categoryinto
      Large icons.

• Select and click
      Troubleshooting.

• Click
      Network and Internet.

• Click
      Internet Connections.

• Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.

• After troubleshooting is completed, check the status of the troubleshooter shown on the window.
    Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows will not connect to internet.

Internet Connection

Hi George,

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Internet connections troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connections troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows will not connect to internet.

1. Windows will not connect to internet. - Similar Threads - connect internet

2. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  3. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection: Hello,I would like to automate the process of activating windows without calling the center and without internet connection.So I can use a script to deploy all the devices that I have without doing this **** call.Thanks in advance,Arthur...
  4. Windows 10 - activation without phone and without internet connection

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  6. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...: So as of two weeks ago my pc just didn’t want to connect to internet anymore. It’s connect via Ethernet to my Verizon internet gateway, which has worked before. I can connect via WiFi to the Verizon gateway with my phone but it doesn’t want to work all of a sudden via...
  7. My pc won’t connect to the internet via Ethernet. The WiFi works on the router but won’t...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  9. Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet

Mediatek wifi 7 mt7927 connected to home network but not internet: Adapter seems to work but not connecting to the internet. I have the latest drivers and MB biosGigabyte aorus z790 pro x 1.0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mediatek-wifi-7-mt7927-connected-to-home-network/22cc59d0-f9b0-4959-a985-add359240d06
  10. My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is connected to wifi but keeps saying it is not connected to the internet and...: My computer is on windows seven. I have it connected to my home's wifi and can access the internet on it through google chrome but with anything else it keeps saying it is not connected to the internet at all, and it won't let me download anything properly. Every time I open...