Windows 10: Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in.

Discus and support Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; About two weeks ago my mic stopped working on my computer. I have tried it and other microphones with multiple devices and they work fine on them but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ClintonMoore-Richardson, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in.

About two weeks ago my mic stopped working on my computer. I have tried it and other microphones with multiple devices and they work fine on them but not with my computer. Any time I plug a mic in, windows detects no sound input from it in the audio device settings. The sole exception seems to be that it will spike to max input received for a second, then back down to no sound detected if I switch from microphone to stereo mix in audio device settings

:)

ClintonMoore-Richardson, Feb 13, 2019

2. Microphone not detecting sound anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience this has caused. We'll be happy to assist you to fix this issue.

This issue might cause if Windows is not able to detect the microphone properly or if the device is disabled. Kindly follow the below troubleshooting methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Firstly, let's run the audio recording troubleshooter and check.

* In Windows search bar, type find and fix audio recording problems
    and run the troubleshooter to identify and solve the issue.

Method 2:

If this doesn't help, let's set the detected microphone as default recording device.

Step 1:

1) In the right corner of the taskbar, right-click audio icon and select sound.

2) With the dialog box opened, go to recordings tab and see if your current plugged-in microphone is listed indicated by a green check mark.

3) Choose the device and click or tap to set it as default.

Note: In the recording tab, right-click to check if there are any device disabled. click on show disabled device and proceed.

Step 2:

You may also troubleshoot by typing speech recognition in the search bar. Then, click on
    setup microphone and Windows will take you through few simple steps to make it work.

Hope this helps. If you have any queries, do get back to us.

Thank you.

Praveen Venugopal, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Plug in your microphone

Your computer may be having an issue detecting your microphone that is why you're always seeing the notification. We recommend that you disable, and then re-enable your microphone to resolve the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the lower right part of your screen, right-click the speaker or sound icon.
    • Choose Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the list of recording devices, and then make sure that the
      Show disabled devices
      option is checked. If the option is not checked, kindly click it.
    • Right-click on your microphone, and then select Disable.
    • Right-click again on your microphone, and then select Enable.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if you'll encounter the microphone notification again.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in.

Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in.

1. Windows will not detect sound from any microphone that I plug in. - Similar Threads - detect sound microphone

2. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  3. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Detected but no sound input detected: - My PC has 2 3.5mm microphone jack inputs- Upon plugging any tested on other devices microphones into these jacks, my pc detects that they have been plugged in- However, when speaking, no sound input is detected- I have tried ALL options mentioned in this thread Microphone...
  4. Microphone Detected but no sound input detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. None of my microphones is detecting any sound

None of my microphones is detecting any sound: I have the problem that none of my 2 mic'sFifine T669 and logitech webcam C170 are detecting any sound at all. My speaker are working.I also tried everything said in this post...
  6. Windows detects Microphone, but won't register any sound from it.

Windows detects Microphone, but won't register any sound from it.: I'm currently having an issue with my gaming headset+mic where I plug it in via USB or audio jacks and while Windows 10 will register it and Discord and any other program... It won't work on my PC anymore. Same with any other microphone I plug into it, the audio and sound are...
  7. Microphone sound not detected

Microphone sound not detected: I´ve had this problem since I reinstalled windows on my PC. I´ve connected several microphones through the frond jacks and rear ones, but it doesn´t seem to recognise any sound. I´ve also tried this on other apps such as discord, but it still doesn´t work. I reinstalled the...
  8. Microphones Detected But No Sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphones Detected But No Sound: I have been trying multiple mics, and they are all recognized, but no program, including windows' test function are able to get any sound. I've tried 1 mic and 2 webcams. The webcams can display video but not audio. And yes, I changed the setting under privacy to let...
  9. Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected

Microphone Plugged In But Is Not Being Detected: Recently, I tried using my microphone, yet found it wasn't working despite using it only a few weeks prior. I went through a few settings and found out that my microphone is apparently (which is set to default by the way) not plugged, however it definitely is as I can see it...
  10. Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...

Headset is plugged in, but headset microphone is not detected as "plugged in" by my...: Hello, I've been using a bootcamped Macbook Pro (mid-2014) for Windows and already have the Apple drivers called "Cirrus Logic CS4208 (AB 93)", but have not been able to use the microphone my headset comes with. I can use the internal microphone of my laptop, and my headset...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc n ot detecting any microphones

2. win 10 audio device not detect

3. pc not detecting sound from microphone