Windows 10: Windows will not disable from GPO

Discus and support Windows will not disable from GPO in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Skyler Johnson, Jul 13, 2019.

1. Windows will not disable from GPO

I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled.

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and yes I have checked for updates.

:)

Skyler Johnson, Jul 13, 2019
  2. freebie Win User

Windows Server 2003 - GPO Help!

Hi all,

I'm looking to create a GPO on windows server 2003, to simply overwrite a file each time a user logons in their profile.

Anyone got any tips for this?

freebie, Jul 13, 2019
  3. Cja123 Win User
    Server 2003 GPO questions

I solved my problem!
    My first issue was the installation files that weren't running. I fixed this by enabling windows installer through the "allow select windows applications to run" option in the GPO. My second issue was turning off the GPO on the fly. Unfortunately, there is no option within the GPO editor that allows for this. However, I did create a .bat file which I can run that will insert specific registry key values that will render the GPO ineffective. I also created a "re-enable GPO" .bat file that I run after I am through making the changes, this will bring the GPO back up.
    Thanks so much for your help Batou1986! *Toast :toast:

Cja123, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Odiedavis Win User

Windows will not disable from GPO

Windows Security Screen shutdown/restart with GPO

Running Win 10 Pro as admin and using GPO for standard users to limit shutdown/restart/hibernate option. GPO restriction works everywhere it should but on Windows Security screen where Power Button is still functional. Could this be a bug? Am an experienced
    GPO user. Have already done SFC and dism as well as Disabled/Not Configured and re Enabled GPO option. Any suggestions? Appreciate any help. Thank you.

Odiedavis, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows will not disable from GPO

1. Windows will not disable from GPO - Similar Threads - disable GPO

2. Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus will not disable from GPO: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my computer today, I was configuring the policies I use in the GPO. I found that Windows defender doesn't seem to respond to the Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus. As when I check Windows security Windows defender is still enabled. I am running...
  3. How to disable screensaver in Windows 10 v1803 Ent via Registry or GPO

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable screensaver in Windows 10 v1803 Ent via Registry or GPO: Hi All, Since our Windows 10 migration, we are having an issue with one of our GPO to disable screensavers for a AD group. If the user/computer were apart of the NoScreenSaver group, it would send down a couple of registry keys. Now with Windows 10 v1803, that policy is no...
  4. How do you disable the Action Center icon via GPO?

How do you disable the Action Center icon via GPO?: On build 1809 LTSC, we have "Remove Notifications and Action Center" enabled in User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar. Policy is being correctly applied to workstation. However, the Action Center icon is still showing. We did not see this...
  5. Re-enabling Windows Update online updates after disabling via GPO Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Re-enabling Windows Update online updates after disabling via GPO Windows 10: I've been dealing with this issue for a while. Enterprise wide, we use SCCM for our updates. There are few very specialized workstations that can only be updated manually for a host of reasons. I've created a new GPO for them that basically reverses the one that prevents...
  6. Bug report: GPO has same effect whether disabled or enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bug report: GPO has same effect whether disabled or enabled: GPO: Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Windows update\Remove access to use all Windows update features When Enabled, it creates a registry value: HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\DisableWindowsUpdateAccess = 1 When...
  7. GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions

GPO to allow standard used to enable or disable metered connetions: Is there a GPO that can allow a standard user to enable or disable metered Wi-Fi connections (Windows 10 Pro)? We have a bunch of people that tend to Hotspot from their mobile phone, while on the road. To maximise the bandwidth (and not eat up the allocated usage), I'd like...
  8. Disable Mail app via GPO

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Mail app via GPO: Hello, In our environment we have the problem that the default association for the mailto: protocol is not consistently set to open Outlook. So many users who click a mailto: link will be presented with the Mail app instead of Outlook. Then they end up logging in their...
  9. Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable the Volume Icon In Tray Menu Win10 (NOT WITH GPO!): Hi, guys!Can someone tell how to programmatically disable the system sound icon (or other system icons) in Windows 10 from the tray menu? But not through GPO policy. Because then it is not possible to enable it through the parameters, only also with registry tweak. [img]...
  10. GPO Disables Task Scheduler - Breaking ALL Metro Apps/Keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    GPO Disables Task Scheduler - Breaking ALL Metro Apps/Keyboard: So, I have an interesting problem. At my workplace, we have a group policy set that force-disables the Windows Task Scheduler. This is done for security purposes, as "malware sometimes sets itself up as a scheduled task", as it was explained to me. I cannot get this policy...