Windows 10: Windows will not, does not open RAF files, nor shows a thumbnail.

Discus and support Windows will not, does not open RAF files, nor shows a thumbnail. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm a photographer and I currently shoot Sony, Canon, and Fuji. When I download the photos from (Canon and Sony) the memory cards into my computer the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jose JulioHernandez Colon, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Windows will not, does not open RAF files, nor shows a thumbnail.

I'm a photographer and I currently shoot Sony, Canon, and Fuji. When I download the photos from (Canon and Sony) the memory cards into my computer the open flawlessly, however when I do the same with RAF files (Fujifilm) the only it shows is a generic icon and does not show a thumbnail preview. I have done everything there is even going to download a codec directly from Windows but it tells me is not the one for my computer. There are many colleagues that are facing the same problem and are buying third party software because windows have not yet supported nor fixed this issue. When is Windows going to fix this issue, it really slows down my workflow because I cannot see what files to choose to download. Because of this I have to download all and then erase those not needed. It will really help if the thumbnail of the RAF file is shown. Going to "show thumbnail does nothing" nor going to any of the 13 ways I have been told by you guys.

:)

Jose JulioHernandez Colon, Sep 21, 2019
  2. jsmin Win User

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 21, 2019
  4. ste0 Win User

Windows will not, does not open RAF files, nor shows a thumbnail.

PDF thumbnails not showing in Windows 10 file explorer

In Acrobat Reader DC, go to Preferences > General and then select Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer.

This should show thumbnails in File Explorer. For some reason, my selection got turned off (not by me). Check your settings again. I have done this same step for numerous computers now, and so far they all work.

The first time you do this, Adobe Reader DC actually has a pop-up saying something like installing a add-on or extension. If you don't see this, then I suggest a reinstall of the latest DC.

Thema:

Windows will not, does not open RAF files, nor shows a thumbnail.

1. Windows will not, does not open RAF files, nor shows a thumbnail. - Similar Threads - does open RAF

2. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  3. DNG file not showing as Thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNG file not showing as Thumbnail: If I go to a folder of pictures files .... the jpeg show as thumbnails, and one or 2 DNG will show as thumbnails, but not all.If you have a great many files it is really annoying not having the thumbnail showChecked that the option in File Explore is to display as...
  4. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  5. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing: Hello there,I was working on File Explorer recently and noticed that my file thumbnails mostly my video files are not showing their thumbnails in my folder instead of the program icon. I've had this problem for quite some time now, since a few months ago. It's becoming a...
  6. File Thumbnail Preview Not Showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows Default not opening nor showing up

Windows Default not opening nor showing up: Hey.I recently had tried to access my windowsapps folder by changing some security things but now I cannot open or see any of me default windows apps such as Microsoft store, photos, video player or any of the sort. I am confused on what to do, I have tried to reset the...
  8. Certain files thumbnail not showing

Certain files thumbnail not showing: I have recently bought a new hhd hard disk and after moving some files to that hard disk, I noticed that all the media file e.g png,jpg,mov etc won't show their thumbnails. Then I tried several methods:1, go to the folder option and disable "Always show icons, never...
  9. Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files

Thumbnails don't show when opening picture files: Thumbnails do not load when I open picture or video folders. I have tried several remedies suggested online, but none work. Sometimes the thumbnails show, but when I close the folder and reopen they become blank 'envelopes'. Is there a simple solution I can perform myself?...
  10. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...