Windows 10: Windows will not finish system restore

Discus and support Windows will not finish system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; System will not finish system restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LynnHagerman, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Windows will not finish system restore

System will not finish system restore

:)

LynnHagerman, Apr 20, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    System Restore Windows 10  

Hello patchel, and welcome to Ten Forums. Windows will not finish system restore :)

If you did a system restore at boot, then it should have a restart option like in step 14 of OPTION ONE. You could reset the computer to continue booting to Windows to see if it has actually successfully finished.

If you did a system restore from within Windows, then that should be it like in step 17 of OPTION TWO.

Brink, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Windows will not finish system restore

Windows 10 wont boot, repair, reset, or system restore

Hi,

The issue occurs due to an
    unfinished update process which
    corrupted the system files. We suggest that you try these troubleshooting
    methods and run the update again:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.

This will check and run an auto-repair on the issue.

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.

After running the
    SFC scan
    and the issue still persist, run the
    DISM
    to check the system health and to try restoring the files. To run
    DISM tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

NOTE:
    This might take a while
    to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows will not finish system restore

1. Windows will not finish system restore - Similar Threads - finish system restore

2. System Restore did not finish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore did not finish: After a recent windows update my shared printer stopped working. I went to go back to the previous restore point and it never finished after 3 hours. Looked online and saw this is a common problem but now system is unusable.Tried Reset my PC but has for my bitlocker ID to...
  3. System Restore did not finish

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore did not finish: After a recent windows update my shared printer stopped working. I went to go back to the previous restore point and it never finished after 3 hours. Looked online and saw this is a common problem but now system is unusable.Tried Reset my PC but has for my bitlocker ID to...
  4. System Restore did not finish

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Finish Restoring Folder Previous Version: As dumb may it sound, I accidentally deleted folders such as Desktop, Documents, and Pictures from OneDrive folder. Those three folders contain very important files that I should have. It can't be found in Recycle Bin because the option was to permanently delete. Which is, I...
  6. Get System Restore To Finish

Get System Restore To Finish: Over the last month my wife's Windows 10 Computer has become very slow. It takes 2.5 minutes to reach the desktop. It used to take a matter of seconds. At the desktop screen, it takes 4 minutes to open any app and then leaves a message saying "Not responding". As a result, I...
  7. Cannot finish update restoring

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot finish update restoring: Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS build 18362.1016 Update fails repeatedly, 1. I ran the Update trouble shooter. It "fixed some things" but after rebooting Update continued to fail. 2. Following the advice on Fix: We Couldn't Complete the Updates Undoing Changes on Windows 10 -...
  8. Cannot finish update restoring

Cannot finish update restoring: Windows 10 Home Version 1903 OS build 18362.1016 Update fails repeatedly, 1. I ran the Update trouble shooter. It "fixed some things" but after rebooting Update continued to fail. 2. Following the advice on Fix: We Couldn't Complete the Updates Undoing Changes on Windows 10 -...
  9. Windows system restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows system restore: [ATTACH]As the picture shows, I suddenly can not run VBS for some weird reason and I tried to restore the system. It says the restore did not complete successfully. Is there any way to solve it besides to re-install the entire system?...
  10. Windows could not finish configuring the system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not finish configuring the system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]While installing or settingup various editions and versions of Windows operating systems, the computer is prone to be throwing various errors. One such error is Windows could not finish configuring the system error. The full error is- Windows could not [...]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. system restore never finishes

2. i tried A SYSTem restore and it would not finish.

3. system restore not finishung register