Windows 10: Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything

Discus and support Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Headline: my windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep based on the sleep timers for either "Screen" or "Sleep." It will try screen goes black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mastertbomb, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything

Headline: my windows 10 PC will not automatically go to sleep based on the sleep timers for either "Screen" or "Sleep." It will try screen goes black for a second but then goes bask to my desktop. If I manually click the start icon and go to power/sleep, the computer will go to sleep. However it will wake itself up randomly to the login screen.

I'm hoping there is someone who can help read a log file to determine if there is anything in there that is causing this issue. I suspect it may be hardware related as I seem to have exhausted every software related fix.

Things I have tried:

1. Powercfg -requests shows nothing because it actually doesn't go to sleep, it just tries, but never makes it
    2. Powercfg -lastawake shows nothing
    3. Powercfg /waketimers will just show updateorchestrator
    4. I have disabled my ethernet device from waking up the computer including magic packet
    5. I have disabled my wireless mouse and wireless keyboard from waking up the computer
    6. I have turned off the windows updateorchestrator to wake the computer
    7. I've tried turning hybrid sleep on and off
    8. I spit out a log from powercfg and all of the items said "this will not prevent your computer from sleeping"
    9. Probably several other that I can't remember

Any experts out there?

:)

Mastertbomb, Jan 4, 2020
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 4, 2020
  3. Display and sleep settings

Hi,

In order to help you with the issue about the display and sleep settings, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps suggested by MVP Andre Da Costa? If you did, what were the results?
    • For us to avoid redundancy of the troubleshooting process, what were the other steps you have done to resolve the issue?

We look forward to your next post.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything

Windows 10 goes into the sleep mode constantly

Hello,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and for delay in responding back to you.

• Have you tried the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?

If the steps mentioned by Yashwanth Kotakuri didn't help you then we suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it works:

Windows 10 Keeps going into sleep after 1 minute idle

Let us know if it helps. We will be happy to assists you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything

1. Windows will not go to sleep I've tried everything - Similar Threads - sleep I've tried

2. Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text to Speech not working - I've tried everything!: Hello,I'm attempting to setup text to speech on my desktop for when I'm working and nothing seems to work. I've updated all drivers and windows is fully updated. I've ensured that my mic and other devices are picking up my voice, without issue. If I spell out a word...
  3. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!: Hi,I seem to be getting a black screen of death whenever I install my graphics drivers for my RX 570 8GB. I'm really confused as I haven't had a graphics card issue before. I have tried resetting my PC, formatting my SSD, removing all other drives, reinstalling a fresh copy...
  4. Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen of death, I've tried everything!!: Hi,I seem to be getting a black screen of death whenever I install my graphics drivers for my RX 570 8GB. I'm really confused as I haven't had a graphics card issue before. I have tried resetting my PC, formatting my SSD, removing all other drives, reinstalling a fresh copy...
  5. I need help, I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help, I've tried everything.: Hello guys, I've tried everything and i can't find a solution. My internet while playing games or on the internet will disconnect and reconnect within seconds. This is on ethernet connection too. I look at my event viewer and this error comes up Event ID 27 & Event ID 10016....
  6. No internet, I've tried everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No internet, I've tried everything: (Toshiba satellite c55t-c) yesterday I was updating to version 2009, got to 2004 all was fine, then 2009. No internet on wifi or ethernet. Other devices work fine so it's not my router. I reverted back to 2004 but I still have no internet. I've gone into cmd and tried every...
  7. I've tried everything I can

in Windows 10 Customization
    I've tried everything I can: I have looked on multiple threads trying to fix this but they don't work. There is a search bar at the top of my screen and it isn't part of a 3rd party software I've searched for it already. and I don't know what to do. Please help it is driving me insane.[ATTACH]...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop- I've tried everything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair Loop- I've tried everything: Hello. At this point, I don't know what else to do. I'm really close to throw my pc out of the window.. Due to the coronavirus , we're now all working from home. I have really really really important things to take care of and my computer decided to enter Automatic Repair...
  9. WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS DEFENDER NOT WORKING - I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING: A few weeks ago I installed the Avira antivirus, seeing that it did not work I uninstalled it. After this I could not make the Windows Defender work again (it is clear that prior to installing Avira, the WD worked perfectly). Although I try to restart the service (since every...
  10. Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything: Last month, I was having driver issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct audio driver and everything was fine. But the next day, I got on and my mic wasn't being picked up nor any audio for that matter if I recall. So I uninstalled the audio driver once again and...