Windows 10: Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN

Discus and support Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Help - it keeps saying I dont have the option to change it, even though I made one in the first place! It's becoming REALLY annoying. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fizolu, Dec 21, 2019.

1. /u/fizolu Win User

Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN

Help - it keeps saying I dont have the option to change it, even though I made one in the first place!

It's becoming REALLY annoying.

submitted by /u/fizolu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fizolu, Dec 21, 2019

2. Remove PIN for logging into Windows

Hello,

Try these steps after creating System Restore point:

1. Open Registry Editor.

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.

3. Double click and set AllowDomainPINLogon registry DWORD to 0.

4. Close Registry Editor and reboot.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Remove PIN for logging into Windows

I am using Windows 10, v.1903 and I want to remove PIN for logging into the system. But I cannot though I removed the logging in password option. My computer log in screen shows two log in methods, that is password & PIN.

When I click on password I can log into the Windows but I also have an option with PIN that I want to remove at all.

The option to change the PIN is grayed out, instead I receive a message Sorry blablabla

KevinMeechan, Dec 21, 2019
  4. Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN

Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN

1. Windows will not let me remove/change my log in PIN - Similar Threads - let remove change

2. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  3. it won't let me change pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    it won't let me change pin: the power went out and when I turned on the pc again I got met with the bit key screen so I got the bit key. Then it said that my pin had to change for security changes on this device which is **** retarded but whatever, then when I press the "set up key" button literally...
  4. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in: I tried creating the finger print and it won’t work now and won’t let me use my password or type in mypin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-log-in-it-keeps-asking-for-a/5305fffd-11dd-48a4-9989-97c4e1afb731
  5. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in: I tried creating the finger print and it won’t work now and won’t let me use my password or type in mypin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-log-in-it-keeps-asking-for-a/5305fffd-11dd-48a4-9989-97c4e1afb731
  6. My laptop won’t let me log in it keeps asking for a pin but won’t let me type the pin in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 not letting me log-in with correct pin and password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not letting me log-in with correct pin and password.: Hello All,Three days ago I successfully changed my laptop's PIN for security reasons. The laptop was working fine, but when I restarted it the next day, it won't let me in. I used my Microsoft account password to login, but even it is not working. I tried to login my system...
  8. Organisation won’t let me change pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Organisation won’t let me change pin: I was using word for a class assignment and had to sign in with my uni email to save my file on OneDrive. In a hurry, I type in my login and press ok without disabling the ‘allow the organisation to make changes’. I had to make a new PIN to log into my laptop, and I’ve...
  9. Won't let me use a PIN to log in....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Won't let me use a PIN to log in....: Windows claims I got my PIN wrong too many times and has locked it out. I can get in with the my password, but that is more difficult. It said I had to have the computer on for 2 hours to reset my PIN. So I left it on, but it didn't help. I deleted the PIN and tried to set...
  10. Will not let me log in with my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Will not let me log in with my pin: After performing a system restore because I was having problems with my audio I am unable to use my pin and get logged back into my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-not-let-me-log-in-with-my-pin/2717db6e-f5ef-4951-b5f5-f37da615d4c7