Windows 10: Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

Discus and support Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of 2 days ago, Windows 10 has stopped loading Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome on my Lenovo Ideapad S145. The browser itself loads, but if any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPEB_200, Jan 14, 2020.

1. JPEB_200 Win User

Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

As of 2 days ago, Windows 10 has stopped loading Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome on my Lenovo Ideapad S145. The browser itself loads, but if any websites or search pages are entered such as Google or Bing, the software will do nothing and display a loading image indefinitely with a blank page. Usually this is because of high disk usage, but in this case, less than 5% of the disk is being used and little of it is going towards the programs in question. This is with no other programs open besides Task Manager.

I have a vague suspicion it may be linked to the sudden appearance of Service Host instances, which have been permanently present around the time the issue started. However I don’t think this would have any effect on the issue I am facing.

So far I have tried:

-Restarting several

-Shutting down and powering back on

-Disabling “SuperFetch”

-Maximizing processor in power settings

-Using Process Explorer to see if anything is blocking access or using excess resources.

Any ideas? Is it possibly linked to a recent update?

:)

JPEB_200, Jan 14, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

Edge browser doesn't fully load !

We suggest you to reset your browser settings by following the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Select Advanced.
    • Select Reset.
    • Then reboot Windows.
    For additional resolution, you may
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Michael Gall, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

1. Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers - Similar Threads - load utilise disk

2. Internet Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Browser: It's been a while since this board has discussed and recommended Internet Browsers. A few years ago, Pale Moon was a board favorite. I have been using it, but even though I keep it updated, it has some failures on some web sites. What is everyone's current favorite??...
  3. Web Browser can not load CCTV Plugins in Internet Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web Browser can not load CCTV Plugins in Internet Explorer: Hello everyone, I'm using Windows 10 on Dell 7460 Laptop with regular update. I usually login to my CCTV IP Camera and NVR using Internet Explorer through TCP/IP. Everythings was fine until the latest update, when I log on my cameras, the browser can load the screen but...
  4. Default Internet browser

Default Internet browser: How do I set Internet Explorer as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-internet-browser/f683955a-d0ae-477d-8d56-bf8f248b9d2a
  5. OneDrive not loading in browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive not loading in browser: Since the last Windows 10 update on 13 March, I have been unable to open OneDrive in any browser. Error message reads: Cannot securely connect to this page This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting...
  6. How to limit cpu utilisation?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to limit cpu utilisation?: I would like limit cpu utilisation below or equal 25% in both window and Linux Forbidden swap and virtual memory if exceed this limit Bonus is to force the program to stop And request authorisation to continue to run if exceed this limit for 1 second Or pop up...
  7. Internet browser issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internet browser issue: Hi there, I have been having an issue for some months now. I will suddenly see a thick (1-2") block either top or bottom of my web browser. At the same time I can no longer use the browser and have to restart my machine to get rid of it. I use a laptop and docking station...
  8. Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds

Looking to find a wireless card to utilise new internet speeds: Hi everyone, I am moving into a new apartment in the next few days and Fibre Optic internet is included. I have been using the on-board Ethernet port on my motherboard as my internet connection, and do not have any wireless capabilities - I also cannot get a Ethernet hookup...
  9. login.live.com not loading in any browser

in Browsers and Email
    login.live.com not loading in any browser: I downloaded windows 10 yesterday and am unable to access Onedrive or any associated products in my web browsers. I also tried to open Onedrive and other associated products on my laptop but am stuck on the loading screen "just a minute." I've tried restarting and...
  10. Internet browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Internet browsers: Hello folks, I am wondering if there is a specific web browser that works particularly well with Windows 10 I have been using Firefox but lately this seems to be very erratic and so I am thinking of using something else. I have done this via Microsoft Edge but, I find...