Windows 10: Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

Discus and support Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As of 2 days ago, Windows 10 has stopped loading Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome on my Lenovo Ideapad S145. The browser itself loads, but if any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPEB_200, Jan 14, 2020.

1. JPEB_200 Win User

Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

As of 2 days ago, Windows 10 has stopped loading Edge, Firefox and Google Chrome on my Lenovo Ideapad S145. The browser itself loads, but if any websites or search pages are entered such as Google or Bing, the software will do nothing and display a loading image indefinitely with a blank page. Usually this is because of high disk usage, but in this case, less than 5% of the disk is being used and little of it is going towards the programs in question. This is with no other programs open besides Task Manager.

I have a vague suspicion it may be linked to the sudden appearance of Service Host instances, which have been permanently present around the time the issue started. However I don’t think this would have any effect on the issue I am facing.

So far I have tried:

-Restarting several

-Shutting down and powering back on

-Disabling “SuperFetch”

-Maximizing processor in power settings

-Using Process Explorer to see if anything is blocking access or using excess resources.

Any ideas? Is it possibly linked to a recent update?

:)

JPEB_200, Jan 14, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Error: "Internet Explorer is not responding" and "Website not responding" while accessing the browser on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response and information.

As Windows 10 as Microsoft Edge in-built browser, I suggest you to try that browser and check if this issue persists.

For the issues with Internet Explorer try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onInternet Explorer Performance and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to turn off and on Internet Explorer and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R, type Control Panel
      and hit Enter.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Uncheck Internet Explorer, click on Ok.
    • Restart the computer and repeat the same as above to place a check mark on Internet Explorer.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

Edge browser doesn't fully load !

We suggest you to reset your browser settings by following the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Internet Options.
    • Select Advanced.
    • Select Reset.
    • Then reboot Windows.
    For additional resolution, you may
    run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Michael Gall, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers

1. Windows will not load or utilise disk for internet browsers - Similar Threads - load utilise disk

2. Internet not loading any apps or browser.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet not loading any apps or browser.: I turned on smart app control in windows 11.After that internet is not working on any app,and no browser is working.I also turned off smart app control,but problem persists....
  3. Internet not loading any apps or browser.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet not loading any apps or browser.: I turned on smart app control in windows 11.After that internet is not working on any app,and no browser is working.I also turned off smart app control,but problem persists....
  4. Internet Browser

Internet Browser: 23.3.2022Hello,I have heard that on Win 11 the only Browser allowed is Edge. I do not want to use Edge, I would like to use Opera and/or firefox and do not like being hemmed in on my choices.Is it possible to use Opera and Firefox on Win11 without any problems? If not, this...
  5. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  6. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% disk utilisation slowing laptop: 2021 HP with i7 processors and Windows 10Have carried out HDD checks and all state its fine.Need help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/100-disk-utilisation-slowing-laptop/c5cbafc6-17fe-41ed-8f47-4989ec37cc83
  7. 100% disk utilisation slowing laptop

8. 100% disk utilisation with Windows 10 -

100% disk utilisation with Windows 10 -: I have been through some of the earlier threads here and I have come to a conclusion that this is not something easy to fix. However, I want to have a feedback from any experts here about how I can deal with this. I don't want to lose any data, obvisouly. Some background:...
  9. Slow to load any internet browser after exit

Slow to load any internet browser after exit: Hello there, after latest update, like 1 month ago, all my browsers starting to load really slowly takes about 10-15 seconds. tried firefox, safari, chrome & edge. all same problem, first time to load the browser takes 10-15 seconds then all good until i exit the app and...
  10. Connected to the internet, but no browser will load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected to the internet, but no browser will load: I'm running windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad y700. Yesterday while I was on a call, the video froze and the website wouldn't load anymore. Since then none of my browsers (google chrome, opera, and edge) will work, they just display a blank page and load forever. I updated my...