Windows 10: Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar

Discus and support Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 (Version 1903, Build 18362.356) on my Dell laptop which I have had for 2 years. It is fully updated. However, in the last 3 weeks,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SalLivreri, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar

I have Windows 10 (Version 1903, Build 18362.356) on my Dell laptop which I have had for 2 years. It is fully updated. However, in the last 3 weeks, it has developed this annoying problem. If I have, say Firefox open, MS Word open, MS Excel open, maybe Chrome, Settings window, it does not matter. It is as if one app/program is the main one. When I go to the taskbar to click on a program that is already opened, it gives me a window about the quarter size of normal. Normally, I would then move my cursor to click on the small window and it would bring it up to the top. But as soon as I leave the taskbar, the small window disappears and the main window on top is the only visible one. This happened to the small window that happened when I ran "Winver". How do I go back to how it was before.

:)

SalLivreri, Oct 28, 2019

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 28, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    One Window hides another window When it is maximized and when it is clicked on taskbar it never shows it runs on the back of maximized window and never display untill maximized window is minimized

Hi,

You might be experiencing this problem because the rendering layer priority of the maximized application is respected even when you switch focus to another program. Normally, when you maximize an application, it will hide or cover all other applications
    until you switch to a different program. To help us identify the cause of this behavior, we would like to know the following information:

• Do you only experience this issue with a particular program?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, you might also be experiencing this issue because Windows Explorer (Explorer.exe) is not working correctly or not responding.
    Windows Explorer is the process that provides the graphical interface such as the Start menu, taskbar, notification area, and File Explorer. To sort this issue, we suggest that you restart Windows Explorer. The easiest way is by restarting your computer.
    If you do not want to restart your computer, you can also follow the steps below:

• Hold Ctrl+Shift while right-clicking on an empty area of the taskbar.
    • On the modified context menu, select Exit Explorer. The Start menu and taskbar should disappear.
    • Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
    • Click More details on the bottom part of the window.
    • Click on the File menu, and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe, and click OK.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Oct 28, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar

1. Windows will not maximize when clicked from staskbar - Similar Threads - maximize clicked staskbar

2. Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...: I used to click the title bar to place a window to a difference location in the screen. But now with the new Windows 11, it automically maximizes the full screen. Not sure why this is useful. I need to disable it. How to disable it ? I am searching for a couple of hours...
  3. Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11: how to disable automatic window maximizing when doing a single click on its...: I used to click the title bar to place a window to a difference location in the screen. But now with the new Windows 11, it automically maximizes the full screen. Not sure why this is useful. I need to disable it. How to disable it ? I am searching for a couple of hours...
  4. Maximized Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximized Window: How do you fix this?Basically when I drag a window. no matter where I place it on the screen. it will always go maximize. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximized-window/ca519072-6775-4af9-b11f-ff5c83203682
  5. Top 10% of maximized windows aren't there, clicking in space interacts with window...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Top 10% of maximized windows aren't there, clicking in space interacts with window...: The top 10% or so of my maximized windows are transparent and clicking in that space interacts with the inactive window behind. Oddly, this isn't a permanent condition, and if I press F11 for full screen and F11 again to return, then the full maximized window is visible and...
  6. How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to Disable Double-Click to Maximize Windows Vertically in Windows: In Windows, you can maximize a window vertically by performing one of the following actions: While the window is active, press the Shift + Windows + Up arrow keys to maximize the window vertically, and press the Shift + Windows + Down arrow keys to restore/minimize the...
  7. Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons

Cannot click taskbar or window minimize, maximize, and close icons: Since the last week the computer has gone into a mode where the taskbar and window interaction icons cannot be clicked. Chrome tabs cannot be interacted with. Keyboard navigation works. The Mouse doesn't seem to have anything to do with it-- neither external mouse nor...
  8. Maximizing windows

Maximizing windows: How can one open files in File Explorer in maximum window size? I have tried every suggestion and they are only in small squares and unreadable. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/maximizing-windows/774de022-c69a-4b85-9e02-9f9ef94aa835
  9. Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem when clicking on top of Focused Maximized window: Hi, I have been seeing a problem in windows recently and it is driving me crazy. When I have multiple windows maximized on the same screen and I click on the very top of the focused on (either to move or exit) it sometimes moves the window behind my maximized focused window....
  10. Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized

Desktop is covered by the taskbar when Windows is maximized: When I maximize Windows, I see the bottom scroll bar behind the task bar. I haven’t had this issue before. I’d like to have the desktop not covered by the taskbar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. program in windowns 10 runs minimized even when properties say to run maximized