Windows 10: Windows will not open on startup

Discus and support Windows will not open on startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 will not open on startup. Small box opens on screen C:\WINDOWS\system32\LoginUl.exe It flashes on & off. Says to Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RONHAWK35088, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Windows will not open on startup

Windows 10 will not open on startup. Small box opens on screen C:\WINDOWS\system32\LoginUl.exe
    It flashes on & off. Says to Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to unlock. Nothing happens when I do it. I have used the power button several times to turn the computer off & on to no avail. Screen opens to same message every time. It won't allow my cusor to enter the message box. The box disappears when I attempt to move the cusor near the box. Help! Any ideas anyone?

:)

RONHAWK35088, Nov 11, 2016
  2. hpholm Win User

1520 will not startup - Stuck on Windows Logo after trying to install 8.1

If the phone is not recognized by the Nokia Software Recovery Tool, then the first troubleshooting step is to find and make sure to use the USB cable that came with the phone...

hpholm, Nov 11, 2016
  3. 1520 will not startup - Stuck on Windows Logo after trying to install 8.1

Hello,

I can't seem to figure out my Lumia 1520 start up issue.

I had windows 8.1 developer preview on my 1520. I was told that i needed to roll back to 8.0 for the device to recognize that the cyan update is available. I used the nokia recovery tool to do that. My device was then on 8.0

After that I got notification that I had an update that "prepared" my device for windows 8.1, so i installed that. It went through a restart and booted up.

After restarting I got another notification that I had another update for Windows Phone 8.1 cyan. So i procedded to install that. After it downloaded an installed the device went into a reboot. When it came out of the reboot it stayed stuck on the Blue
    Windows logo screen.

I have tried both a soft and hard reset. Both do the same thing, after start up I get the nokia logo then it goes to the Windows Logo (Blue in color, center of screen) and stays there. It will stay there until it dies, or if I have it plugged into a computer
    or charger it will stay there forever (i even had it on that screen for over 30 hours!!)

I tried the nokia recovery tool but it says it can't recognize my device, I am assuming this is because of Windows Phone 8.1 being on there...not sure tho. Any help is greatly appreciated, considering I am without a phone right now.

ribsrockers, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Windows will not open on startup

RONHAWK35088,

Welcome to the Forum!

The file LoginUl.exe pertains to the Windows Logon User Interface Host. It is legit. It may be corrupted.

Please try shutting down the computer pressing the Power button. You may have to press it for 15-20 seconds until it eventually shuts down.

Now, press the Power button to turn on the PC, and, just as Windows starts to load (round dots rotating), press and hold the power button down until it turns off.

Repeat the same actions two more times, and, on the third (sometimes fourth) try, instead of the round dots, the PC should boot into recovery mode trying to do a fix. This usually fails, and then you are given recovery/repair options in the Windows Recovery Environment.

In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click: Troubleshoot > next window click: Advanced Options, and at the next window click: Automatic Repair (Fix problems that keep Windows from loading.)

Give it a whirl and let us know what develops.

cottonball, Nov 12, 2016
  5. Thank you, thank you, thank you, cottonball, followed your directions and my computer is up and running again. I just joined this forum and got help from you the same day. Doesn't get any better than that. Hope I can learn a lot more
    from this forum.
    Thank you once again! You're a lifesaver.

RONHAWK35088, Nov 13, 2016
  6. RONHAWK35088,

Glad the issue with your computer has gone away. *Smile

As mentioned before, LoginUl.exe is legit, so the Automatic Repair was the first option that came to mind.

However, if you like, you can also upload the file to VirusTotal for a security check:
    VirusTotal - Free Online Virus, Malware and URL Scanner

Select: Choose File, and a prompt opens for you to locate the file.

Then, click the Scan it! button.

If the file is listed as already analyzed, click on: Re-analyse file now.

You should come up with good results. If not, post the http:// link to the scan results.

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows will not open on startup

1. Windows will not open on startup - Similar Threads - open startup

2. Folders keep opening on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folders keep opening on startup: My startup keeps opening a lot of folders. I figured out that those folders are all located in my startup folder so I deleted them. However, when I restart, those folders exist again....
  3. Folders keep opening on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folders keep opening on startup: My startup keeps opening a lot of folders. I figured out that those folders are all located in my startup folder so I deleted them. However, when I restart, those folders exist again....
  4. Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup: I'm not sure what is causing this popup, but it happens after every restart. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? winver: Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447...
  5. Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup

Remove popup "Get an app to open 'settings.ext.modulescreenmode' link" at startup: I'm not sure what is causing this popup, but it happens after every restart. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? winver: Version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3447...
  6. Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu: Recently after restarting my PC Windows is stuck on not being able to open essentially anything, I tried a system restore to fix it didn't work though. I really don't want to reinstall but this has already happened to me last week on windows 10...
  7. Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu

Windows 11 now on startup cannot open any programs, settings, or home menu: Recently after restarting my PC Windows is stuck on not being able to open essentially anything, I tried a system restore to fix it didn't work though. I really don't want to reinstall but this has already happened to me last week on windows 10...
  8. Why does Command Prompt restart my pc when I open it from the startup menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Command Prompt restart my pc when I open it from the startup menu?: My Rest this PC option will not work, I am watching a tutorial on how to fix it and I need to access this version of CMD to try this fix. I hold shift and press restart to go into the start up menu, I click Command Prompt and my pc just goes black and a few seconds later I'm...
  9. Why does Command Prompt restart my pc when I open it from the startup menu?

Why does Command Prompt restart my pc when I open it from the startup menu?: My Rest this PC option will not work, I am watching a tutorial on how to fix it and I need to access this version of CMD to try this fix. I hold shift and press restart to go into the start up menu, I click Command Prompt and my pc just goes black and a few seconds later I'm...
  10. Why does Command Prompt restart my pc when I open it from the startup menu?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade