Windows 10: Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup

Discus and support Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Education in the hopes that it would fix itself, but I've had zero luck so far. Basically, whenever I turn on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SundryCave60793, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup

So, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Education in the hopes that it would fix itself, but I've had zero luck so far. Basically, whenever I turn on my computer, there's a 75% chance that my keyboard and mouse (both wired USB) will not function in Windows. They work perfectly on other computers. They work fine in the BIOS, but they will not work in Windows. The only way I have gotten them to work is by power cycling until the OS decides that now it is going to take input.

Here's what I have done so far:

1) Tried a different keyboard and mouse, both known to be functioning. This didn't work.

2) Uninstalled and re-installed the drivers for both keyboard and mouse. This didn't work.

3) Installed a clean version of Windows. Still didn't work.

I've run out of things to try at this point. To make matters worse, sometimes when the keyboard and mouse do happen to work, Windows decides to detect only one of my monitors. Anybody else had this problem before and know a fix?

:)

SundryCave60793, Sep 26, 2019
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Sep 26, 2019
  4. XDCash Win User

Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup

Windows 10 Login Screen - Not recognizes any keyboard and mouse

Windows 10 Login Screen not recognizes to ANY keyboard and mouse (both wired and wireless) but when power up to start up and the keyboard is working fine before login screen.

BUT - I am able to enter BIOS (keyboard working fine) and Acer Recovery Program (pressed by ALT + F10) and both keyboard and mouse working fine.

ONLY Login Screen not working where I have to type in password to unlock screen, however the keyboard’s number lock light went off when got on that screen, before that - it was light on while I am on BIOS and Recovery Program.

This not even make sense.

However, I tried those list.

• System restore (failed third times).
    • Refresh PC (failed).
    • Startup Repair (failed).
    • Tried go on safe mode but keyboard and mouse not recognizing.
    • I tried unplug both usb and restart without it until login screen open and reconnect both keyboard and mouse, still not recognizing.

I tried everything, seem nothing work at the login screen.

Any advice?

XDCash, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup

1. Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup - Similar Threads - recognize keyboard mouse

2. Keyboard and mouse not working on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse not working on startup: I'm not sure why this started happening out of nowhere. I uninstalled Steam and a snipping tool I didn't need and restarted to finish the uninstalls, now my keyboard and mouse don't work so I can't enter my password to use any of the solutions I found online and I can't boot...
  3. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  4. KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KEYBOARD RECOGNIZED AS MOUSE.: hello, im using asus rog x13, windows 11, this problmes happened recently, my laptop keyboard isn't working and when i opened device manager, it shows that my keyboard location is at my mouse which is Razer orochi v2 been using it for few weeks. I've tried updating the driver...
  5. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup?: My mouse and keyboard just stopped working last night after I had to restart my PC because Discord froze. When I booted up my PC again, my keyboard and mouse would light up for a few seconds and then turn off, and I couldn't use them to log in.I've tried:Unplugging my...
  6. Wireless mouse recognized as keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse recognized as keyboard: So, I was playing some games yesterday but suddenly my mouse just turned off and unconnected out of PC. First I thought that my mouse just died because i didn't charge it for a while. Well i wasn't right, so I have open settings to check if mouse receiver is plugged...
  7. Wireless mouse recognized as keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse recognized as keyboard: So, I was playing some games yesterday but suddenly my mouse just turned off and unconnected out of PC. First I thought that my mouse just died because i didn't charge it for a while. Well i wasn't right, so I have open settings to check if mouse receiver is plugged...
  8. Wireless mouse recognized as keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Mouse Recognized As Keyboard

Mouse Recognized As Keyboard: I got a new computer today, and once I set it up, I realized how high the mouse speed was. I was looking into ways to turn it down, but none of the options shown in the videos appear. I went into the control panel, then the devices tab and my mouse was recognized as a...
  10. Mouse recognized as a keyboard

Mouse recognized as a keyboard: When I plugged in my mouse into my pc it seems to flash the leds on the mouse also it doesn't want work. When I went into the device control panel I realized my mouse was show as a keyboard not a mouse. Sometimes the mouse works fine but I can't use the Razer program for...