Windows 10: Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

Discus and support Window's will not start, not even in safe mode. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have a self built PC that has window's 10 on it, so this may make things a little tough, I've had it for years with no issues though, so it makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sami H25, Feb 13, 2021.

1. Sami H25 Win User

Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

So I have a self built PC that has window's 10 on it, so this may make things a little tough, I've had it for years with no issues though, so it makes me think it has to be an issue with a recent update. I did check to make sure everything in my computer is connected so that is not an issue.

I am not able to even log in to the PC, it will not even get past the "there was an issue starting window's" screen.

So here is the issue and what all I have tried,

The first thing I tried was an obvious shut down, restart. no luck.

PC automatic diagnostic/repair mode, no luck.

Boot menu, fixboot, ended up with access denied for some reason.

Boot menu, changing disk C: to V: to try and fix the access deny.

Retried the Boot menu, fixboot, no luck.

Boot menu, fixmbr, /rebuildbcd, no luck.

I then started to give up and decided it was probably best to just wipe and start clean. I back up all of my files online, which I never thought was an issue until this point, as now I realize I have no back up to start from, So that isn't an option... so I was going to do a hard reset, but save the files, well it "ran into a problem and couldn't reset, nothing was changed", so I tried the option that erased my files, even though I didn't want to, and same prompt.

From there the last thing I tried was putting the ISO version of window's 10 onto a flash drive that was formatted to FAT32. I thought for sure this would work, I am not sure if I am just stupid and did it wrong or what, but I tried the menu option System Image Recovery, and no luck. Of course I tried to reset once the flash drive was connected as well hoping it would "some how" know to use it... I don't know, at this point I am beyond confused.

:)

Sami H25, Feb 13, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Feb 13, 2021
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

Akheel Ahmed, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Window's will not start, not even in safe mode.

1. Window's will not start, not even in safe mode. - Similar Threads - Window's start safe

2. Updates are underway - Windows not even starting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates are underway - Windows not even starting in safe mode: I got an automated windows update last night on my Asus laptop, and it is runnig whole night. I teied yo restart PC but even after restart it goesback to updates underway screen and keeps restarting. I have tries to follow options to start laptop in safe mode but its not...
  3. Updates are underway - Windows not even starting in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updates are underway - Windows not even starting in safe mode: I got an automated windows update last night on my Asus laptop, and it is runnig whole night. I teied yo restart PC but even after restart it goesback to updates underway screen and keeps restarting. I have tries to follow options to start laptop in safe mode but its not...
  4. Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...: Following a recent windows update my computer started up in safe mode. I was able to get it out of safe mode by restarting but now every time I start up my laptop it starts in safe mode and takes several tries to start up at all, keeps saying it can't load my user profile. I...
  5. Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...

Computer keeps starting in safe mode, even though safe boot is unchecked in the system...: Following a recent windows update my computer started up in safe mode. I was able to get it out of safe mode by restarting but now every time I start up my laptop it starts in safe mode and takes several tries to start up at all, keeps saying it can't load my user profile. I...
  6. Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis: Hello, a few hours ago I was studying on my laptop SAMSUNG Expert, Windows 11 and I left it alone for no more then a minute and came back to a blue screen. It said it had a store exception. i searched the Microsoft forums for a while and it turned of. I tried to turn it on...
  7. Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis

Computer wont start not even on safe mode, cant diagnosis: Hello, a few hours ago I was studying on my laptop SAMSUNG Expert, Windows 11 and I left it alone for no more then a minute and came back to a blue screen. It said it had a store exception. i searched the Microsoft forums for a while and it turned of. I tried to turn it on...
  8. Windows stuck on a loop cant even start on safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows stuck on a loop cant even start on safe mode: Goes on a loop saying diagnosing your pc then blue screen saying your pc did not start correctly. submitted by /u/whitedukee [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ulvfb7/windows_stuck_on_a_loop_cant_even_start_on_safe/
  9. Starting in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Starting in Safe Mode: When I attempt to restart my computer via >Settings>Update & Security>Advance Options>Recovery-Restart now when I get to the sign-in screen it does not accept the pin I use when I sign in normally. I even tried my Microsoft password and that did not work. How do I sign in...
  10. Not even safe mode works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not even safe mode works: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dranedagger4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl2ju6/not_even_safe_mode_works/