Windows 10: Windows will not update and getting many different blue screen stop codes

Discus and support Windows will not update and getting many different blue screen stop codes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok. This is a relatively new computer that I cannot update Windows. I am getting error code: 2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcMc16615, May 3, 2020.

1. Windows will not update and getting many different blue screen stop codes

Ok. This is a relatively new computer that I cannot update Windows. I am getting error code:

2020-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 - Error 0x8000ffff

The computer is also crashing repeatedly getting stop codes:

system_service_exception

critical_structure_corruption

kernel_security_check_failure

driver_power_state_failure

dpc_watchdog_violation

memory_management

IRQL_not_less_or_equal

system_thread_exception_thread_not_handled

I have updated the bios and all drivers that I can think of and run a windows memory check. Any suggestions?

Here are my system details:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name DESKTOP-AE92KIP

System Manufacturer System manufacturer

System Model System Product Name

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU SKU

Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Cores, 12 Logical Processors

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3003, 12/9/2019

SMBIOS Version 3.2

Embedded Controller Version 255.255

BIOS Mode Legacy

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx

Platform Role Desktop

Secure Boot State Unsupported

PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible

Windows Directory C:\Windows

System Directory C:\Windows\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United States

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.387"

User Name DESKTOP-AE92KIP\Quinten

Time Zone Central Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory RAM 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 12.3 GB

Total Virtual Memory 18.3 GB

Available Virtual Memory 12.7 GB

Page File Space 2.38 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: TPM is not usable, PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA capable bus/devices detected, TPM is not usable

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB installed

Also 500GB m.2 SSD

:)

MarcMc16615, May 3, 2020

2. getting blue screen error/Stop Code

Hi Abhijit,

Stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE is probably due to a compatibility issue with the driver, as most blue screen errors are. Since you encountered this error after updating Windows, most probably, you would need to update the drivers
    as well.

We suggest that you go through the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.
    On step 1, select After an update was installed.

Kindly update us on the results.

Patricia Yu, May 3, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, May 3, 2020
  4. Windows will not update and getting many different blue screen stop codes

BLUE SCREEN STOP CODE KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

I have followed the numerous steps advised by Microsoft to get into my account, have also done a complete system check. All is 100%. but I am still getting a blue screen with the above stop code. Any other suggestions out there???

LeonieSubramoney, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Windows will not update and getting many different blue screen stop codes

1. Windows will not update and getting many different blue screen stop codes - Similar Threads - update getting many

2. my laptop keep giving me many blue screen and many stop codes in raw and refuse to get to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my laptop keep giving me many blue screen and many stop codes in raw and refuse to get to...: Hey, I have windows 10 on my core i3 4th gen since 2016.recently it asked me to download some update called 22H2 something something it started with my old HDD which I think it was almost died but now ok after fixing it and now my new SSD got so many problems of getting many...
  3. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10: Hi, I've been having blue screen of death these past weeks with different stop codes. And it happens so fast I don't get to read the stop codes. I just notice they are different in each of the occurrences. Apart from that, my PC just hangs and shut down. I'll appreciate any...
  4. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10: Hi, I've been having blue screen of death these past weeks with different stop codes. And it happens so fast I don't get to read the stop codes. I just notice they are different in each of the occurrences. Apart from that, my PC just hangs and shut down. I'll appreciate any...
  5. BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH WITH DIFFERENT STOP CODES IN WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Getting Blue Screen of deaths with different error codes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Getting Blue Screen of deaths with different error codes.: I recently purchased a new laptop and windows came preinstalled with it. Since the day I have purchased it I am getting random blue screen of death. The peculiar thing is that the error codes are not same and I am getting varying error codes every time. Sometimes its...
  7. Constant blue screens with many different errors.

Constant blue screens with many different errors.: I've been having constant blue screens and I can't figure out what the problem is. Every time it blue screens it says something different. I've tried tons of different fixes and none worked. It bluescreens even in safe mode, but when I boot up into stopping it from...
  8. Blue Screen of Death with Different stop codes everytime.

Blue Screen of Death with Different stop codes everytime.: Hi! So online classes are gonna start soon and I would really want to get this fixed as soon as possible. So any suggestion and advice would really be appreciated. I guess lets start from the top. April 24th I had a virus and Storage was almost full so I wanted my PC to be...
  9. Regular blue screen errors with different stop codes

Regular blue screen errors with different stop codes: Hi there! Hopefully someone can help me with this issue. A few times per week, my laptop shows a blue error screen. However, it is very hard to identify what exactly the problem is. I've seen different stopcodes, which all could relate to driver issues. However, I've already...
  10. Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes

Regular Blue Screens...but with different stop codes: Over the course of the last few weeks, my PC has been periodically blue screening. It seems to happen randomly at any time, but the confusing kicker is that the stop code is different every time it happens. These are the ones that have shown up: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT...