Windows 10: Windows will not update, in some sort of loop

Discus and support Windows will not update, in some sort of loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there,I have been "updating" windows for a while now, but it never seems to actually work. Essentially what happens is it tells me that it needs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AaronTripodi, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Windows will not update, in some sort of loop

Hi there,I have been "updating" windows for a while now, but it never seems to actually work. Essentially what happens is it tells me that it needs to update with a restart, there's that little update symbol with the yellow dot in the bottom right of the start bar so I update it, and it seems fine for maybe a few hours. However, every single time I do this, it just fails and loops back to needing updates again. I have no idea how to fix this. I have run the update troubleshooter, which says "can't detect any problems". I thought maybe it was because there was something wrong with my drive. I

:)

AaronTripodi, Jun 24, 2021
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Jun 24, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows will not update, in some sort of loop

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Windows will not update, in some sort of loop :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows will not update, in some sort of loop

1. Windows will not update, in some sort of loop - Similar Threads - update sort loop

2. Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?: So I tried to root my lenovo but I got orange-state bootloop I only now realized root sucks and really has no privileges, but this isn't the point of this post so in an effort to try to fix if, I looked on YouTube and saw some videos about an windows app that can fix those...
  3. Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is UnlockerTool.exe a Virus of some sort?: So I tried to root my lenovo but I got orange-state bootloop I only now realized root sucks and really has no privileges, but this isn't the point of this post so in an effort to try to fix if, I looked on YouTube and saw some videos about an windows app that can fix those...
  4. Some sort of input delay on my keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some sort of input delay on my keyboard: Whenever I type or use my keyboard in general, there is a slight consistent delay where it stops receiving my input. This started happening for a week and I have tried several troubleshooting methods. I have tried different keyboards and my problem isn't fixed. So I'm sure it...
  5. Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?: I dont know if im paranoid because of odd problems with my pcs with the timing of some life events or if Im being hacked or played with. The past couple months Ive been getting odd errors trying to get into websites I used to have no problem with. Not alot just some specific...
  6. Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?

Is this a trojan or some sort of virus?: I dont know if im paranoid because of odd problems with my pcs with the timing of some life events or if Im being hacked or played with. The past couple months Ive been getting odd errors trying to get into websites I used to have no problem with. Not alot just some specific...
  7. Is this some sort of easteregg or something?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this some sort of easteregg or something?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MadJackTheThird [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktqyd8/is_this_some_sort_of_easteregg_or_something/
  8. Did Windows 10 push out some sort of Update recently?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Did Windows 10 push out some sort of Update recently?: Did Windows 10 push out some sort of Update recently? I turned on the computer and there was a big blue box to update. I didn't click on anything at all in any email. Any ideas?...
  9. Is there some sort of 'universal copy' application for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there some sort of 'universal copy' application for windows?: On smartphones, you often run into text which you cannot copy and the app universal copy enables you to do so anyways. It there a program that does the same for a Windows PC? submitted by /u/Zajum [link] [comments]...
  10. LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update

LibreOffice not loading after some sort of update: Windows did something to my machine late this afternoon. Now LiberOffice will not load, Shows okay in the start manager. I do not know how to get the specifications for the latest Windows update, so I cannot provide it. Guidance please. I use LibreOffice extensively....