Windows 10: Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes

Discus and support Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I've had a reoccurring issue with my ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD laptop for quite a while now. I purchased this laptop in 2019 running Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cameron .K, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes

Hi there, I've had a reoccurring issue with my ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD laptop for quite a while now. I purchased this laptop in 2019 running Windows 10 and soon after I noticed that the laptop would occasionally stall when restarting. Windows itself would seem to stop running, as the screen would go black, but the screen would remain on indefinitely until I held down on the power button to force turn off the PC. This would never have a negative impact on the system however, at least not that I know of. When turning on again it will run fine and act like it restarted successfully. I believe thi

:)

Cameron .K, Oct 19, 2021
  2. Frogger Win User

Modded Registry. Want Old Back....

did you try this

To restore the registry
    Open Registry Editor.
    Click Options, and then click Print to print these instructions. (If you are using the Help and Support Center, click Print above the topic area.) They will not be available after you shut down your computer in step 2.
    Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
    In the list, click Restart, and then click OK.
    When you see the message Please select the operating system to start, press F8.
    Use the arrow keys to highlight Last Known Good Configuration, and then press ENTER.
    NUM LOCK must be off before the arrow keys on the numeric keypad will function.

Use the arrow keys to highlight an operating system, and then press ENTER.
    Caution

Incorrectly editing the registry may severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data on your computer.
    Notes

To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
    Choosing Last Known Good Configuration provides a way to recover from problems such as a newly added driver that may be incorrect for your hardware. It does not solve problems caused by corrupted or missing drivers or files.
    When you choose Last Known Good Configuration, Windows restores information in registry key HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet only. Any changes you have made in other registry keys remain.

Frogger, Oct 19, 2021
  3. Primary mouse button default changes on restart

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit
      Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
      Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse
    • In the right pane, change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 19, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes

Windows 10 update stall at 99%

Hi Trevor,

Please answer these question to assist you better.

When you say 'update to Windows 10 stalling at 99%' are you referring to upgrade to Windows 10 is stuck or unable to update Windows to different builds?

If your upgrade to Windows 10 Is stuck at 99% then refer the link below suggested by
    Ander Da Costa on May 6, 2016 and follow the steps suggested.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ck-at-99/daed1cf2-7811-4808-9f79-ddffd789bb94

If you are referring to Windows updates then follow the steps and check.

Run the Update Troubleshooter on the computer.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you further. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes

1. Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes - Similar Threads - occasionally stall restarting

2. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  3. Possible stalled installation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible stalled installation?: My hp envy was stuck for 2 hours yesterday apparently installing something. Couldnt get past screen with hp logo and circling thingie. I Called service and they recommended hard reset, after which I have the same display, now running for 24 + hours. Could this be a Microsoft...
  4. Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will occasionally stall when restarting possibly after registry changes: Hi there, I've had a reoccurring issue with my ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DD laptop for quite a while now. I purchased this laptop in 2019 running Windows 10 and soon after I noticed that the laptop would occasionally stall when restarting. Windows itself would seem to stop...
  5. Could not log in after I changed registry permission and restarted device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Could not log in after I changed registry permission and restarted device: So I was trying to install NordVPN, at the end of the installation it gave me an error, something about RegSetValueEx and error 5, I did some searching and it requires me to edit registry permission.So i went ahead and did that, I might have done something wrong because after...
  6. Registry change keeps reverting back after restart.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Registry change keeps reverting back after restart.: so my laptop has a popping sound problem and I fix it by using this method, I change all the registry value to 00 from the default 05. it keeps the registry value when I use shut down but it keeps reverting back to default (05) if I use a restart or if there's a windows...
  7. Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to block the system from changing a registry key?: Hi. I followed this tutorial for changing the color of the top bar to black without changing it in other areas like the start menu. And it works, but when I open some apps Windows changes it automatically, so I have to deny access to "set value" for the DWM in the registry...
  8. Registry changes reset after restarting PC, but only for some changes. Problem is with PDF...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry changes reset after restarting PC, but only for some changes. Problem is with PDF...: Hello. Very quick backstory is we run a web-based software that has an integration program that allows us to open PDFs from this software. It does not currently work unless you open Reader and click to make it the default handler, even if you already have Adobe as your...
  9. Windows in restart loop after changing a registry key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows in restart loop after changing a registry key: Hi, I was looking to change the display font for some applications in windows 10, I changed the key for MS Shell dlg2 in HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Windows NT/CurrentVersion/FontSubstitues/ from "Tahoma" to "Segoe UI" after restart I, windows wont start. the boot dots...
  10. possible registry corruption

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    possible registry corruption: Hi, so today I installed a trial version of Vegas video editing software. I tried it out and, it wasn't what I was expecting so I immediately uninstalled it. After uninstalling it I saw all the files still in my C drive so I went and did a system restore. Unfortunately it got...