Windows 10: Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB

Discus and support Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 68 GB free on the partition. I recently installed lubuntu incase that would affect anything.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Policepigeon, Mar 7, 2022.

1. Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB

I have 68 GB free on the partition. I recently installed lubuntu incase that would affect anything.

:)

Policepigeon, Mar 7, 2022
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Can I partition my C drive without losing installed software

Hello,

To create partition and to manage your personal data, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and select Disk Management.
    • In the Disk Management window, right-click your C: partition and select
      Shrink Volume.
    • Enter the amount of desired space you want to shrink the partition in MB.
    • right-click inside the Unallocated space and click New Simple Volume.
    • Go through the wizard and assign your desired drive letter to the new partition.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Dyan Rey, Mar 7, 2022
  3. Dev-kumar Win User
    Partition of the drive c

I have purchased a laptop with memory 1 TB, NOW IN C drive 908 Gb in whcih 883 free available in c drive, now i want to make partition of c drive like on c drive 200 GB AND remaining in d and e drive each 340Gb , but when

shrinking the existing drive showing the fillowing pic attached
    Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB [​IMG]

Like total size befor shrink in c 930066mb

Size available shrink space in mb 8533 mb

Enter the amount of space to shrink 8533mb

Total size after shrink in mb 921533mb

Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB [​IMG]

Dev-kumar, Mar 7, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB

Shrinking C: drive

Hi Krischankailee

Try defragmenting your C drive before attempting to shrink you drive, there may be some unmovable files that are causing this

If you still cannot shrink your C drive, due to the limited ability of Windows 10 partitioning, it may be best to use a 3rd party utility like the Free version of AOMEI Partition Assistant, which is fully featured and very capable . . .

DaveM121, Mar 7, 2022
Thema:

Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB

1. Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB - Similar Threads - let shrink drive

2. How to shrink my c drive in window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to shrink my c drive in window: I want to shrink my c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shrink-my-c-drive-in-window/ec77834b-d5f0-4bf7-98f0-e1fb0114bd62
  3. How to shrink my c drive in window

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to shrink my c drive in window: I want to shrink my c drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shrink-my-c-drive-in-window/ec77834b-d5f0-4bf7-98f0-e1fb0114bd62
  4. Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB: I have 68 GB free on the partition. I recently installed lubuntu incase that would affect anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-only-let-me-shrink-my-c-drive/533c986f-f9eb-4b9d-9e4d-ae1d4cb0c27f
  5. Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will only let me shrink my c drive partition by 914 MB: I have 68 GB free on the partition. I recently installed lubuntu incase that would affect anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-will-only-let-me-shrink-my-c-drive/533c986f-f9eb-4b9d-9e4d-ae1d4cb0c27f
  6. Shrinking C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Shrinking C: Drive: I want to shrink my C: drive but it seems that I can't shrink it beyond 17440mb. Why is that? I tried some solution. I disabled auto managing of page file for all drives. I even ran a SFC scan. But it is not solved. The picture is attached below: [ATTACH]...
  7. My drive c is shrinking?

My drive c is shrinking?: So it has been a week that I notice my drive c is shrinking....is it normal? I got some error on my drive c about data loss but that caused by a force shutdown...and im not planning to reinstall my windows if that's your answer I don't have any important data expect main...
  8. Shrinking C: drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shrinking C: drive: Hi I am trying to shrink my C: drive so i can make a partition out of it but i can't seem to do it. When i shrink the drive it just loads when i try to check what's happening in the drive through defragment its stuck at 43% shrunk. Am i doing something wrong ?...
  9. shrink size of c drive while partitioning

shrink size of c drive while partitioning: Error "Access is denied" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shrink-size-of-c-drive-while-partitioning/9d56b50a-0b10-406b-bdd5-0bb96bdf9791"
  10. Not letting me expand C; partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Not letting me expand C; partition: I attempted to remove some memory from my D; partition to the C; partition, but it wont allow me to expand the C; partition. I am sure they are on the same hard drive and don't understand what the problem is. It says I have 600 gb of unallocated memory but it wont let me...