Windows 10: Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options

Discus and support Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I own a Dell Inspiron and I fiddled through Boot options a few hours prior and when i went to boot my computer it shows IPV4, Windows still shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dalsapy, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Dalsapy Win User

Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options

Hello I own a Dell Inspiron and I fiddled through Boot options a few hours prior and when i went to boot my computer it shows IPV4, Windows still shows up in Setup Boot but it is not there in Boot Options

:)

Dalsapy, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Aug 9, 2020
  3. Booting option does not show up

Hi Mahender,

Good day! I am Independent Advisor Louie S.. and a Microsoft/Windows user just like you. I am glad to be able to provide assistance for you today.

If your computer boot directly into Windows 10 without dual boot options, you can try deactivating fast boot function of Windows 10 and then restart your PC. Here is what you should do to disable fast boot after you boot into Windows 10.

Step 1: Click Start button and click Settings icon. Choose System and navigate to Power & sleep. Then, click Additional power settings.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/images/uploads/...

Step 2: Click Choose what the power button does. Then, click Change settings that are currently unavailable. Finally, uncheck Turn on fast startup and click Save changes button.

https://www.partitionwizard.com/images/uploads/...

After turning off the fast startup, you can then restart your PC to see whether the problem is solved.

Hope it helps. Let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

Louie S.

Louie Simbajon, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options

UEFI boot options disappeared from BIOS; now getting reboot and select proper boot device

In short, I need to get the system/BIOS to allow UEFI booting of the SSD.

Computer started up today with default BIOS settings.

• Only SSD 1(Windows boot) and SSD 2 were listed in BIOS; HDD 1 and HDD 2 were not visible
    • System would not boot. Gave the 'reboot and select proper boot device' message
    • Boot menu has no UEFI/EFI (or Windows Boot Manager) entries anymore
    I went into Partition Magic/Gparted and confirmed :

• All drives are still showing
    • All drives' data is in tact [EFI volume/partition is still listed (and can be browsed/files accessible)]
    Gparted print out (note dev/sda2 apparently that is normal behavior) :

/dev/sda1 (locked) EFI System Partition--Fat32--/media/sda1--100.00mb--46.81MiB--53.19MiB--boot,esp
    /dev/sda2 (exclamation mark) Microsoft reserved partition--unknown file system--no mount point--128.00MiB--unused spaced--msftres
    /dev/sda3 basic data partition--ntfs--/media/sda3--118.58GiB--70.78GiB--47.80GiB--msftdata
    /dev/sda4--ntfs--/media/sda4--450.00MiB--327.71MiB--122.29MiB--hidden,diag

As I am able to boot Windows installation from USB, I tried the standard startup repair. It said it was not able to fix any problems.

Next I tried to repair the EFI with Diskpart in the shell:

• sel vol 1 (note that Diskpart states EFI partition is 'hidden')
    • assign letter=z:
    • cd /d z:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\
    • bootrec /fixboot
    • bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-us /s vz /f ALL
    It completed all tasks successfully. Unfortunately that did not work.

Other things I have tried :

• Removing CMOS battery and replacing with a new one - my HDD started showing up again after doing this.
    • Using the old MBR commands(in hopes it would force the Windows startup repair to recognize and fix a problem)
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot
    bootrec /scanos
    bootrec /rebuildbcd​
    • Loaded BIOS 'optimized'/defaults (the system did this already once before, hence why I am in this situation, though doing it manually seemed like an option worth trying. Note that after doing this and restarting the system, HDD's stopped showing again)
    • Removed new CMOS battery and left it out of the system for thirty minutes
    • Formatted EFI and msftres partitions, then rebuilt the EFI boot records
    In summary, am looking to force the BIOS to see the EFI partition on the SSD boot drive, as it is not an option any longer.

newconroer, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options

1. Windows will show up in Setup Boot but not in Boot Options - Similar Threads - show Setup Boot

2. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  3. Dual boot option not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot option not showing: Have Windows 7 and installed now istalled windows 10 on seperate drive but DUAL BOOT Option not showing help pleaseBoth drives show in BIOS and if changed in BIOS can boot to each OS But...I need option on start up of selecting the OS.Asus Mobo windows 7 on 500gb SSD and...
  4. Secure boot option is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure boot option is not showing: I have 32 bit operating system lg company's pc.I try to update 64 bit version of windows 10 using bootable pendrive. But secure boot option is not showing in my pc's bios.what should I do?...
  5. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?: I try to boot my computer and it says reboot and select proper boot device. When I go to my bios what usually shows windows boot manager along with my ssd and hdd isn’t there. Now it is only showing my ssd and hdd and neither are being able to boot....
  6. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?: I try to boot my computer and it says reboot and select proper boot device. When I go to my bios what usually shows windows boot manager along with my ssd and hdd isn’t there. Now it is only showing my ssd and hdd and neither are being able to boot....
  7. Why is windows boot manager not showing up in my boot options?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option: So i had windows 11 on my old pc on a ssd and gave that computer away but took my ssd and put it in my new system which had windows 10 preinstalled so i connect the ssd and it shows up fine in file manager and i can read and write from it but i cant boot to windows 11 i even...
  9. Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option

Windows 11 Does Not Show Up As A Boot Option: So i had windows 11 on my old pc on a ssd and gave that computer away but took my ssd and put it in my new system which had windows 10 preinstalled so i connect the ssd and it shows up fine in file manager and i can read and write from it but i cant boot to windows 11 i even...
  10. Booting option does not show up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting option does not show up: installed window 10 in partition c and window 7 in partition D on my pc on same disc but window 7 boot option does not show up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-option-does-not-show-up/c4397526-011e-40b8-a918-ff7ac8c2b8c4