Windows 10: Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

Discus and support Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am still having issues with my Windows PC after I put it to sleep. I've already went into Control Panel> Hardware and Sound,>Power Options>... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Christinaszeman, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

Hello,I am still having issues with my Windows PC after I put it to sleep. I've already went into Control Panel> Hardware and Sound,>Power Options> Balanced> Change Settings For Plan> And Change Advance Power Setting. When I checked under Allow hybrid sleep under the Sleep option, both On battery and Plugged In are off.What else is causing my laptop not to go to sleep after I click on sleep?

:)

Christinaszeman, Aug 21, 2022

2. PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 21, 2022
  3. Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep

Hi, thank you. I could restart my surface pro 4 but still could not fix the Surface Pro 4 screen not turn on after sleep. I am still looking forward to hearing more suggestions to fix the black screen after sleep.

SokthearithYi, Aug 21, 2022
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10.

You mentioned that Bluetooth isn't working only if the computer have just been activated after sleep. To further isolate the issue, we suggest that you turn off hibernation. Follow this step by step instructions:

• Right click on the Start Menu button, and choose Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Enter the following line: powercfg /h off
    • Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Aug 21, 2022
Thema:

Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

1. Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep. - Similar Threads - still turn itself

2. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC not turning on after putting it on sleep: Yesterday night I put my pc on sleep thinking ill come back and use it later but I slept. When I woke up and tried pressing my spacebar key to wake the pc up it wasnt waking up. I tried several other keys aswell as my mouse buttons, and still it wasnt opening. I looked in the...
  3. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC not turning on after putting it on sleep: Yesterday night I put my pc on sleep thinking ill come back and use it later but I slept. When I woke up and tried pressing my spacebar key to wake the pc up it wasnt waking up. I tried several other keys aswell as my mouse buttons, and still it wasnt opening. I looked in the...
  4. PC not turning on after putting it on sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows will still turn itself on after I put it to sleep.: Hello,I am still having issues with my Windows PC after I put it to sleep. I've already went into Control Panel> Hardware and Sound,>Power Options> Balanced> Change Settings For Plan> And Change Advance Power Setting. When I checked under Allow hybrid sleep under the Sleep...
  6. Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping mode - PC turns on by itself: Some times it turns on immediately and some times it takes some hours after I select sleep mode. I already disabled "Allow wake timers" in Advanced settings / Power Opitions and saw a couple ways to fix this problem which involves the command "powercfg -lastwake" in the cmd...
  7. Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Wont Put Itself to Sleep?: As the title states for some reason my PC wont put itself to sleep? I know it has to be some application thats keeping it awake but Im genuinely at a loss as to what it might be. Ive tried everything from changing the sleep and power saving settings ( as I am on windows 10)...
  8. My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode

My pc restarts after I turn it on while I put it on sleep mode: My pc is restarting only when I put my pc on sleep mode. After I put it on sleep mode and turn it back on,everything was OK. Now my pc is restarting in random times when I turn it on and not sure why it is restarting. Why is my computer restarting when I put it on sleep mode...
  9. Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep.

Bluetooth automatically turns off after putting windows to sleep.: Whenever I put my windows to sleep and come back, the bluetooth is automatically turned off. There is also no way to turn it back on since there is no on and off toggle. I believe I have the latest driver. To get my bluetooth to reappear, I would have to turn off the power...
  10. Why my pc starts up by itself after put to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Why my pc starts up by itself after put to sleep: Windows 10 sometimes happening pretty often when I put my pc to sleep I find it going after a minute or so pls help me fix . 142445