Windows 10: Windows wiped my 1tb hdd while watching videos

Discus and support Windows wiped my 1tb hdd while watching videos in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! So, I tried to open steam, but the file was not found. I went to my HDD because it was installed there and there were 2 folders one was mine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RegőReiner, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Windows wiped my 1tb hdd while watching videos

Hi! So, I tried to open steam, but the file was not found. I went to my HDD because it was installed there and there were 2 folders one was mine and the other was named gibberish, and the size sunk to 40GB. I went to disk management, the other 900GB was unallocated. I went to allocate it, set a letter, could not open it. Booted to ubuntu from USB, It said no files.

I would like to ask how DID THIS HAPPEN, and why.

:)

RegőReiner, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 20, 2021
  4. PaulaNees Win User

Windows wiped my 1tb hdd while watching videos

Video on Facebook Watch

I have noticed the problem is not just on Facebook watch, its with other videos on Facebook also.

I did the trouble shooter as you instructed, and Facebook is not listed as a "windows store" app. Not sure what the next step would be.

Paula Nees

PaulaNees, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Windows wiped my 1tb hdd while watching videos

1. Windows wiped my 1tb hdd while watching videos - Similar Threads - wiped 1tb hdd

2. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  3. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1TB HDD: So i have a 1TB Barracuda HDD in my pc and my Local Disk C: has only 370GB and im wondering how i can use all of my leftover space and add it to my Local Disk C: , I also checked 'Create and format hard disk partions' and saw the other 560GB in primary just sitting there and...
  4. 1TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with Audio while Watching Video

Problem with Audio while Watching Video: In my case when iam watch a specific series some videos in 5 minutes after the sound gone only i well listening The backround musicAND SAME VIDEO I WATCH MY ANOTHER DEVICE THAT WELL SOUND IS EXITs WHY THIS PROBLEM...
  6. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  7. PC freezes while watching videos

PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  8. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Cant watch video while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant watch video while gaming: Hi, Dont know if this is the right place to post this but i give it a try. I am unable to watch a movie or look at youtube videos when i am gaming at the same time. The symptom is that the video laggs but the audio is fine sometimes. its like its dropping frames but when i...
  10. BSOD while watching a youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...