Windows 10: Windows without a license key

Discus and support Windows without a license key in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If i download windows 10 from Microsoft site and use it without license key is it legal?What about windows 7 or 8?Is it legal?I know about the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrsenq, Nov 20, 2019.

1. mrsenq Win User

Windows without a license key

If i download windows 10 from Microsoft site and use it without license key is it legal?What about windows 7 or 8?Is it legal?I know about the watermark sign and you can't change desktop background but i really wanna know if it's legal!I use it for me,not for a company or something else.

:)

mrsenq, Nov 20, 2019

2. Need help finding OS license key

you can do a couple things.. Hope this helps..

Mindweaver, Nov 20, 2019
  3. Windows License Key

Windows 10 Digital License

When you upgraded from a previous version of Windows or receive a new computer preinstalled with Windows 10, what happened is the hardware (your PC) will get a digital entitlement, where a unique signature of the computer will be stored on Microsoft
    Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics key.

Anytime you need to reinstall Windows 10 on that machine, just proceed to reinstall Windows 10. It will automatically reactivate. You will prompted to enter a product key a couple times through the installation, click I don't have
    a key and Do this later.

There is no need to know or get a new key, but if you have issues with Digital Licensing or the Activation Troubleshooter, you can utilize an existing Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1 product key you already own to
    reactivate if necessary. or use the reset function in Windows 10.

Activate Your Windows 10 License via Microsoft Chat Support

Reinstall by Performing a Direct Clean Install

If Windows 10 was already installed and activated on your system, just proceed to perform a direct clean install as described in the following articles.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, Nov 20, 2019
  4. Windows without a license key

Question On OEM Windows clean install......

"Flavors" of Windows licenses

Windows can be a little "odd" about license keys. There are at least 4 categories:
    • Retail
    • OEM
    • Volume (electronic download)
    • Corporate (no key needed)
    For guaranteed success, the license key and media should be in the same category. If you have retail media, you may not be able to install it using an OEM or Volume license key, even though the key is valid for that version of Windows. *Wtf :wtf: Apparently, this is part of Microsoft's anti-piracy scheme (i.e., all customers are guilty until proven innocent).

Static~Charge, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

Windows without a license key

1. Windows without a license key - Similar Threads - without license key

2. Windows VM without license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows VM without license: Hi,I have a VM with Windows Server trial version installed and cofigured with some software and some roles installed.I want to share this VM with my college friends to practice some exercices.Are there legal problems sharing unlicensing VM?Thanks!...
  3. Windows VM without license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows VM without license: Hi,I have a VM with Windows Server trial version installed and cofigured with some software and some roles installed.I want to share this VM with my college friends to practice some exercices.Are there legal problems sharing unlicensing VM?Thanks!...
  4. Windows VM without license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows License Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows License Key: Hello, I have a issue, before 2 years ago, I had a license key for windows education sended to me by Technical University of Sofia.I forgot that, and I reinstalled my Windows with professional version. But I forgot the Lincese key. Is it there a way to find it out?...
  6. Microsoft Windows 10 Home Without License Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home Without License Key: Can if get full featured MS Office Excel and Power bi support using Microsoft Windows 10 Home Without License Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-10-home-without-license-key/4137e553-d3a5-43a6-979c-59938820cdda
  7. Windows license key

Windows license key: My HDD is failing and hence have to buy a new SSD. How could I preserve my Windows license? I got my system approx 6 yr. back that came with Win 8 installed, no disks DVDs which was upgraded to Win 10. Is there a way to get my license details so that I may use it on my new...
  8. Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key

Uninstalling Windows 10 without losing license key: I would like to uninstall my current Windows 10 installation because I need to use Linux for a project but I plan to come back to Windows. If possible, I would like to avoid dual boot. So, I guess the optimal solution would be to just keep the license key and eventually...
  9. digital license worthless without key from box?

digital license worthless without key from box?: I moved to the other end of the world about 10 years ago and the pc that I brought me started to have problems and needed some new hardware. it ran on Win10 (free upgrade from Win7, not an OEM pc) activated and linked to my account (digital license). after changing the...
  10. Windows 10 without license

Windows 10 without license: [ATTACH] Hi Microsoft. I have a question. Whether if I use Windows 10 without license is mean I do a plowing action. Permission me for use Windows 10 without license for sometimes. I still save money to Buy Windows 10 license or Laptop with OEM Windows 10 2 month again I...