Windows 10: Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

Discus and support Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My hard drive crashed after the latest upgrade to 10 and it had to be replaced. When I try to log it wouldn't accept my password so I updated it. Now I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SharylJackson, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

My hard drive crashed after the latest upgrade to 10 and it had to be replaced. When I try to log it wouldn't accept my password so I updated it. Now I get this " We'll need your current password one last time and it tells me it is incorrect. Although, it accepted it on this page. How do I fix this?

:)

SharylJackson, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Doug399 Win User

Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

After Windows 10 update, signin screen won`t accept my pssword.

Sign-in screen won`t take my password after Windows 10 update on a new HP laptop. I had setup a pin login but now asks for Microsoft password which I wrote down and have used before but will not accept now.

Doug991

Doug399, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10

1. Windows won't accept password after upgrade to 10 - Similar Threads - won't accept password

2. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  3. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't accept password: My laptop encountered an error and I've been in a bit of a loop with the recovery part e.i. restarting and ending up with the error and then being told automatic repair can't fix the issue. Every attempt I've made to use things like command prompt and stuff like the reset...
  4. Windows won't accept password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update: I have a four year old Lenovo laptop and after a Windows 10 update it won't accept my password to let me login. There is no "forgot password" button anywhere, and if I attempt to uninstall features it asks me to login to the administrator account which is the account for...
  6. laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update: I have a four year old Lenovo laptop and after a Windows 10 update it won't accept my password to let me login. There is no "forgot password" button anywhere, and if I attempt to uninstall features it asks me to login to the administrator account which is the account for...
  7. laptop won't accept correct password after windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Laptop won't accept password

Laptop won't accept password: I have a laptop that won't accept my microsoft.com password. When I type in my password I get the message "That password is incorrect. Make sure you're using the password for your Microsoft account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".I am using the...
  9. Windows 10 won't accept password at login

Windows 10 won't accept password at login: When I tried turning on my desktop earlier today I was unable to login. It keeps saying my password is incorrect. Then it tells me i can reset at account.live.com/password/reset . It still didn't work. I've been searching around the internet all day and i still can't seem to...
  10. Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update

Windows 10 won't accept my password after an update: I left my boys laptop on overnight updating windows 10. In the morning when it started up the only account on the PC it wouldn't accept the password , said it was incorrect. I checked using the eye In case keyboard error was typing wrong key. Flight mode has been activated...