Windows 10: windows won't activate after changing my hardware

Discus and support windows won't activate after changing my hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; so recently about a week ago my ram burnt because "it wasn't installed properly" despite it working properly on this system for more than 2 year, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by whycantwindowsbefree, Jan 19, 2019.

1. windows won't activate after changing my hardware

so recently about a week ago my ram burnt because "it wasn't installed properly" despite it working properly on this system for more than 2 year, when i took it to the shop and figured out the problem and bought new ram at the store they offered to install it for free, I didn't want to risk messing up such a simple task so i let them do it. When i tried to login to windows i believe it prompted me with some kind of user data error or something like that. So they offered me a fresh reinstall of windows 10 pro and they installed it and i left. Now its asking me about reactivating it and i was like "sure what eves i bought windows 10 pro with my pops 2 years ago". Then i clicked i have changed hardware and it just loads for 2 minutes and self exits without telling me anything, can somebody please help me or share your similar experience?

:)

whycantwindowsbefree, Jan 19, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Macrium is used frequently in this forum. There are experts in using it to recover drives. It's unclear as to why you are struggling to use it. I had not used it and just tried it for the first time and it went smoothly. Maybe these images might help?

windows won't activate after changing my hardware [​IMG]

zbook, Jan 19, 2019
  3. Activate Windows 10 after a hardware change !

Hi !

I ve just did a hardware change and I reactivated Windows 10 using the Microsoft account ! But I see that Windows 10 still activates on my old hardware !

I was expecting that It won t activate any more on the old hardware ! Can anyone help me ?

102a06fe-59f5-49ec-97a9-adf0bde4606f, Jan 19, 2019
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

windows won't activate after changing my hardware

windows activation—hardware changed siginficantly

From time to time on my thoroughbred PC, I get a Windows activation message that says my hardware changed siginificantly and I have to re-activate Windows. My hardware hasn't changed any more than a network card (went from a wireless g card to onboard lan to a wired network card), and the install is legit. Why is it doing this, and how can I stop it?

Thema:

windows won't activate after changing my hardware

1. windows won't activate after changing my hardware - Similar Threads - won't activate changing

2. My copy of Windows won't activate after a change in hardware.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My copy of Windows won't activate after a change in hardware.: Hi, I recently updated my motherboard to a new model and when I select "I have changed hardware recently" in the troubleshooter and select my new PC I get popup stating "Unable to reactivate Windows". I have done this before with no problem and have a digital key associated...
  3. My copy of Windows won't activate after a change in hardware.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My copy of Windows won't activate after a change in hardware.: Hi, I recently updated my motherboard to a new model and when I select "I have changed hardware recently" in the troubleshooter and select my new PC I get popup stating "Unable to reactivate Windows". I have done this before with no problem and have a digital key associated...
  4. Windows activation after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation after hardware change: Hi, I recently changed motherboard, CPU and RAM and ended up with the "Activate Windows" message... Troubleshooting did not resolve and inputting the original key led showed the following error code: 0xc004c060 The installation pack is genuine, and i had it installed for...
  5. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change: I recently did a full hardware change on my computer except for my hard drive, and Windows 10 says it is not activated. I got this computer over 5 years ago and upgraded to Windows 10 when it was available. Is there a way to fix this?...
  6. Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change

Windows 10 won't activate after hardware change: After buying a new motherboard, cpu and ram and struggling to get it set up on windows 7 not realizing that it wouldn't run the 3.2 USB ports I eventually tried upgrading to Windows 10. The upgrade wouldn't work for some reason, so after more fighting with it to format my SSD...
  7. Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change

Windows won't re-activate after a hardware change: I recently had to put my hard drive in another computer for maintenance purposes, and when I put my hard drive back in the original laptop, windows is deactivated. I used command prompt to find my original product key and tried entering it in, and it gave me the opportunity...
  8. Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.

Windows 10 pro won't activate after a hardware change.: Hello all. Recently my motherboard died and I had a shop replace with a fresh board of the exact same model. After a while of using the PC again I noticed the ''activate windows 10'' watermark showed up in the corner. So I go to the security screen, troubleshoot and...
  9. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change

Windows 10 Pro won't activate after Hardware change: I have changed most of the Hardware in my PC and I knew it was bound to happen that Windows is going to throw a fit I found a guide that said to just troubleshoot it and to specify that a Hardware change has happend. There is no such button for me there. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. windows not activating after hardware change

windows not activating after hardware change: hi I have upgraded my motherboard from msi to asus prime b450-plus and the cpu has changed from fx8350 to ryzen 2700x and now my copy of windows is not activating can you help ?...