Windows 10: Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

Discus and support Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HaloPWNER54, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

First off, I had to reinstall windows after it (almost) booted to a blue screen after the hardware change, figured that would happen so no big surprise. Got to the troubleshoot screen and reinstalled or whatever its called from there. Works great, except windows doesn't want to activate now, it's being a pain. I got the digital license after upgrading from windows 7, and I never linked it to my Microsoft account. Now I don't know what to do, and it's really annoying in the lower right... Anything else that I need to add to help? I've had the hard drive for the computer for about 7ish years now, since I switched from Windows XP. Though it's gone through multiple reinstalls and once it even got reimaged onto an SSD, which I'm using now. It's worked with the digital license through all of that, and only refused to activate now.

:)

HaloPWNER54, Jan 2, 2019
  2. erpster4 Win User

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

OP could try a phone activation of Win10 as a last resort since he changed the motherboard, processor & RAM, which is pretty close to doing an "overhaul" of an computer

what were the original (old) motherboard, original CPU and old RAM chips before this problem occured?
    and what kind of new board, new CPU & new RAM sticks did OP use before trying to reactivate Win10?

I know replacing an old motherboard with a new board that uses a different chipset & RAM chips (lets say old board uses AMD CPU with DDR3 RAM sticks and new board uses Intel CPU but using DDR4 RAM sticks) is pretty much a very substantial change that will require re-activation.

erpster4, Jan 2, 2019
  3. I want to change my motherboard, cpu and ram.

Can i change my motherboard,cpu and ram without re-installing windows or loosing the license.

Currently i have Intel CPU and i want to change it to Ryzen cpu.

Gorelov Bogdan, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

I have to activate windows because i changed my motherboard, cpu, and ram recently

I recently changed my hardware (motherboard, cpu, and ram) and now i have to activate windows but i go to the troubleshoot and it says "we cant reactivate windows on this device. Try again later." does this mean i dont have windows now and i have to buy
    it?

GabrielAlves4, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change.

1. Windows Won't Activate After MotherBoard, CPU, and RAM change. - Similar Threads - Won't Activate MotherBoard

2. can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't reactivate windows after changing motherboard, cpu and ram.: I've reinstalled my pc after getting new hardware and now I can't seem to reactivate it, everytime I go to Start button, then select Settings > System > Activation > troubleshoot > I changed hardware on this device recently, It says, "We can't reactivate Windows as our...
  3. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  4. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall: So i literally just changed my hardware, reinstalled windows and won't activate.Last time i activated windows was with the Free windows 7 - 10 free upgrade, 6 years ago - So im left at a loss.How do i get Microsoft to allow my windows to get activated again?...
  5. Windows won't activate after changing motherboard/CPU/RAM + windows reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot Activate Windows after Motherboard, CPU, and RAM Installation: Hello Microsoft Community. My problem has to do with the activation of Windows 10 after a hardware change. I installed the parts yesterday and when I tried to activate Windows post installation, it gave me the error message that starts with "unable to reach activation...
  7. Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU

Can't activate after changing motherboard and CPU: I bought new parts for my PC, including a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. After putting everything in my new case, with the same 2 SSDs and graphics card from my previous prebuilt PC, Windows 10 won't activate, saying the product key is invalid and that it's linked to the...
  8. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
  9. Windows won't reactivate after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows won't reactivate after changing motherboard and cpu: I just upgraded my PC, and windows deactivated itself. My windows key is linked to my microsoft account, and the original product key is probably long gone (it was a Windows 7 key from 5 years ago). I tried using the activation troubleshoot in settings. When I click "I...
  10. Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated

Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram windows is now not activated: Hi I have been running an retail windows 10 pro on this PC for years which has been activated from new. I have just Changed Motherboard CPU and Ram and now windows is NOT activated nor can I activate it. I checked my MS account and it shows I have 2 devices both the same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wont activate after mobo change even i have a microsoft account

2. windows wont activate after new motherboard

3. will windows activate if i change ram

4. upgraded mobo now windows needs activation but windows is activated,
  5. upgrade motherboard and ssd windows wont activate,
  6. after changing cpu windows wont activate,
  7. windows linked motherboard cpu,
  8. windows wont activate after motherboard change,
  9. windows wont activate after hardware upgrade,
  10. recently sahnge motherboard cpu and ram and now windows sais i need a product key,
  11. activate windows after motherboard change