Windows 10: Windows won’t activate after switching drives

Discus and support Windows won’t activate after switching drives in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I recently had my motherboard and hard drive changed and now I’m having problems activating Windows 10. On the new Hard Drive thats suppose to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nicholas428, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows won’t activate after switching drives

Hi! I recently had my motherboard and hard drive changed and now I’m having problems activating Windows 10.

On the new Hard Drive thats suppose to replace the old one, it says: “Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213”

On the old Hard Drive, it says: “We can’t activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0xC004F025”

My computer manufacture never gave me a product key, help? Thanks in advance.

:)

Nicholas428, Sep 28, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Sep 28, 2019
  4. Windows won’t activate after switching drives

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows won’t activate after switching drives

1. Windows won’t activate after switching drives - Similar Threads - won’t activate switching

2. Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux: I’m trying to switch back from linux mint to Windows 11, after realizing the Linux world isnt for me. I formatted my USB to FAT32, burned Windows 11 onto my USB Drive, and when trying to install windows, it says it can’t “find any drivers”. It seems i’ve formatted my SSD...
  3. Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won’t load from USB Drive after switching from Linux: I’m trying to switch back from linux mint to Windows 11, after realizing the Linux world isnt for me. I formatted my USB to FAT32, burned Windows 11 onto my USB Drive, and when trying to install windows, it says it can’t “find any drivers”. It seems i’ve formatted my SSD...
  4. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  5. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows activation after switching SSD: I moved my SSD from a previous device to another device. Now I receive the error 0xC004C003.How do I activate windows ?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-after-switching-ssd/16005bbe-9646-42fa-a118-71f76d4cf9a5
  6. Windows activation after switching SSD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Windows won’t activate after hardware change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won’t activate after hardware change?: I built my own PC 3 years ago and bought a Windows 10 key + installation disc off amazon. Activated with no problems and never had a problem until this week. I upgraded my PC and changed the motherboard and processor. Now I’m greeted with the ‘Activate Windows’ watermark in...
  8. Activating Windows After Hardware Switch

Activating Windows After Hardware Switch: Today I switched out my motherboard and processor in my PC, but when I finally got it booted windows wasn't activated. I clicked on Troubleshoot and it responds with "We were not able to activate windows on this device." I've tried typing in my Product Key in the "Change...
  9. Windows Boot Manager switching drives/Windows Install flash drive won’t load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Boot Manager switching drives/Windows Install flash drive won’t load: I was experiencing weird artifacting like glitches on google chrome so i was looking up what might be able to fix it. Updating my graphics drivers was a possible fix so thats what i did. But after doing that all of my games started to lag horribly so i decided to restart my...
  10. Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.

Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.: Hey everyone, before I switched my motherboard I got the free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. After I switched it I now have a grey letter in the bottom right stating "Activate Windows go to setting to activate windows." Which I have tried doing so and I've used the option...