Windows 10: Windows won’t activate after switching drives

Discus and support Windows won’t activate after switching drives in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! I recently had my motherboard and hard drive changed and now I’m having problems activating Windows 10. On the new Hard Drive thats suppose to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Nicholas428, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Windows won’t activate after switching drives

Hi! I recently had my motherboard and hard drive changed and now I’m having problems activating Windows 10.

On the new Hard Drive thats suppose to replace the old one, it says: “Windows reported that no product key was found on your device. Error code: 0xC004F213”

On the old Hard Drive, it says: “We can’t activate Windows on this device right now. You can try activating again later or go to the Store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0xC004F025”

My computer manufacture never gave me a product key, help? Thanks in advance.

:)

Nicholas428, Sep 28, 2019
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Sep 28, 2019
  4. Windows won’t activate after switching drives

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows won’t activate after switching drives

1. Windows won’t activate after switching drives - Similar Threads - won’t activate switching

2. Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro won't activate after switching to SSD.: I recently got an NVMe M.2 SSD and attempted to reinstall Windows 10 Pro on it. I put the Windows ISO into a USB and went through the install process on the SSD. Originally I accidentally installed Home but I realized the mistake and reinstalled Pro which is the version I had...
  3. Windows 10 not activating after switching to new computer.

Windows 10 not activating after switching to new computer.: Back in 2012 I build my computer with the help of some friends, who also provided me with a copy of windows. This windows copy worked perfectly, I reinstalled windows several times without any problems and even did the free upgrade to windows 10 back in 2016. Also during this...
  4. Upgrade to Windows 10 back after switching hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to Windows 10 back after switching hard drive: Hi all, I am a neophyte to the Windows Community so... I have a laptop (VAIO SVS15) that was previously upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 during the year-long Windows 10 Free Upgrade program, but the original hard drive that was previously used to upgrade died after a couple...
  5. Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.

Windows 10 Activation after a motherboard switch.: Hey everyone, before I switched my motherboard I got the free windows 10 upgrade from windows 7. After I switched it I now have a grey letter in the bottom right stating "Activate Windows go to setting to activate windows." Which I have tried doing so and I've used the option...
  6. Activation issues after switching motherboards

Activation issues after switching motherboards: After getting a new motherboard (and making sure beforehand my Windows 10 license is linked to my Microsoft account), Windows refuses to activate. It does display part of a product key, along with an error code 0xC004C003, but I can't be sure it's my original product key...
  7. Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiped Hard Drive Won’t Install Windows: I have a computer where the power went out while it was rebooting. I couldn’t fix it for months, so I used my Windows USB drive to try and redownload Windows and cleared all the partitions, so my computer should be completely blank. Except every time I try to reinstall...
  8. Cloned drive won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloned drive won’t boot up: I am very new at this. I have a HP ProBook 4540. A diagnostic test said the hard drive was failing. I cloned the old hard drive to an identical new one using EaseUS. Everything seemed fine. I then installed the new drive into the laptop and this message comes up: BootDevice...
  9. Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes windows won’t boot unless I switch off and on again: In last few months (maybe only since fall creators installed but that may just be co incidence) I have had issues when switching my desktop on. It’s happened about 3 or 4 times where it goes past post and then nothing happens. I’m still stuck staring at the ASUS logo on the...
  10. C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    C: Drive and D: Drive files switched after upgrade: Sorry, didn't exactly know where to post this. So recently I had my Windows Vista upgraded to Windows 10 (also upgraded various hardware). Today I was fiddling around and customizing it, when I noticed that all of my files that were previously saved on my C: Drive were...