Windows 10: Windows won't activate with new hardware

Discus and support Windows won't activate with new hardware in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jack_848, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Jack_848 Win User

Windows won't activate with new hardware

Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a "DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE", so I ended up doing a clean install of Windows on this new drive. I signed into the same Microsoft account that I had used before, which is also the same account I use to sign into Windows on my Laptop; this has an identical copy of Windows 10 Home and is activated by a digital licence which is linked to this Mi

:)

Jack_848, Nov 29, 2023
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Activation on new hardware

In the activation troubleshooter, when it detects no problems or gets to the end screen, click "I changed hardware on my PC recently", and select the license that corresponds to your PC. You might need to restart your PC.

orangeturtle197, Nov 29, 2023
  4. Windows won't activate with new hardware

Activate Windows 10 after a hardware change !

Hi !

I ve just did a hardware change and I reactivated Windows 10 using the Microsoft account ! But I see that Windows 10 still activates on my old hardware !

I was expecting that It won t activate any more on the old hardware ! Can anyone help me ?

102a06fe-59f5-49ec-97a9-adf0bde4606f, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

Windows won't activate with new hardware

1. Windows won't activate with new hardware - Similar Threads - won't activate hardware

2. Activate Windows on new hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate Windows on new hardware: Hi,I've recently changed my CPU, MOBO and RAM, and now I get an annoying message on my screen stating I need to Activate Windows again.It says that if I changed HW I need to log in as an admin and then press the troubleshoot, but it doesn't do anything, just says "Windows...
  3. Windows won't activate with new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  4. Windows won't activate with new hardware

Windows won't activate with new hardware: Recently I have built a new PC and have installed a new copy of Windows 10 Home onto my new m.2 NVME SSD by USB drive I was having critical issues with running Windows on my original SSD following this new build, as it was constantly blue-screening with a...
  5. Windows Activation on new hardware

Windows Activation on new hardware: Hi,So, I have followed all the help steps to be able to switch my digital windows key over to my new pc and my new PC isn't showing up even though I'm logged in with the correct account.I have also tried deactivating my windows key from one to device and have entered it on my...
  6. Windows Activation on new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation on new hardware: I had Windows 10 pro installed on an old computer and it would not update to Windows 11 because of old hardware wouldn't support 11. I have a new computer which will only load windows 11 Home. How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new Windows 11 Home computer. I...
  7. Windows Activation on new hardware

Windows Activation on new hardware: I had Windows 10 pro installed on an old computer and it would not update to Windows 11 because of old hardware wouldn't support 11. I have a new computer which will only load windows 11 Home. How do I transfer the Windows 10 Pro license to the new Windows 11 Home computer. I...
  8. Windows Activation, new hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation, new hardware: Just swapped out my motherboard old one died. And I lost my activated windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-activation-new-hardware/eb315389-133e-4972-8734-d7b9d7788d54
  9. Windows activation on a new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation on a new hardware: Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I have forgotten to add my account on my previous motherboard which I do not have access to anymore so I can't use the option 'I recently hanged hardware on this device'. I had a similar problem before when I also changed my...
  10. activate windows on new hardware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    activate windows on new hardware: ok my ssd hangs my pc at startup and without it pc works fine now if I get new ssd do I need to reactivate windows if yes how do I do it in India my windows key is linked to my email which I use to sign into windows...