Windows 10: Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

Discus and support Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I recently built a new PC and have just installed Windows 10 Pro, I have a digital key and I have followed all the instructions of logging into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JesseeMacKenzie, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

Hi, I recently built a new PC and have just installed Windows 10 Pro, I have a digital key and I have followed all the instructions of logging into my account and it should activate but it does not. I get this error code though0xC004F213

:)

JesseeMacKenzie, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Usually the error code 0xC004F213 comes when there is a hardware change done on the computer (like Motherboard or Hard drive). The Windows license is associated with the device hardware. If there is any significant hardware changes, such as replacing
    motherboard or hard drive, Windows won’t be able to recognize the license.

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps from the article
    Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change
    and see if Windows gets activated.

If you are using an OEM computer that came with Windows 7, and the motherboard has not been changed, then you can follow the steps to retrieve the product key that came with your OEM computer. To retrieve the product key follow the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar, that is on the taskbar.
    2. Right click on Command prompt icon and select Run as administrator.
    3. Type the command and press on Enter: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    4. You will find the product key.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Syspreped computer is staying activated. Wont ask for key. Why?

If I understand you correctly, I don't need to worry about changing the key when its on a new machine. Microsoft is not going to see the key on multiple machines and void the key?

So I can enter the Key, go into audit mode, make my changes and software installs and then sysprep, image the drive, and deploy that already activated image to multiple machines with different hardware configs, without any issues from a windows activation or Microsoft stand point, wont ever deactivate or go not genuine etc?

MindOverMatt, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

Unable to activate Windows after hardware change.

Unfortunately, the Activation troubleshooter didn't work. I already had a look into that page but it didn't fix my issue.

EasternGamer, Jun 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change

1. Windows wont active with digital key after hardware change - Similar Threads - wont active digital

2. Windows Wont Activate After Hardware Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Wont Activate After Hardware Change: My Motherboard was burnt out, and got changed , now windows is not activated and wont reactivate.I tried contacting microsoft support with live chat, got to wait for 1 hour with 50+ customers and then it closed before it even opened reference ID "7034147675", I am trying to...
  3. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  4. how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to activate a digital licence after changing the hardware: i've been attempting to get my digital licence to work on my new computer but isn't working, tried using the slmgr commands and still dont have success, tried to uninstall from the original device and now isn't even showing on the troubleshoot...
  5. Windows activation wont work after hardware change.

Windows activation wont work after hardware change.: I have recently upgraded my computer hardware such as the motherboard and CPU. I still have my Windows 10 Pro product key with Windows 10 Pro installed but it won't let me activate it despite the product key being in Windows already. Using the troubleshooter doesn't help and...
  6. Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license

Windows Activation after Hardware Change for digital license: Hi, I bought a digital license in February 2018. After I changed my hardware once, a year ago, i've never managed to reactivate my license on this hardware. Maybe I did something wrong myself. I paid the 280 Swiss Francs for a digital license, because I know I change...
  7. Winfows wont activate after hardware change.

Winfows wont activate after hardware change.: Hello, I recently upgraded my system. After getting everything setup I installed Windows on my new M.2 drive. I made sure that my license was attached to my account. When I try to activate windows using the troubleshooter it will come up with the 2 licenses on my account 1...
  8. Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall

Windows 10 digital key wont activate after hardware and Windows reinstall: This is my current issue. A few months ago I killed my PSU and only recently got it replaced, during this process, I upgraded my SSD and reinstalled windows 10, and now the digital key won't activate. My key was a retail windows 8 home key I upgraded to a Windows 10 home...
  9. Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license

Windows activation after hardware change with a digital license: I recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard and cannot activate Windows. Before this upgrade my digital license was linked to my Microsoft account. I am logged in to my Microsoft account right now, but the troubleshooter is "Unable to activate Windows" when I select my current...
  10. Windows 10 wont activate after hardware change?

Windows 10 wont activate after hardware change?: Recently got my motherboard replaced so I'm trying to reactivate windows, however it doesn't let me? There are no other devices still activated on the copy of windows as well (checked my other devices) Any help? It's windows 10 pro....