Windows 10: Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO

Discus and support Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, i honestly dont know what to try anymore. We have a WSUS setup on a 2012R2 and our Clients are Windows 10. I want that our clients will search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Xihh, May 4, 2020.

1. Xihh Win User

Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO

Hello,

i honestly dont know what to try anymore. We have a WSUS setup on a 2012R2 and our Clients are Windows 10. I want that our clients will search for and install updates automatically everday at 1am. The gpo is configured as follows:

- GPO for connecting to our WSUS

Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO f3c24341-397d-4c21-b0f5-bab49308d293?upload=true.png

- GPO for specific update settings

Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO 561aac74-6c5b-4a0d-a9cc-04f5aa6b59e8?upload=true.png

The clients will install the updates, once i manually search for updates, but never on its own on the specified time. Windows update wont even generate a log to the specified time. I made sure with rsop.msc and gpresult /h that the client gets the policies that you see above.

The client in question is W10 1703. But i also tried with 1809 and 1909

Best regards,

Maximilian

:)

Xihh, May 4, 2020
  2. bigscale Win User

windows automatic updates

i have some questions about the windows automatic updates in windows xp pro w sp/2. ive got about forty updates they recommend , mostly for security but i only installed two today. after installing them i found them in my add/remove programs in the control panel, if i add all these updates that is a lot of space on my hd almost 1 gig. i thought that updates just updated files and not created new programs. should i innore all these update suggestions from microsoft?

bigscale, May 4, 2020
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, May 4, 2020
  4. Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO

Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, May 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO

1. Windows wont automatically search windows updates via GPO - Similar Threads - wont automatically search

2. Some Windows 11 settings via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some Windows 11 settings via GPO: Hi group,I'm building a Windows 11 client for an enterprise environment and I try to set some settings via GPO, powershell or registry. I've tried several ways but none of them worked well enough. I hope you can help me with just some of them.1. Disable bluetooth but user...
  3. Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update: Hello all, We enabled the GPO "Force a specific default lock screen and logon image" some time ago, which worked fine. Every computer now has the same background, which it has taken from a network resource. Now we want to exchange this background. We have already changed the...
  4. Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update

Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update: Hello all, We enabled the GPO "Force a specific default lock screen and logon image" some time ago, which worked fine. Every computer now has the same background, which it has taken from a network resource. Now we want to exchange this background. We have already changed the...
  5. Windows Background set via GPO doesn't update

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO: I have about 250 laptops and 160 desktops in my organizationI am not using SCCM for windows update yet. I do not mind them connecting to internet to download updates from MicrosoftThe issue is I am unable to force them to update via GPO that I configuredComputer Config \...
  7. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO: I have about 250 laptops and 160 desktops in my organizationI am not using SCCM for windows update yet. I do not mind them connecting to internet to download updates from MicrosoftThe issue is I am unable to force them to update via GPO that I configuredComputer Config \...
  8. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

9. Unable to Update Windows via Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Update Windows via Automatic Update: Hi, I am not able to update my Windows 10 Pro since the last version 1809. I can recall that the update was working before. I have tried to use Troubleshoot but it couldn't fix the issue. I have also downloaded and ran Windows 10 Update Assistant but right after it...
  10. Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable "device search history" via registry/gpo: In 10 v1511 there is a new entry in the start menu search called "device search history" that is enabled by default. I use Code: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search] "AllowCortana"=dword:00000000 "DisableWebSearch"=dword:00000001...