Windows 10: Windows won't automatically switch to headset when plugged in

Discus and support Windows won't automatically switch to headset when plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just update to the newest updates version 1809, Laptop Asus GL553VD, Windows 10 64 bit Before update whenever i plugged my headset, the system would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rico Simatupang, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Windows won't automatically switch to headset when plugged in

Just update to the newest updates version 1809, Laptop Asus GL553VD, Windows 10 64 bit

Before update whenever i plugged my headset, the system would automatically switch the audio from my speaker to my headset and vice versa

After the updates, all the drivers went silent so i had to reinstall everything but the new problem is: I have to manually switch the audio from my audio manager if i want to hear audio from headset and vice versa

Audio driver used: Realtek HD Audio Manager (SST)

Methods searched:

- No headphone icon on my sound playback -> cannot set default audio

- reinstalled the driver already

:)

Rico Simatupang, Feb 28, 2019

2. Store Settings "Update apps automatically" won`t stay switched off. WHY?

In Settings in Store I set "Update apps automatically" to Off.

When I go back in again it`s set back to On. Why won`t it stay switched Off?

How do I get this stupid **** to DO WHAT I TELL IT and SWITCH OFF?

What`s the point of having a Setting that you can`t Set?

H. G. (En), Feb 28, 2019
  3. Automatic sound switch from HDMI to headset?

The problem isn't with switching automatically from the headset to the computerspeakers when plugging in or ejecting the headset. That works fine. I'm talking about when I have my pc mirrored to my plasma screen tv via hdmi cable. The song and picture
    come through the tv. I want it to automatically switch over to the headset from the tv speakers when I plug in the headset. I don't even know if this is possible.

xJeallen3x, Feb 28, 2019
  4. Windows won't automatically switch to headset when plugged in

Whenever i plug earphone during a call, its not working, after that as i cut the call n plug it again, then it works perfectly, then i can use it during call n also listen music

Hi Tamal,

I would suggest you to try the steps below and get back to us with the status to assist you further.

• Switch your phone off and on. After this operation, you may need to re-adjust the volume.
    • Check that your compatible wired headset is properly plugged into your phone.
    • Connect your headset to another phone to check if the issue is with the headset or the phone.
    Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

Windows won't automatically switch to headset when plugged in

1. Windows won't automatically switch to headset when plugged in - Similar Threads - won't automatically switch

2. Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in: Hi,I recently built a custom gaming PC, I use a Logitech speakers and have my headphone plugged in that I sometimes use as a microphone. Even though I set the speakers as default, sometimes the auto cut off and I can hear sounds in the headphone instead of speaker for like 5...
  3. Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in: Hi,I recently built a custom gaming PC, I use a Logitech speakers and have my headphone plugged in that I sometimes use as a microphone. Even though I set the speakers as default, sometimes the auto cut off and I can hear sounds in the headphone instead of speaker for like 5...
  4. Sounds automatically switches between different playback when both are plugged in

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game: So i had this issue where my one plus bullet wireless headphone connect normally to my laptop but when ever i start a game it automatically switches to headset audio output from headphone output which results in bad audio quality.When i close my game after few sec it reverts...
  6. Headset not working when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headset not working when plugged in: So i have this problem with my headset, when i plug it in, the sound does not transfer to my headphone, i have confirmed that this is my devices fault and not my headset, what i do to counter this is by going into About Your Pc, System Info, Advanced system settings, hardware...
  7. Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any to automatic switch from headphone to headset: I have a Bluetooth headset. Because it's Bluetooth, I can't use the audio at full quality and the microphone at the same time, so I have to open mmsys.cpl and switch from the headphone option to headset. But, when I use the same headset on a Mac, it changes automatically,...
  8. Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.

Mic is detected when plugged into pc, but not when plugged into my headset.: If I plug my microphone directly into my pc, and I select mic in, Windows 10 detects it and it works fine. If I plug in my headset into my pc, and select headphone, windows 10 detects my headset but not my microphone when I connect it to the headset. It says “no input device...
  9. Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is

Headset mic "not plugged in" when it clearly is: Hi, I am having a problem with the microphone on my headset not being detected by my computer. Windows tells me that there is no microphone plugged in when I have clearly done so. I have a sennheiser headset with separate audio/mic jacks, connected to an adapter that feeds...
  10. Microphone Won't Work When Audio is plugged in with headset Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Won't Work When Audio is plugged in with headset Windows 10: Hello, I currently have a Logitech G230 headset. I used it with a gaming desktop and had no issue. Upon getting a gaming laptop, I plugged in my headset into the provided audio and microphone jack and I could hear fine but not use the microphone. When I unplug the audio...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does not switch to headset windows