Windows 10: Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU

Discus and support Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here is my system info: Windows 10 pro 64 - ver 1809 - build 17763.195 i7-8700 Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard 64GB (4x16) Ripjaws V series DDR4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ID2tall, Jan 4, 2019.

1. ID2tall Win User

Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU

Here is my system info:

Windows 10 pro 64 - ver 1809 - build 17763.195

i7-8700

Asus Prime Z390-A motherboard

64GB (4x16) Ripjaws V series DDR4 2666 CL15

2 x ADATA XPG SX6000Pro 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 M.2 2280 NVMe drives (RAID 1)

PNY Quadro P2000 graphics card

PNY Quadro P400 graphics card

(all drivers and BIOS are up to date and installed)

If I only have one GC installed (either one, it doesn't matter) in either the x16_1 or x16_2 slot on the motherboard the system boots fine and sees the card and my monitors. If I add a second card, the system will try to boot. I get the spinning dots, but they stall out (two to three times) and then I get a blue screen that says that I don't have a bootable device. If I power off then power back on and inter the BIOS, my drives do not show up. If I then power off again, remove one GC, and restart, the system boots fine.

I have also tried to just enable the iGPU along with a single GC and the same thing happens.

I have worked with Asus, PNY and Nvidia and everyone says that their hardware is good. So, I'm down to a possible windows problem.

Is there something I need to do to make two GC's work in Win 10?

:)

ID2tall, Jan 4, 2019

2. Windows won,t recognise that i have changed my graphics card

Hi

I tried to put widows 10 on my PC but i was informed that my Nvidia 7300 graphics card was not compatible so i have changed my card to a Nvidia 610 which is, everything on the computer recognizes the new card and it is working fine now when i try to upgrade
    microsoft still thinks i have the 7300 card and won,t allow me to download it, what do i need to do.

Thanks Peter

Peter Bracewell, Jan 4, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU

Adding graphics card - system refuses to boot

Hello Chris,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that Windows is unable to configure the drivers for the external graphics device.

To be able to assist you better, let us know if the device you are referring to is connected via USB/PCI slot.

Also, let us know the exact error messages or the notifications which you receive during

• System notification prompting to use Device manager.
    • At reboot.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to disable the internal graphics card adapter from Device Manager and then try to install the drivers for the new graphics card.

To do so, right click on the Start Menu, find Device Manager
    and open. Locate the graphics device in the device list, right click on it and select disable. If it still does not help, uninstall the drivers for your internal graphics card and then check again.

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you better.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU

1. Windows won't boot after adding second graphics card or enabling iGPU - Similar Threads - won't boot adding

2. Windows 10 won't boot after adding second drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't boot after adding second drive: Recently, I transferred the hard drive from my laptop to my PC to use as a second drive. Now, when I try to turn the PC on, it won't boot. In order for me to boot the PC, I need to remove the second drive, turn of the PC then after it is fully booted, plug the second drive...
  3. Enabling graphic card without monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling graphic card without monitor: Dell XPS 8900. I disabled the integrated graphic card with device manager. Now the screen is blank when i restart and F2 and F12 doesn’t keep the spinning dots from freezing up. The F2 menu doesn’t appear anymore as it use to. The F12 menu still appears but hitting the menu...
  4. Computer will not boot after adding second HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer will not boot after adding second HDD: I added a new HDD to my desktop. My computer started fine, but did not pick up the new HDD, so I restarted my computer. However, it did not boot. I disconnected the new HDD, but it is still not booting. I keep coming to this screen. [img] I tried solving the issue using...
  5. Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Windows 10 won't boot up after changed new graphics card: I got the problem with a new graphics card change. After new graphics card installed, turn on the computer. I can see BIOS logo and Windows logo loading, then I can see the Windows login screen (Standard resolution) and then change to black screen forever. ( I think Windows...
  6. Adding Memory to a Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Adding Memory to a Graphics Card: Good morning everyone, I have a NVidia Quadro K1100 with 2gigs of memory. Is it possible to add more memory to the card? 115483
  7. BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When booting with graphics card enabled.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. When booting with graphics card enabled.: I can only boot into my computer using the integrated graphics, I have tried using display driver uninstaller to remove the drivers and reinstall but I keep getting this blue screen error when my GPU is enabled. I have attached the dump files below and hope that someone...
  8. Second Graphic Card.

Second Graphic Card.: Hi, Want to add a second graphic card but don´t know which would be better in a similar range. These are my current specs: CPU:Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GhzMotherboard:Asus X99 Pro/USB 3.1 Memory:32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4-2133 DIMMGraphics Card(s):Asus GeForce GTX...
  9. Computer won't post after graphics card replacement

Computer won't post after graphics card replacement: Okay, so I bought this Radeon RX 550 and I installed it into my PC, the computer wouldn't POST and I realized the GPU fans would turn on later than the other fans, at st I thought it was the PSU so I bought a 500W and installed it into my PC and it still wouldn't work. 102410
  10. After Creators Update - Won't boot with graphics card driver installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Creators Update - Won't boot with graphics card driver installed: As the title suggests, I allowed the creators update to install itself yesterday and now the computer will get stuck whilst booting. I took the graphics card out and used the onboard graphics and it then booted fine. Uninstalled the graphics drivers and rebooted with graphics...