Windows 10: Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue

Discus and support Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have had my PC for 5 years.Recently my computer started freezing up after an hourI ended up reinstalling windows while keeping all the apps/files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LongNS, Jul 15, 2021.

1. LongNS Win User

Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue

I have had my PC for 5 years.Recently my computer started freezing up after an hourI ended up reinstalling windows while keeping all the apps/files. After completing updates, the desktop would keep flashing with my main user, the other was fine.I followed advice to fix this by disabling startups in MsConfig. Error reporting etc It didn't work so I disabled all the non essential ones. Now the computer won't boot, with 0xc000000f error. I got a boot USB. Repair did nothing, I tried typing in command prompt with commands people recommended and nothing workedDoes anyone know how to fix this? Th

:)

LongNS, Jul 15, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Volume Mute Light won´t change color

When you viewed the HP web site for software and drivers were you able to change the operating system from 10 to 7 or 8.1? If it is not listed there then it may not be the solution to the audio problem.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.html
    ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp65501-66000/sp65631.cva

There are probook models listed for this driver. The computer model that you are using is not on the list.

Open msconfig and see whether your computer is booting in normal startup or selective startup.

zbook, Jul 15, 2021
  3. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

For my model only up to win7 is listed and HP says that it does not provide win 10 upgrades for a laptop my age. Don´t know how to open or use msconfig-my computer skills are very selective and all in all very poor.

mrsnakeman, Jul 15, 2021
  4. agiyx Win User

agiyx, Jul 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows won't boot after changing MSConfig to fix another issue - Similar Threads - won't boot changing

2. msconfig issue fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    msconfig issue fix: Yesterday, I went into msconfig on my laptop and selected selective startup by mistake, and restarted my laptop, it has been stuck there ever since. I have tried all options but they are not working. I also cloned my OS from a HDD to a SSD before, can that be the reason for...
  3. msconfig issue fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    msconfig issue fix: Yesterday, I went into msconfig on my laptop and selected selective startup by mistake, and restarted my laptop, it has been stuck there ever since. I have tried all options but they are not working. I also cloned my OS from a HDD to a SSD before, can that be the reason for...
  4. msconfig issue fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  6. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig: So I changed number of processors in msconfig from 8 to 1 with an i7 3770 so I rebooted now I just get the blue recovery screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-boot-after-changing-number-of-processors-in/7edb604a-29de-4048-82d5-48f55f852344
  7. Won't boot after changing number of processors in msconfig

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS won't boot. Changed msconfig startingconfiguration.: Hallo, I made a Fatal mistake. Inside of the Windows+R"msconfig" I changed the windows starting configuration. There was "WINDOWS 10 C:\Windows current operating system" and something else, I clicked on it. Saved the option and restartet my pc. It doesn't boot now :....
  9. Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.

Windows not booting after changing something in msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory now I keep getting a blue screen and windows whe. I try to boot won't I have already tried some advanced options and made a windows restore so far nothing work can someone help me please and thankyou....
  10. Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not booting after changing something on msconfig.: Hi I went into my msconfig to change the cores for my cpu and memory It didn't save last time now I keep getting a blue screen and windows won't properly boot I have already tried some advanced options and made a system restore but not working. submitted by /u/nebzi_...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MSconfig boot tab is empty