Windows 10: Windows won’t boot after failed partition

Discus and support Windows won’t boot after failed partition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So hey. I tried to install Linux mint alongside with windows 10, the distribution tried to partition my c drive so I could dual boot, bad mistake, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/xdhelicopter, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Windows won’t boot after failed partition

So hey. I tried to install Linux mint alongside with windows 10, the distribution tried to partition my c drive so I could dual boot, bad mistake, it said failed and then I just rebooted my computer to go back into windows, but all that happens is I get a bsod saying ntfs filesystem or something like that. If anyone could help me I would appreciate that very much

submitted by /u/xdhelicopter
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/xdhelicopter, Feb 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Dandel Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Windows won’t boot after failed partition

Boot windows installation within a partition?

Damnit, I knew thats what you wanted with your first post! I deleted my post because JMCSLOB confused me lol.

Hm, if you Follow this guide (Replace words "flash driive" with 160GB hard drive) How to Create a Bootable Windows 7 or Vista USB Drive for both partitions and then to do a dummy install of windows 8 on the last part of the HDD it should give you the option to boot Windows 7/8 Installer or boot into windows 8.
    Edit: On step 4 you will want to make sure you size the partition correctly... or you can use the windows gui tool in control panel.

Once you get that far you can just delete windows 8 from the boot menu using MSCONFIG and delete the partition.

slyfox2151, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Windows won’t boot after failed partition

1. Windows won’t boot after failed partition - Similar Threads - won’t boot failed

2. Windows fail to boot after decrypting C and D partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows fail to boot after decrypting C and D partitions: Dear Everyone,I had two partitions on my PC C: and D: both are NTFS file system.C: contains Windows and D: contains the raw archival data.Yesterday I have tried to decrypt both of the partitions and turn off bitlocker using the below command in powershell.manage-bde -off c:...
  3. Windows fail to boot after decrypting C and D partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows fail to boot after decrypting C and D partitions: Dear Everyone,I had two partitions on my PC C: and D: both are NTFS file system.C: contains Windows and D: contains the raw archival data.Yesterday I have tried to decrypt both of the partitions and turn off bitlocker using the below command in powershell.manage-bde -off c:...
  4. Windows fail to boot after decrypting C and D partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows won’t boot after Reset This PC failed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows won’t boot after Reset This PC failed: The computer was having major performance issues, to the point of almost being unusable. So I tried to perform a reset while keeping personal files. I don’t know if this is what caused things to go awry, but when it automatically initiated a restart after downloading Windows...
  6. Windows won’t boot after Reset This PC failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won’t boot after Reset This PC failed: The computer was having major performance issues, to the point of almost being unusable. So I tried to perform a reset while keeping personal files. I don’t know if this is what caused things to go awry, but when it automatically initiated a restart after downloading Windows...
  7. Windows won’t boot after Reset This PC failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.

Windows 10 fails to boot after installing Linux alongside the partition.: After I installed Manjaro Linux alongside the Windows 10 partition on my C drive, I haven't been able to boot into Windows. For some odd reason, Windows is being listed in both sda1 and sdb1 which I have tried booting from. Instead of launching properly I get 1 of these...
  9. Windows won’t boot after upgrade.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won’t boot after upgrade.: I went to upgrade from home to pro. Windows home was updated. 300gb left on ssd. Went to upgrade and it restarts and goes in repair mode. Cant reset pc. No restore point. Ran sfc scannow and it couldnt complete. Not sure what to do At this point. Booted it in safe mode and it...
  10. Windows won’t load after removing Linux partition

Windows won’t load after removing Linux partition: I deleted Linux partition and Windows stopped loading. Instead of loading it goes to grub rescue mode. Please help. I really cannot realize how Linux connected to Windows loading(...