Windows 10: Windows won't boot after fresh install across all hard drives.

Discus and support Windows won't boot after fresh install across all hard drives. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So this is a strange question: I built a new CPU and attempted to install windows onto a samsung m.2 970 evo plus. Windows installed but after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Keba101, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Keba101 Win User

Windows won't boot after fresh install across all hard drives.

So this is a strange question:

I built a new CPU and attempted to install windows onto a samsung m.2 970 evo plus. Windows installed but after restarting to confirm instalation the system locks up right after the bios screen. All i see is 3 stopped circles a picture of my motherboard logo and i'm able to move my mouse. I tried with my older system using the same m.2 drive and same problem. After this i was unable to boot windows from any of my hard drives. I wiped my hard drives and did a fresh install using USB media and now i'm stuck. None of my hard drives are booting up windows after i do a fresh install. I've wiped the drives using the installer to make sure there is nothing there and now windows doesn't load. I can boot up the media file from the USB stick and i can operate in bios just fine. I can pick a drive to install windows on but after it installs and does the initial restart it attempts to set up the system then freezes at the same or close to the same spot every time.

I'm at a loss and have no idea what to do.

:)

Keba101, Oct 10, 2019
  2. RCoon Win User

[Confusion] Hard drive won't boot. Caused by video card?

Did you install Windows with all your other hard drives plugged in? If you did, removing them when you boot Windows will fail, because Windows dumps boot flags on every drive when its first installed. That's why people always recommend disconnecting every single hard drive besides your C:\ drive when doing a fresh install.

As for your initial problem, the GPU being reinstalled and suddenly Windows won't boot - tried safe mode? (Spam F9 when your computer is loading)

RCoon, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Mark7805 Win User
    [Confusion] Hard drive won't boot. Caused by video card?

Shoot, good thinking, I forgot about that. I installed with all drives plugged in *Frown Windows won't boot after fresh install across all hard drives. :(

Does that mean I'm screwed?

Mark7805, Oct 10, 2019
  4. more123 Win User

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows won't boot after fresh install across all hard drives. - Similar Threads - won't boot fresh

2. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  3. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive: I am performing a fresh install for somebody on a new hard drive. Their last hard drive basically died, but I was able to pull the user file out of it. When I went to put the hard drive into their computer, I was getting a boot device not found error. I brought the hard drive...
  4. Boot Device Not Found on Fresh Install on New Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Wiped hard drive in cmd because PC won't boot. Had a fresh windows install. Still freezes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wiped hard drive in cmd because PC won't boot. Had a fresh windows install. Still freezes...: So while downloading some updates last Saturday (13.02.2021), my PC just crashed and wouldn't boot. Boot menu stopped showing my HDD in list of Bootable device. Opening CMD from the advanced boot settings did list the drive in list vol. Tried many fixes from various forums...
  6. BSOD fresh install on new hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD fresh install on new hard drive: Hi, I have been getting the VERY FUN irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD after doing a fresh install on a brand new SSD. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the BSOD. Here are the files: DESKTOP-T065BLG-2018-12-17_131645_32.zip 123637
  7. HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HELP! Multiple hard drives - Fresh install: Fixing a friends older PC. There are two physical hard drives in the computer and I am going to completely format and reinstall Windows10 due to the 1803 failure on that machine (can't get into literally anything now). So, the PC has 2 hard drives but boots from the...
  8. Concerns with fresh install on different hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Concerns with fresh install on different hard drive: Hi everyone, I've upgraded to 10 from W7, and I've had nothing but problems with it, so i'm concerned about the installation to a different SSD than the one I'm using, my mind is telling me it should be fine as the Upgrade happened all on the same hardware, but changing the...
  9. Is it possible to split a Windows installation across hard drives?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it possible to split a Windows installation across hard drives?: Just curious if this is possible, in basically the same way that one can do it in Linux. I just have a little idyllic scenario in my head where my Windows system folder is on a small NVMe drive, my Program Files folders are on a separate SSD of some kind, and my Users...
  10. Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot - fresh install: Hello, On Sunday, I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro on my Dell Precision T5810 (1Tb SSD main disk and 1Tb HDD secondary disk). I had some problems afterwards, as it sometimes said it couldn't find a partition table. After a while, this seemed to settle down, and I was able to...